Well, I've come to that realization.....

I used to be so adamant about defending 343i and Halo 4. But, recent changes have just…changed my perspective.

I’m going to be called names, hated, called a crybaby, a fanboy, “ur stats are teh suck!”, whatever. But, I feel it’s time to speak my mind.

I LOVED Halo 4, with the exception of the Boltshot (I guess) Halo 4 was near perfect upon release.

In the past, I’ve said “franchises need to evolve” and I feel Halo 4 has done so greatly, 343i has done a fantastic job with Halo 4’s story and “evolving” it’s Multiplayer.

However, there is a point where you’ve done too much.

The DMR is near useless in comparison to the BR.
Why put Slayer Pro in Big Team?
The AR is…OP. And rarely do I EVER say anything is OP.

I appreciate that 343i is finally “attempting” to bring more people back with the Champions Bundle with the Mk. V, ODST and Forerunner Armors, Weapon Skins and “The Pit”, but I feel it won’t be enough.

I know for a fact any who read this will be rolling their eyes at this point; “another one of these threads?”, but trust me, I’ve been banned from these forums quite a few times for sticking up for 343.

I don’t know. If and when 343i makes Halo 2: Anniversary (there were some hints at RTX 2013 and some domain names registered) they’ll keep with the Original Multiplayer, not just reskinned maps with H4’s MP.

343i says they’ve learned from their mistakes and will “try to do better with Halo (5).”

But, we’ll see.

Hmmm I some what agree I guess but I’m not sure why, I cannot for the life of me put my finger on it.

I am an avid Halo player/fan reading all the books, comics, movies etc etc and Ive played every Halo game to death but something stopped me playing Halo 4 and I think you hit the nail on the head.

After hearing about the champions pack I have since put Halo 4 back in the Xbox and giving it another shot, haven’t played much since all the updates so will see how it goes I guess.

How is the AR OP?

pro is in big team because you can actually drive a vehicle without getting EMPd or hit by one of the thousand PWs, and to add evolution isnt splicing unbalanced and untested features from other games, namely perks and ODs.

> How is the AR OP?

it isn’t and the dmr is great at its intended range.
Knowing the Halo community, he’s probably refusing to use autos, getting his -Yoink- handled at close range, and then blameing his failure on the weapon balance instead of being flexeble.
No offence Op, but 90% of the time this is exactly the case.

> getting his -Yoink!- handled at close range

O_o

I think you meant handed to him.

OT: I don’t see what this argument is about. At launch, Halo 4 was a pile of excrement. Now, it is nigh on 9/10.

  1. The DMR is fine now. It’s the Jack Of All Trades (JOAT), and the JOAT is good at everything, but best at nothing. It also has high levels of aim assist and bullet magnetism in comparison to the LR (lowest), BR, and Carbine.

  2. Why put Slayer Pro into BTIS? Hmm…maybe to give vehicles a chance in the -Yoink!-festival that is Halo 4 Infinity. Not only that, it feels so much more…right as a Halo gametype.

  3. The AR? OP? laughs, wipes tear from eye

  4. Evolving a franchise doesn’t mean stealing from other popular games.

Tac/Support Packs-Perks (CoD)-Abilities and Skills (WoW)

Ordnance Drops (Personal)-Killstreaks (Carepackage)(CoD)

Custom Loadout System-Create A Class (CoD), Loadout (BF), Loadout (Crysis)

Spawning With 1SK Weapon-CoD, BF, EVERY GAME EXCEPT HALO

Do you see? The best innovations in '4 were:

Extraction (Late into MM even though it was the best launchtype)
LightRifle (Good, Skilled Weapon, best since CE)
HUD Other than weapon markers (In my opinion)

The DMR is not useless. You just shouldn’t be using it outside of BTB. It is a BTB weapon. And it will dominate the BR on Ragnarok any day of the week. The BR and Carbine are specifically tailored for 4v4 games, if you’re using the DMR (or Light Rifle) in 4v4, you’re just ASKING to get dominated.

“Big Team Slayer” (Slayer Pro with Motion Trackers), is a NECESSITY in Big Team. Plasma Grenades, Active Camo, Plasma Pistols, and Personal Ordinance utterly ruin it. If anything, Infinity Big Team Slayer needs to disappear completely, for just regular BTB.

The AR is not OP. It does exactly what it’s supposed to do, beat BRs at close range, and DMR’s mid-close range. If you want it to be completely useless again that’s your prerogative, but just because it’s actually on par with the BR and DMR for once, doesn’t mean it’s OP.

> pro is in big team because you can actually drive a vehicle without getting EMPd or hit by one of the thousand PWs, and to add evolution isnt splicing unbalanced and untested features from other games, namely perks and ODs.

i recall you said that the only effective way to take out a mantis is with a plasma pistol and a laser, so what are we gonna do now?

> > pro is in big team because you can actually drive a vehicle without getting EMPd or hit by one of the thousand PWs, and to add evolution isnt splicing unbalanced and untested features from other games, namely perks and ODs.
>
> i recall you said that the only effective way to take out a mantis is with a plasma pistol and a laser, so what are we gonna do now?

iCannon on-map, Plasma Pistol IN CARBINE LOADOUT (invalidates your point), power weapons on map.

