Well done 343I, but now?

Well, in 1 Month you have improved Halo. Well, Halo 4, Halo: CEA, a Tu for Reach, who couldn’t be happy?
But now, we know that we will play Halo: Reach until November/Dicember 2012. My question is…
How will Reach “fight” the competition of games like Gears of War (Example: GoW 3), new Battlefield (Battlefield 3), new CoD (Modern Warfare 3), and other games?
If Reach will be an awesome game, but no one will play it, you, 343, will fail. I hope to see something to bring back the population or to attract new players, via Marketing or whatever you want.

I think Reach will still have an stable population after those games are released.

It’s the #3 most played game on Xbox LIVE; it doesn’t need to fight to earn its keep yet. And I suspect that come November, Anniversary will do a fine job of sucking people back into Reach from other holiday season games. But inevitably, 2012 will see Reach’s core players playing it primarily. It has to decline sometime.

> I think Reach will still have an stable population after those games are released.

That’s obvious, until a new release. Or at least I hope so.

Reach will decline in population come the holiday season unless Anniversary delivers a truly unique and “Throwback” experience that Halo fans are looking for. If they just continue along the Reach lines of gameplay, then we’ll see a tiny influx of users, but then they will leave as soon as they see that the multiplayer is the same that they bought when Reach got released.

They need to fundamentally change the way Reach is played if they want to keep those new members.

> Reach will decline in population come the holiday season unless Anniversary delivers a truly unique and “Throwback” experience that Halo fans are looking for. If they just continue along the Reach lines of gameplay, then we’ll see a tiny influx of users, but then they will leave as soon as they see that the multiplayer is the same that they bought when Reach got released.
>
> They need to fundamentally change the way Reach is played if they want to keep those new members.

All what I’d want is just 100.000 + players at night. That’s enough.

Remember how when Halo 3 also showed the current number of people playing instead of past 24 hours? Halo 3 had 300,000 people playing at anytime of the day for the first two years, and it had 200,000 playing at any part of the day on the third year. Halo Reach barely makes it to 150,000 at any time of the day, and it isn’t even a year old yet. I want to see Reach have the population on right now that Halo 3 did at this time after release.

> Remember how when Halo 3 also showed the current number of people playing instead of past 24 hours? Halo 3 had 300,000 people playing at anytime of the day for the first two years, and it had 200,000 playing at any part of the day on the third year. Halo Reach barely makes it to 150,000 at any time of the day, and it isn’t even a year old yet. I want to see Reach have the population on right now that Halo 3 did at this time after release.

Seriously I don’t think that it’s possible. Microsoft, can you do do this with Marketing? Lol.

I heard they were adding Colour Effects to Armour Lock? is this true, great news if it is!!

What Reach Title Update? How can you say they improved halo by games that aren’t even out yet?

Halo always has a solid player base. Maybe not as big as Call of Duty, but it’s very stable.

> Halo always has a solid player base. Maybe not as big as Call of Duty, but it’s very stable.

I know… but can it “fight” against new games and causal players playing those games?

Ok. Right now the population for 24h is 700.000 players.
After the holiday it should be 550.000 - 600.000. Then, 4 big releases and Halo CEA. What should happen?

A lot of old Halo fans, hopefully, will get CEA. This should keep the playerbase somewhat steady if they happen to take a look at “7 of the greatest multiplayer maps of all time”. Then, comes Halo 4. Hard core Halo fans will get it and little kids who like the shiny colors of Forerunner structures will get it (considering their parents opinions). Hoping the multiplayer and campaign is good if not better than past games, the numbers of players on Halo will erupt. This is all theory right now, as long as 343 doesn’t utterly fail. (No pressure, 343i)

to be honest each and every noob should get out of Gears of war 3 and go play CEA, so we have a stable multiplayer and Gears 3 is a little more noob free

> to be honest each and every noob should get out of Gears of war 3 and go play CEA, so we have a stable multiplayer and Gears 3 is a little more noob free

But there’s already way to many noobs in reach if we get any more it might not be worth playing online as I usually have a bulk of them on my team.