Well, I'm giving it a week

Ok, I get this is called a Beta, but let’s be honest, it’s not. It’s rushed, it’s Halo 5 2.0. Gameplay is good, but the game itself is more focused on Microtransactions and is missing a TON of staple gametypes, not to mention the challenge system is BARELY functional and we’re less than a month out from launch?! Honestly at this rate I’ll stick to MCC, stop by Infinite for the Fracture Events, then bail out back to MCC until Infinite Forge launches.

This is unacceptable on so many different levels it’s not even funny.

EDIT: To clarify, I’m giving Infinite 1 week of playtime myself, before I decide whether to bail or stick around.

At this point in time I can’t even enjoy custom games so I’m real close to “bail”.

5 Likes

Can’t enjoy customs bc no Forge? Or is there something else I’m missing there?
Anyway, I can’t blame you. A week is honestly more than most will give it, I fear. I think people are going to burn out immediately, some will return on the 8th to see if they’ve fixed the glaring issues - I find it unlikely that they will be fixed - and then they will bail on the game entirely. This progression system is going to gouge the playerbase before the game ever gets off the ground.

That’s 5 days longer than I’ve given it so good on you. Back to MCC I guess.

1 Like

I agree I’m playing on the Xbox One x let alone the aim assist control still crazy just not right. Getting crapped on by PC players on their 120 frames per second 60% accuracy. Having any customization locked behind a paywall is really frustrating. You load up the game to look at lock stuff and then you play games constantly just to stare at a basic Spartan. And then when you do unlock stuff from the battle pass. Your friends that you been playing with probably unlocked at the same time you did so you’re all wearing the same thing so what’s changed. My thinking is maybe you can still unlock armor through campaign like the good old days but knowing 343 unwillingness to give us any real control of customisation IE Halo 4 and Halo 5. It just blows my mind.

No I can’t enjoy customs because every time I load up my SWAT game type the game just crashes me out to the Xbox Dashboard.

Halo 4 had plenty of customization freedom tho.

Remember back in like June or July when one half of the fanbase was saying it was going launch bare bones and full of microtransactions and the other half of the fanbase was calling them crazy for thinking that?

Good times. Good times.

3 Likes

That’s probably because most of the fanbase didn’t know the MCC team was entirely separate from the Infinite team for the longest time. The MCC team got people to trust 343 again, the Infinite team has pretty much shattered that trust.

1 Like

I thought that at first, but it’s not. ADS doesn’t change weapons, there’s no thurster for everyone, sprint isn’t mandatory, etc…

I’m just waiting to play the campaign to decide whether or not the game is good.

I’m not talking about the mechanics of Halo 5, I’m talking about the stability and monetization of H5.

Halo 5 had nothing but loot boxes though. this is a completely different system, for a free to play game. Like yes be angry about not having staple game modes at launch, but many of your gripes arent event comparible to H5