Well 343 has heard your words about forge textures

Stumbled on this on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3s1gft/everybody_needs_to_calm_down_about_343s_art/

With a link to this

https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=1&so=&rw=16&jid=200111&jlang=EN&pp=SS

Looks like 343I is in the middle of hiring texture artist to make for even more cosmeticly pleasing forge pieces.

Can we celebrate and be friends again. 343I is really trying to make this game perfect for you all

Woah, I wouldn’t expect any company to listen to that small of an issue.

Kudos, 343.

> 2533274812698627;2:
> Woah, I wouldn’t expect any company to listen to that small of an issue.
>
> Kudos, 343.

Yep. Maybe word can get around and we won’t see 30 post about the bland textures that the Forge BTB maps (which are not counting as actual dlc people) a day popping up

We could tell from the get-go 343 were listening. I really, really respect 343 now.

> 2533274803137071;1:
> Stumbled on this on Reddit
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/3s1gft/everybody_needs_to_calm_down_about_343s_art/
>
> With a link to this
>
> https://careers.microsoft.com/jobdetails.aspx?ss=&pg=1&so=&rw=16&jid=200111&jlang=EN&pp=SS
>
> Looks like 343I is in the middle of hiring texture artist to make for even more cosmeticly pleasing forge pieces.
>
> Can we celebrate and be friends again. 343I is really trying to make this game perfect for you all

Hurray! There’ll be more textures and colours to build in Forge with!

It’s not that I don’t like the current textures and colours (from what I saw in Orion)… but something like Plaza would be nice. It had some nice colours. (And seeing the typical white of the UNSC gets really bland over time.)

Yay

> 2533274803137071;3:
> > 2533274812698627;2:
> > Woah, I wouldn’t expect any company to listen to that small of an issue.
> >
> > Kudos, 343.
>
>
> Yep. Maybe word can get around and we won’t see 30 post about the bland textures that the Forge BTB maps (which are not counting as actual dlc people) a day popping up

Where did you hear that it won’t be part of the free DLC?

> 2533274857577417;7:
> > 2533274803137071;3:
> > > 2533274812698627;2:
> > > Woah, I wouldn’t expect any company to listen to that small of an issue.
> > >
> > > Kudos, 343.
> >
> >
> > Yep. Maybe word can get around and we won’t see 30 post about the bland textures that the Forge BTB maps (which are not counting as actual dlc people) a day popping up
>
>
> Where did you hear that it won’t be part of the free DLC?

Free DLC will be coming next year.

Besides, this isn’t actually DLC since all the pieces and environments used to create these in Forge already are on the disc.

The thing that annoys me is its not a hard thing to put texture options in for the forge at the start… have a bit in the colour section for the piece and have concrete (H2A style), Covi, Forerunner, UNSC, Brick?, Metal?, Ancient ruin (Halo 3 Sandtrap/Sandbox style)
Its really not hard… this is something all forgers have been asking for for years, it shoulda been decided on before forge was even started to be built and shoulda been one of the first things they did when making forge! Fingers crossed soon-ish we will have more pallet textures…

> 2533274812624078;9:
> The thing that annoys me is its not a hard thing to put texture options in for the forge at the start… have a bit in the colour section for the piece and have concrete (H2A style), Covi, Forerunner, UNSC, Brick?, Metal?, Ancient ruin (Halo 3 Sandtrap/Sandbox style)
> Its really not hard… this is something all forgers have been asking for for years, it shoulda been decided on before forge was even started to be built and shoulda been one of the first things they did when making forge! Fingers crossed soon-ish we will have more pallet textures…

Well forge isn’t even out yet to the public. And it’s coming and I don’t have to pay a dime. And that is all the matters.

They can do this but they cant add firefight? Cute

Good, now I want them to say something about AI’s

Well too bad! This is the Internet, people will find what to piss and moan in no time, just watch. “Waahhhh waahhhh I wanted an exact carbon copy of halo 2 and for it to take me back to 2005 and a free monthly bj, if not the game is garbo and 343 sucks waaaaahhhhhhhh”

Just trying to understand this: So what this shows us is that 343i is just now, a little bit after launch of their base game, hiring people to work on textures when this game has been in development for over 3 years… That honestly baffles me.

> 2535442610755361;4:
> We could tell from the get-go 343 were listening. I really, really respect 343 now.

Nice to hear 343 are listening. I wish they would make a deal about it though, had to dive into the forums to find this! If they made a video each week basiclly explaining what they have been hearing from us and what they are planning on doing in the future with our feedback i would appreciate it more and feel like they are really listening!

> 2533274819939761;14:
> Just trying to understand this: So what this shows us is that 343i is just now, a little bit after launch of their base game, hiring people to work on textures when this game has been in development for over 3 years… That honestly baffles me.

They were working on the Core mechanics and stable launch. And Honestly. The Core mechanics are far more important.

But hey. If you think you can run a company like 343I, stay in budget, on schedule, and make a reliable and stable product that the masses enjoy. Go do it. Show us how it is all done.

> 2533274832649822;16:
> Nice to hear 343 are listening. I wish they would make a deal about it though, had to dive into the forums to find this! If they made a video each week basiclly explaining what they have been hearing from us and what they are planning on doing in the future with our feedback i would appreciate it more and feel like they are really listening!

Uhmmm they do. Here

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/community/blog-postsAt least once or twice a week

> 2533274810567032;11:
> They can do this but they cant add firefight? Cute

Textures. Small team of graphic artist

Firefight - medium to large team of map makers, artists, graphics designers, AI programmers, software programmers. Etc

Sure cute

> 2533274803137071;17:
> > 2533274819939761;14:
> > Just trying to understand this: So what this shows us is that 343i is just now, a little bit after launch of their base game, hiring people to work on textures when this game has been in development for over 3 years… That honestly baffles me.
>
>
> They were working on the Core mechanics and stable launch. And Honestly. The Core mechanics are far more important.
>
> But hey. If you think you can run a company like 343I, stay in budget, on schedule, and make a reliable and stable product that the masses enjoy. Go do it. Show us how it is all done.

So wait, you don’t think it’s important to have all aspects of the game completed by launch? Or at the very least have a full team hired in order to make the game you’ve been budgeted to make, textures and all? I guess we differ on that. As for the “make your own game” response? Give me the budget Microsoft gives 343i and I will “show you how it’s done”.