What 343 did right with the new Wraith design.

Other than the new Wraith looking more like an AAT from Star Wars the new Wraith also prevents a gameplay mechanic which was stupid in previous games. You can no longer kill your highjackers if they board you from the front and you go to a wall and shoot your plasma shell at it. This makes it so much nicer that you can be killed while boarding a wraith anymore. It always felt like a cheap tactic and so happy it’s gone.

What is all your opinions about the new wraith design?

343 updated the game so that splash damage from the plasma mortar (and I think the Scorpion’s shells) can kill boarders.

I think it looked a bit different from it’s previous design, but I think it’s grown on me. This is the first time I’ve seen a positive reaction to the Wraith’s new design.

> 2533274982219444;3:
> I think it looked a bit different from it’s previous design, but I think it’s grown on me. This is the first time I’ve seen a positive reaction to the Wraith’s new design.

this is one of the few designs for things I like that 343 did when modeling an existing thing. That might just be the Star Wars fan in me tho since it has many similarities with the AAT from Phantom Menace and The Clone Wars.

> 2535437652903765;2:
> 343 updated the game so that splash damage from the plasma mortar (and I think the Scorpion’s shells) can kill boarders.

I didn’t know that, it still doesn’t work for me. Do you know which update they did that in?

> 2533274878104604;4:
> > 2533274982219444;3:
> > I think it looked a bit different from it’s previous design, but I think it’s grown on me. This is the first time I’ve seen a positive reaction to the Wraith’s new design.
>
> this is one of the few designs for things I like that 343 did when modeling an existing thing. That might just be the Star Wars fan in me tho since it has many similarities with the AAT from Phantom Menace and The Clone Wars.

Yeah, that’s what someone said around the first time.

> 2533274878104604;5:
> > 2535437652903765;2:
> > 343 updated the game so that splash damage from the plasma mortar (and I think the Scorpion’s shells) can kill boarders.
>
> I didn’t know that, it still doesn’t work for me. Do you know which update they did that in?

I think it was around the Monitor’s Bounty update that they added it.

I love the more organic appearance compared to its older siblings. It now looks in line with the Ghost and Banshee.

I like the new Wraith design a lot. I can’t say the same about the Ghost and Scorpion however.

H5 Wraith looks pretty detailed, love the look on the AA Wraith. Its for me :slight_smile:

The new design of the Wraith I can give it a pass. But with the sound, I’ll rather go back to Halo 3 to Reach’s or even Halo 4’s sound of the Wraith.

> 2533275008181400;11:
> The new design of the Wraith I can give it a pass. But with the sound, I’ll rather go back to Halo 3 to Reach’s or even Halo 4’s sound of the Wraith.

The classic wraith should have been for the elites that follow Arbiter and the Halo 5 wraith should have been Jul’s Covenant wraiths.

The art design is a solid 8/10 for the vehicles but the boarding mechanics have been terrible in every game that isn’t HALO 2.

I love the fins on the side of the wrath gives a sense of realism

I like the AA design and I’m getting better at leading my shots toward air vehicles and spreading them for infantry.