Well were all the haters wrong?

I hav’nt played the beta but i’d like to know the feedback about is is it like halo or not other threads are just arguing I actually want opinions not opinions stated as facts.

If you ask me, the beta (so far) has failed to interest me. I plan on playing the rest to give feedback and test it all but if I’m going to say anything about the general gameplay and gunplay, it bores me.

The game itself is fine and the beta functions surprisingly well for being…well…a beta. But it commits a serious crime, it has bland gameplay. The kind of gameplay I experienced with Destiny and Titanfall. Fun for a bit and then it just got old.

Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.

I did a write-up on Halo.bungie.org of you are interested.

http://carnage.bungie.org/haloforum/halo.forum.pl?read=1201383

I am loving it. There a few balance issues, but the overall concept is fantastic thus far.

I like it a lot, reminds me of the good ole original halo multiplayer. I am having a blast with it. I think most people will be pretty happy.

I was a skeptic, but I’ve got no shame in admitting that I was mostly wrong. The game is great. But there is still some things that need addressing (Sprint, button remapping, death music, spawn-in audio)

> 2535425310804235;3:
> Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.

What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.

> 2533274940918627;8:
> > 2535425310804235;3:
> > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
>
>
> What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.

“Pretty much everything.” They weren’t even right about sprint, sprint is very well balanced in Halo 5. People who complain about it now don’t like it mostly because “it doesn’t feel right”.

> 2533274970847727;2:
> If you ask me, the beta (so far) has failed to interest me. I plan on playing the rest to give feedback and test it all but if I’m going to say anything about the general gameplay and gunplay, it bores me.
>
> The game itself is fine and the beta functions surprisingly well for being…well…a beta. But it commits a serious crime, it has bland gameplay. The kind of gameplay I experienced with Destiny and Titanfall. Fun for a bit and then it just got old.

And sadly, this is exactly what it looks like to me.
I’ll play it, but I’m sad that it looks like the tactical, mind-game approach of the first 3 is lost.

> 2533274940918627;8:
> > 2535425310804235;3:
> > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
>
>
> What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.

Wait, since when does the zoom make your fire more accurate? I haven’t seen anything that says this is true.

Idk. All I know is Halo 2 and 3 are my favorite, and I am having an absolute BLAST playing Halo 5. Already leaps beyond Halo 4 and Reach.

> 2764486378423833;11:
> > 2533274940918627;8:
> > > 2535425310804235;3:
> > > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
> >
> >
> >
> > What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.
>
>
> Wait, since when does the zoom make your fire more accurate? I haven’t seen anything that says this is true.

There’s topics in this very forum.

My advice?Watch some matches in twitch mate, this forum is a fanboys war at this moments like H4 times.

For me is meh… For Jesus of All is God on earth…

> 2717573882290994;10:
> > 2533274970847727;2:
> > If you ask me, the beta (so far) has failed to interest me. I plan on playing the rest to give feedback and test it all but if I’m going to say anything about the general gameplay and gunplay, it bores me.
> >
> > The game itself is fine and the beta functions surprisingly well for being…well…a beta. But it commits a serious crime, it has bland gameplay. The kind of gameplay I experienced with Destiny and Titanfall. Fun for a bit and then it just got old.
>
>
> And sadly, this is exactly what it looks like to me.
> I’ll play it, but I’m sad that it looks like the tactical, mind-game approach of the first 3 is lost.

You can still be tactical.

I was in a game with only random players, and there was a small 3v3 skirmish (other two players in the game were off somewhere else), and so I broke away from my team since the other team had the sniper, crouch walked around parts of the map to get behind the other team, and then all of them were dead.

So, just because some people choose not to be tactical doesn’t make this game any less so, and without the ordinance drops or any other terrible idea that 343 came up with during Halo 4, it really makes it feel more like a Halo game.

> 2535425310804235;9:
> > 2533274940918627;8:
> > > 2535425310804235;3:
> > > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
> >
> >
> >
> > What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.
>
>
> “Pretty much everything.” They weren’t even right about sprint, sprint is very well balanced in Halo 5. People who complain about it now don’t like it mostly because “it doesn’t feel right”.

I’ve watched the gameplay, and people are still getting away from making dumb positional plays with sprint and getting away. Its still not balanced.

> 2533274940918627;16:
> > 2535425310804235;9:
> > > 2533274940918627;8:
> > > > 2535425310804235;3:
> > > > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.
> >
> >
> >
> > “Pretty much everything.” They weren’t even right about sprint, sprint is very well balanced in Halo 5. People who complain about it now don’t like it mostly because “it doesn’t feel right”.
>
>
> I’ve watched the gameplay, and people are still getting away from making dumb positional plays with sprint and getting away. Its still not balanced.

Typically they still end up dying soon after since their shields will not be recharging during their sprint.

The base walking speed looks extremely slow to compensate for the offer stuff.
H2A felt so nice because of the fast and FLUENT feel. Moving at a nice speed in ANY direction while still being able to shoot. That’s what Halo is about.

> 2533274818083354;17:
> > 2533274940918627;16:
> > > 2535425310804235;9:
> > > > 2533274940918627;8:
> > > > > 2535425310804235;3:
> > > > > Yes, they were wrong. Pretty much everything they’ve complained about hasn’t panned out.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > What a nonsense post. Sprint still being part of the game, ADS making the spread tighter when we were told that ADS was only going to be cosmetic and there wouldnt be a penalty for hipfire.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > “Pretty much everything.” They weren’t even right about sprint, sprint is very well balanced in Halo 5. People who complain about it now don’t like it mostly because “it doesn’t feel right”.
> >
> >
> >
> > I’ve watched the gameplay, and people are still getting away from making dumb positional plays with sprint and getting away. Its still not balanced.
>
>
> Typically they still end up dying soon after since their shields will not be recharging during their sprint.

I’ve watched streams all weekend, this is not the case.

> 2717573882290994;18:
> The base walking speed looks extremely slow to compensate for the offer stuff.
> H2A felt so nice because of the fast and FLUENT feel. Moving at a nice speed in ANY direction while still being able to shoot. That’s what Halo is about.

Im not 100% sure but think H5 sprint is faster than H4 sprint, add trhust and you have a full “red bull” effect…