What 343 Did Right!!

We know that Halo 5 has some problems, they are talked about in just about every thread. However, 343 succeeded in a lot of areas. For the first time in a halo game I truly find value in each and every weapon. In the old halos, I hated any match in which I did not spawn with a Battle rifle. Now I feel confident from the start and truly enjoy the balance of the weapons and how each one can be useful in their own situations. I have heard a lot of people complain about the movement but I think its a great addition. After playing Halo 4, which was not all that good so bravo for making a better game than that, i found it hard to go back to the other Halos that did not have a sprint. I think the movement was necessary but it still feels like I am playing Halo, just a faster one. I like the weekend playlists and I am really hoping that when forge comes out they will give us some new playlists and a social and ranked option. As far as ranking goes, its almost the same as classic halo ranking. Instead of going 1-50, you go 1500- and up. The real ranking starts when you hit onyx. The only thing I am not thrilled about personally is the campaign. They shifted the focus away from the things that make me happy when I think about the Halo lore; Chief, Elites, and Cortana. Multiplayer wise, i love this game. What do you guys think?

I agree with you OP. Halo 5 feels like Halo, just faster. I am having a blast with it. Major props to 343 for making a great game IMO.

Personally to me they succeeded/improved in:

• music, great soundtracks! Could sit here and listen forever to the main menues theme
  • weapon sounds/design
  • making a nice niche for the promethean weaponry and not having completely OP (binary rifle, inci cannon, boltshot) and useless weapons (suppressor, pulse grenade)
  • overall game dynamics (except maybe the bouncy warthog…)

What 343 is doing right is listening to all of the feedback and actually doing something about it. Finally going to be able to see our medals again. Btb coming in quicker then we though when many thought it would take months. Making maps just for certain playlists. They’re doing great so far.

> 2654577101795508;2:
> I agree with you OP. Halo 5 feels like Halo, just faster. I am having a blast with it. Major props to 343 for making a great game IMO.

This sums up my feeling exactly.

I think that 343 actually managed to give each weapon some uniqueness and reason to use them compared to in Halo 4 where the stormrifle and suppressor were basically worthless since people just used the AR.

> 2535425761687659;6:
> I think that 343 actually managed to give each weapon some uniqueness and reason to use them compared to in Halo 4 where the stormrifle and suppressor were basically worthless since people just used the AR.

Oh yeah totally. I just love the suppressor this game. It’s a great weapon to just start firing while going around and corner and it just destroys anyone I see.