> > pro is in big team because you can actually drive a vehicle without getting EMPd or hit by one of the thousand PWs, and to add evolution isnt splicing unbalanced and untested features from other games, namely perks and ODs.
>
> i recall you said that the only effective way to take out a mantis is with a plasma pistol and a laser, so what are we gonna do now?

This might surprise you, but there are:

  1. Laser pickups on the map.

  2. Plasma Pistol pickups on the map.

  3. Vehicles on the map.

  4. The ability to rush the Mantis as a team as opposed to one at a time.

> The DMR is near useless in comparison to the BR.
> Why put Slayer Pro in Big Team?
> The AR is…OP. And rarely do I EVER say anything is OP.

Dear sweet unholy zombie jesus are we really going through this yet again?
The DMR was the go to god gun of halo 4 before the update it smashed anything at any range and this was detrimental to the game play
The weapon tuning restored the BR back to a 4sk

I’m going to repeat that and highlight a few sections for you:

The weapon tuning <mark>restored</mark> the BR <mark>back to a 4sk</mark>
The weapon tuning put weapons back into their niche where they belonged
If you think the DMR is useless compared to the BR its because you are not using the DMR in its intended role an overall utility rifle that is a jack of all trades but master of none long range precision rifle
The DMR is not meant to be able to challenge the BR and CC at mid-long range its a long range rifle

Again I am going to repeat that and highlight a few bits for you

The <mark>DMR</mark> is <mark>not meant to be able to challenge the BR and CC at close-mid range</mark> its a <mark>long range rifle</mark>

Are we finally clear on this?

Slayer Pro is in big team because it is actually decent settings which balance this horrifically unbalanced game by removing personal ordnance and removing PP and PG from loadouts making vehicle combat relevant again you know how BtB is meant to be

The AR is far from OP, it received a damage buff and a slight range buff while receiving a 50% reduction in aim assist
In the hands of a good user who uses it properly, yes it is deadly but if you can’t aim for shiza you will suck with it because the game doesn’t aim it for you anymore

> I appreciate that 343i is finally “attempting” to bring more people back with the Champions Bundle with the Mk. V, ODST and Forerunner Armors, Weapon Skins and “The Pit”, but I feel it won’t be enough.

You’re right it won’t be enough, but the weapon tuning Pro slayer settings and legendary slayer are at least glimmer of hope that H5 can be something worth playing

> I don’t know. If and when 343i makes Halo 2: Anniversary (there were some hints at RTX 2013 and some domain names registered) they’ll keep with the Original Multiplayer, not just reskinned maps with H4’s MP.
>
> 343i says they’ve learned from their mistakes and will “try to do better with Halo (5).”
>
> But, we’ll see.

If you don’t like the current state of weapons in H4 you will absolutely hate H2 multiplayer, just throwing that out there, and 343i admittedly has begun to learn from their mistakes

I have been a very big advocate of 343i messing up halo for a number of reasons in a multitude of ways, however the weapon tuning pro settings in infinity slayer and in BtB and now legendary slayer gives me a slight hope to hang onto that H5 will return halo to its former glory

Sorry OP, but I think you’re in the minority. Honestly, relative to other games in their respective generations, I thought Halo 4 was the worst upon launch. They’ve made it better with the Weapons Tuning update and the release of Legendary Slayer, but honestly, a significant majority of players did not like 343i’s additions or changes.

Don’t mean to come off as an -Yoink- but this post really made me laugh.

The DMR is still far better then the BR at range and given to an accurate person could still destroy the BR at medium.

The AR is not OP. It’s useful now. It actually wins in it’s intended range now against precision weapons. If you’re constantly being beaten by an AR especially considering it got it’s aim assist cut in half then either you’re sucking at strafing or the guy is just plain better then you.

The DMR inst useless at all, it fills that gap between the BRs medium range and the snipers long range.

I feel the AR is more powerfull than it was in past games, but its not OP, its got just the right balance. It was slightly underpowered in other games (Reach especially).

Is anyone else annoyed that people are starting to ragequit because the game is balanced now and has Classic?

I just don’t understand.

DMR is still my weapon of choice.

Aim for the head…

Can’t please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

> > pro is in big team because you can actually drive a vehicle without getting EMPd or hit by one of the thousand PWs, and to add evolution isnt splicing unbalanced and untested features from other games, namely perks and ODs.
>
> i recall you said that the only effective way to take out a mantis is with a plasma pistol and a laser, so what are we gonna do now?

Carbine Loadout says hi

> Is anyone else annoyed that people are starting to ragequit because the game is balanced now and has Classic?
>
> I just don’t understand.

I know right? I just don’t get it.

On Topic: OP, the DMR isn’t useless. Use it for long range and it will dominate everything. The AR isn’t overpowered either. If you’re in close range and your opponent has an AR and you don’t, move to medium or far range or don’t engage at all.

Each weapon in Halo has its intended purposes and characteristics. You need to learn them all to be effective.

> > > How is the AR OP?
> >
> > Knowing the Halo community, he’s probably refusing to use autos, getting his -Yoink!- handled at close range, and then blameing his failure on the weapon balance instead of being flexeble.
> > No offence Op, but 90% of the time this is exactly the case.
>
> “Getting handled by autos” would make more sense if they actually took the slightest amount of skill to use or actually required the user to know how to aim in the first place.

They do. The weapon tuning update significantly decreased their aim assist, requiring the user to have a much more steady aim in order to hit their target.