Weren't Halo 5 matchmaking searches bad?

What’s really funny to me is that the MCC matchmaking was literally so bad, that people are remembering Halo 5 matchmaking to be golden.

That’d be really weird if it was just for me. But whenever I would enter matchmaking (either alone or online with a buddy) I would come across a few game delaying problems.
Uneven teams start
post-game would keep me in the lobby for a while.
Kinda long load times.
Me and buddy would be on different teams.

Why do people on the forums try to pretend it ran like butter?

Key word, “beta.”

In the first week yes. But then it got smoothed out.

> 2533274847074241;2:
> Key word, “beta.”

Exactly. The beta got better, too like Mihael Langley said.

They aren’t pretending it ran like butter.
I have not heard that, but i have heard, “given its a beta that is really far out from release, matchmaking was working great.” Which is true. That context matters a lot.

There were some problems with quitters leading to long MM times. That is NOT 343s fault though. Some players are just -Yoink-'s about their ranking in a BETA where none of the ranks are going to be permanently recorded.

Their was also the “blinking screen” glitch, which they fixed during the beta.
Uneven teams were not happening. Josh tweated about that saying that in the whole first day of the beta (correct me if the sample was different), only 7 matches STARTED with uneven teams (out of thousands), but there were people quitting out early so that is probably what you were experiencing.

Long load times are to be expected, and had nothing to do with MM search speed or success rate. the game was far from optimized at that point and the longest load time was starting the actual game, i thought the level load times were ok.

Sure, the first week was slow, but it was fine the last 2 weeks.

For a game in beta nearly a year out from it’s release, it worked plenty fine.

I believe 343 also said that the matchmaking searches ran a specific way as well that may have led to some slower searches. Was it to find better matches based on ranking or skill? I don’t remember, but I think that was also a reason. Still ran pretty well as time progressed though.

Like everyone above me said

they were rarely a little buggy, but it was a beta, and they were still 20 times better than MCC as it is NOW.

> 2533274863266427;9:
> Like everyone above me said

I would also like to say “what they said”.

It ran well for me sure the first week had some issues but that got fixed as the beta went on it ran hell of a lot better than MCC did I had a ton of Fun on the beta I miss the beta it was fun for me and with friends im excited for Halo 5

> 2533274892367695;10:
> they were rarely a little buggy, but it was a beta, and they were still 20 times better than MCC as it is NOW.

Without the sarcasm. For a beta, it was pretty damn good

> 2533274805497312;7:
> For a game in beta nearly a year out from it’s release, it worked plenty fine.

This //
(Personally I found it quite a while to find a match, but it was a Beta so I’m not too concerned.)