Well the mantis trailer proved something.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

It proved that 343 is making halo less halo like, the mantis doesn’t even look likes it belongs in the game, it just isn’t right.
I was already doubting if I was going to buy halo 4(And I know many other people that do so), because of perks and weapon drops and all that -Yoink-, but the new trailer made my decision clear, I’m not going to buy halo 4.
343 you have disappointed me, I thought that you guys would have known better and could have created an original and unique game, instead of that you made a Call of Duty space clone.
Bungie cared about their players, all you care about is profit, since you know that a call of duty clone will sell better then an original game.
Now please note that I’m not just some guy that started playing when halo 3 came out, no.
I grew up playing halo games, I started playing Halo:CE a couple months when I was 6 years old, I played it a lot and also played the -Yoink- out of halo 2, I have over 7000 games on halo 3.
I kind of disliked reach (and so did many halo players) because of the direction it was going, I thought that you guys could turn it back around to the right direction but instead of that you went even farther in the wrong direction.

Now I’m not mad or anything, I’m just disappointed that you ruined the game I grew up with, Oh well I thought I would leave this as a message, maybe people agree with me or something(or disagree go ahead flame me all you want with your comments).

cod space clone really? people will never learn

No offense but was it really necessary to make a post saying that you wont be buying Halo 4? There are tons of things people feel don’t “belong” but that’s completely subjective.

Later Kenny!

> No offense but was it really necessary to make a post saying that you wont be buying Halo 4? There are tons of things people feel don’t “belong” but that’s completely subjective.

I just wanted to voice my opinion, I’m pretty sure that is were forums are used for.

Not sure if trolling or…

Stop lying OP, you’re still going to buy it. Pffft this thread :confused:

> > No offense but was it really necessary to make a post saying that you wont be buying Halo 4? There are tons of things people feel don’t “belong” but that’s completely subjective.
>
> I just wanted to voice my opinion, I’m pretty sure that is were forums are used for.

forums are used to discuss the game not complain that the game isnt too your liking and say that your not buying the game. Think about how it would be if every single forum member decided to make a thread about why or why not they are buying it

Sorry you feel this way. I think it’s a cool addition to the game. I play a lot of BTB and can’t wait to run around in one.

Meh, I read the books, and true I only started playing Halo since Halo 3, but I’ve been playing every one since and the Mantis got me excited for Halo 4.

> > > No offense but was it really necessary to make a post saying that you wont be buying Halo 4? There are tons of things people feel don’t “belong” but that’s completely subjective.
> >
> > I just wanted to voice my opinion, I’m pretty sure that is were forums are used for.
>
> forums are used to discuss the game not complain that the game isnt too your liking and say that your not buying the game. Think about how it would be if every single forum member decided to make a thread about why or why not they are buying it

Beat me to it but exactly this.

“Forum: A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.”

> > > No offense but was it really necessary to make a post saying that you wont be buying Halo 4? There are tons of things people feel don’t “belong” but that’s completely subjective.
> >
> > I just wanted to voice my opinion, I’m pretty sure that is were forums are used for.
>
> forums are used to discuss the game not complain that the game isnt too your liking and say that your not buying the game. Think about how it would be if every single forum member decided to make a thread about why or why not they are buying it

I second this

Blah blah blah blah… it’s not “Halo”, it’s “COD”, it’s unoriginal etc etc.

That’s all you guys sound like, they aren’t remaking H:CE, 2 or 3. Get the -Yoink- over yourselves and just see if you’ll enjoy the -Yoink!- game, instead of revering this concept of “Halo” that never truly existed :frowning:

This isn’t the first time mechs have appeared in the halo universe, so to say it doesn’t look like halo is a bit silly in my opinion.

On top of that, the Mjolnir armor is arguably a mech suit (in a sense) in the first place. It’s not just armor, it augments strength, provides their shield and all that stuff.

As someone who has also played halo since the beginning and is a huge fan,

Your loss dude.

I grew up with CE when it was released and i have no problem with a Metal Gear in my Halo. Look on the brightside; it’s just another tool to prove dominance and e peen when you inevitably hold the objective/Spawn trap the other team (you cannot tell me you are a CE player and be against these two tactics).

> I grew up with CE when it was released and i have no problem with a Metal Gear in my Halo. Look on the brightside; it’s just another tool to prove dominance and e peen when you inevitably hold the objective/Spawn trap the other team (you cannot tell me you are a CE player and be against these two tactics).

I’m a CE player and against those tactics. when it’s happening to me :smiley:

Yuuuuup. There are so many mechs in CoD. CoD is LITTERED with mechs. More mechs than I can count.

There’s never been mechs in Halo.

Excluding:

the canonical prototype Mjolnir armor series from Mark I to Mark III,

Halo Wars,

Halo Legends,

and the dozens of other extended universe pieces and concept art drawings.

THERE AREN’T EVEN VEHICLES IN CALL OF DUTY.

I agree to some extent.

I find the Mantis to be a rather dumb and redundant vehicle.

The thing was killing tanks, warthogs, banshees, etc with critical hits.

It reminded me of the prototype armor Ackerson built. Ygrasil I think. We had similar robot “suits” all the way from mark 1-3. Its definetly halo

Well, I rather not play the same game I played so and so years ago, thank you very much.

I think the changes are great, AND are setting it away from the crowd.