Were Mythic Rumble to Become Halo's Gameplay

The seeds having been planted in Halo: Reach and fully grown by the release of Halo 5: Guardians, Halo’s original gameplay and map design have largely been forgotten by the series’ creators. The Halo fanbase left divided, suggestion of a middle ground between both styles of Halo game has been proposed. Seemingly to answer, Mythic Rumble has been introduced as a multiplayer playlist for Halo 5: Guardians.

Ditching all but the Thruster Spartan Ability and with maps more akin to the classics, Mythic Rumble attempts to be the classic Halo experience while still allowing a burst of speed for those who absolutely need it to enjoy the game. And while I view this playlist as a superior experience to the base one, and while I view it as more of a Halo experience than the base one, there’s still a part of me that’s hesitant of accepting it as the potential future direction of the franchise. I feel it’d be a more successful direction for the franchise, but a big part of me still doesn’t like alterations to the core player mechanics.

If Halo Infinite and beyond were to be built with a focus on what Mythic Rumble is built around, and if you want that classic Halo experience back, would that be a compromise you could accept?