Well, looks like 343 wasted their time with CEA...

A random open-source modding team just blew their remake out the water.

Link to original topic from Bungie.net

I wouldn’t go as far as 343 wasting their time on CEA, but wow, that looks amazing.

> A random open-source modding team just blew their remake out the water.
>
>
>
> Link to original topic from Bungie.net

Implying every halo fan hates “The latest game”.

CEA was meant to be exactly like CE because fans hate change because it ruins the original experience.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from using offensive language.

Makes me wish i owned Halo Ce on PC. I’d probably end up with Microsoft’s lawyer teams busting down my door if i tried to mod my Xbox copy to run this.

> A random open-source modding team just blew their remake out the water.
>
>
>
> Link to original topic from Bungie.net

They did a really good job! But better?? Naaahh…lightning, assault rifle and plasma pistol charge/release animation looks way better than in CEA, but the rest of it is nothing compared to CEA. [Ugly new weapons, brutes (wtf in h1) and other models (okay i like h1 elites) and textures.]

I mean… its not bad, playing it would be fun for sure :wink:

Looks cool but no.

CEA>That mod

Is this a Halo: Custom Edition Mod? Looks amazing, though.

First of all this is not a “random modding team” its CMT (custom mapping team).

they are a group of modders who have been working on the Halo PC version for years. This is their third remake of the campaign. im sick of stupid people saying across many different forums,

“look what these modders did, 343 needs to lift its game”

Because that is absolute bull crap, the modding team did an amazing job, but thats because so many assets and textures and all kinds of equipment is readily available to them through a community website. they did create a lot of it themselves as well however. with CEA the had a handful of things from reach and that was it. They also had voice recording to do, meld two engines together and create it as a industry standard with Xbox live
co-op.

be grateful.

/rant

Well that was stunning. They actually reworked the models (enemies, weapons) and not just replaced nearly everything they had with Reachs stuff.

> CEA>That mod

THAT lazy mod, yes. First they said “everything you see in the current videos are just placeholders, like the marines and Hogs”. And suddenly it was in the final game.

CEA was milking at it’s finest. Little effort. Even the reworked Soundatrack sucks.

Holy Crap! That was frisking amazing. Now my CEA feels lame :frowning:

> Looks cool but no.
>
> CEA>That mod

This.

I played both the CMT campaigns and while they were fun, the sandbox just isn’t wel thought out. Lots of useless weapons and stuff. Also, the Brutes and new BSP’s in SPv2 were horrible.

A… Yeah pretty much, how about you buy the mod from them make it work for xbox and polish the crap out of it and say that CEA is the classic here is the new improved version

> A… Yeah pretty much, how about you buy the mod from them make it work for xbox and polish the crap out of it and say that CEA is the classic here is the new improved version

Impossible. If 343 wants to ‘buy the mod’ from these guys to make It work on the Xbox, they would have to go back and develop another edition of ‘Halo: Anniversary’ with the Polished graphics as seen in that video.

Looks great but it doesn’t look better then CEA

Hardly, these guys will have spent years on this modification, considering they are trying to turn the game into more of a Halo game mix-up, not a Halo CEA copy for PC, it doesn’t count to me.

Sabre Interactive, Certain Affinity & 343 Industries spent about one year on CEA with the push for the Nov 15th release, these guys don’t ever have to stop developing.

It’s kinda like Halo 2… and I love it.

> Looks great but it doesn’t look better then CEA

This.
It looks cool and all but you can’t compare it to CEA and also they’ve changed to much stuff and brought in things from other games to which I don’t like.

great video, but they did Not waste their time at all. They should hire those individuals though.

I was blown away from the job they pulled for CEA, and Brutes in Halo 1? Cmon man at least CEA is the original, not a mish mash of every game put together. BR would make it way too easy. I’m perfectly fine with the assault rifle being utterly useless on legendary in CEA, I don’t want an overpowered human weapon to take its place. Like the skull in CEA which gives essentially more ammo, bandana right? I won’t be using that unless I go for LASO.

CEA is great as it is, it’s graphics look like a sup’d up version of the originals’ without all the code changing. If I wanted to use the other weapons with similar graphics I’d play Halo 3.

Not wasted but that looks amazing