Well its nice to know Cortana dies in Halo 4.

Thanks Frankie and 343i for the spoiler of Cortana dying in Halo 4.

Its like Reach all over again!!!

and when does franky say this?

Shes becoming rampant, shes not dying. stop making assumptions…

She will reach the end of her healthy lifespan in Halo 4. She will start to go mad with all the information she has absorbed. She will do things out of her comfort zone. Just imagine 343 GS and how in the HCEA trailers he started to become “rampant” and do things out of protocol.

If she were to die( which I wouldnt want) it would be better off in Halo 6.

Stop misappropriating info when it comes along.

She’s dying in Halo 4 not going to be dead. Smart Ai tend to have a lifespan of 7 years then they pretty much short circuit and they break down either destroying themselves or those around them. However there is MetaStability which is when the Ai can become Sentient a true person if you will. Cortana is no ordinary Ai she is based on the brain of Dr Halsey and has had much more experiences then that of a normal Ai, such as being put into The Control Room and High Charity for instance. Who knows what impact this could have on Cortana.

He never said that dude

> Thanks Frankie and 343i for the spoiler of Cortana dying in Halo 4.
>
>
> Its like Reach all over again!!!

frankie didnt say that and you know he didnt say that, but the end of halo 6 yes highly possible

The problem with Rampancy is that the writers use it as an umbrella term for pretty much every AI-related problem. It’s implied that the Gravemind enforced Rampancy on Mendicant Bias, which doesn’t really make sense to me.

Before, it just to refer to a process with the sadness, anger and jealousy stages. The jealousy stage is the one most likely to kill an AI. They become obsessed with increasing their knowledge, but doing so causes them to develope feedback loops and corrupt themselves unless they can access a larger data network to support them. THey’ll live as long as the network supports them.

But, then there’s Meta-stability; where an AI becomes a full personality rather than a programmed intelligence.

Take notes kids, you’ll be tested on November 6.

Rule 1 of the internet: If you claim something, post valid sources.

The Rise And Fall Of Cortana In Halo 4.

Watch the video. Stop being so blind to the fact.

> Thanks Frankie and 343i for the spoiler of Cortana dying in Halo 4.
>
>
> Its like Reach all over again!!!

frankie did not say cortana would die in the video, he just indicated that she was starting to deal with rampancy. And this was not news.

> The Rise And Fall Of Cortana In Halo 4.
>
> Watch the video. Stop being so blind to the fact.

There’s nothing to be blind about. Frank never made a definite statement about her death. He did, however, mention rampancy, and I quote, “what do they do to either embrace it or prevent it? depending on what we do with the story…” All that was stated was that Cortana will enter rampancy and hopefully chief, with the aid of Forrunner technology will be able to prevent it.

We do know now that the woman acting out the motions in the vidoc will be the body and facial expressions of Cortana

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

OP is SMRT durrrr.

nice going op. now a bunch of idiots will think its true. clearly its not.

The sheer stupidity I see roaming around these days.

as many people have pointed out already frankie never said she would die in halo 4
and besides it wouldnt make sense to the story to have 2 more games after that without her

> The Rise And Fall Of Cortana In Halo 4.
>
> Watch the video. Stop being so blind to the fact.

He also say that he life span was prolonged Did you miss that Fact
Its a natural Part of halo AI’s and people have had theories about this since the first found out about halo 4 Shes not going to Die in halo 4 But shes “dieing” and going crazy

THANKS YOU NOW FOR SPOILING IT FOR ME!

Goddammit man. I didn’t read anything about campaign since that GI article and it weren’t really any spoilers there. But you just ruined a big part of the story for me.

Oh wait, it isn’t true, isn’t it?

Dying =/= Dies

Ok he did not say this she is just dying and may not actually die just quite yet. It’s ok to make assumptions but why start complaining before the game comes out. I know I have done this with the multiplayer but I’m starting to ease up on it. I want 343 to do it right simply because I love Halo and don’t want the series to fall apart but we have to just wait, play the game and if u don’t like it then you can bi*ch about it simple as that.

> The Rise And Fall Of Cortana In Halo 4.
>
> Watch the video. Stop being so blind to the fact.

You’re not making this better for yourself…