Welcome (back) to Halo Wars! Post Time-Saver

I’d like to save everyone some time and address 3 of the inevitable comments and posts I expect to pop up in the next week:

#1) “This Game is Still Dead” or "Good to See This Game Back From the Dead"
Either way, both are wrong. I’ve been playing this game since 2009, straight through until today. At no point, during any time of day, can you not find a match in 1v1 or 3v3. And yes during off-hours some playlist populations drop off the table, but that is not unlike Halo FPS games at odd hours of the day.

#2) “The Matchmaking is Broken, I Play Too Many Generals” or "Matchmaking Teams Are Unbalanced"
As the title says, “welcome to Halo Wars”! There have never been enough good players to balance out all the terrible players. So yes, when a good player is searching for a game, the system is not going to make them wait 5-20 minutes for someone their skill, matchmaking is simply going to throw them in a game. Additionally the “general” ranks and all other ranks are a measure of time spent playing the game and rarely correlate to skill.

#3 “All People Do is Rush” or "This Game is Still All About Rushing"
Yes. If you have ever built a unit, and then used that unit to attack, and then by attacking you ended up killing your opponent’s army and base, you are a rusher. Basically if you have ever won a game of Halo Wars you have rushed someone. That would be somewhere between 99.90% and 99.99% of anyone who has ever played this game. That’s how the game was played, and that’s how the game is played. In other breaking news, the sky is still blue and water is still wet.

> 2533274808472678;1:
> I’d like to save everyone some time and address 3 of the inevitable comments and posts I expect to pop up in the next week:
>
> #1) “This Game is Still Dead” or "Good to See This Game Back From the Dead"
> Either way, both are wrong. I’ve been playing this game since 2009, straight through until today. At no point, during any time of day, can you not find a match in 1v1 or 3v3. And yes during off-hours some playlist populations drop off the table, but that is not unlike Halo FPS games at odd hours of the day.
>
> #2) “The Matchmaking is Broken, I Play Too Many Generals” or "Matchmaking Teams Are Unbalanced"
> As the title says, “welcome to Halo Wars”! There have never been enough good players to balance out all the terrible players. So yes, when a good player is searching for a game, the system is not going to make them wait 5-20 minutes for someone their skill, matchmaking is simply going to throw them in a game. Additionally the “general” ranks and all other ranks are a measure of time spent playing the game and rarely correlate to skill.
>
> #3 “All People Do is Rush” or "This Game is Still All About Rushing"
> Yes. If you have ever built a unit, and then used that unit to attack, and then by attacking you ended up killing your opponent’s army and base, you are a rusher. Basically if you have ever won a game of Halo Wars you have rushed someone. That would be somewhere between 99.90% and 99.99% of anyone who has ever played this game. That’s how the game was played, and that’s how the game is played. In other breaking news, the sky is still blue and water is still wet.

About the its dead thing i found a game at 2 AM in the morning and there was no Ping lag only FPS because like 90 units in one place.

I agree with 1 & 2. However on #3, rushing IMO is within 5 min you are at the opponents base trying to kill them. There are a some rushers that still play, few good ones. Work on scouting and know tendencies of heroes to counter a rush.

> 2533274808472678;1:
> I’d like to save everyone some time and address 3 of the inevitable comments and posts I expect to pop up in the next week:
>
> #1) “This Game is Still Dead” or "Good to See This Game Back From the Dead"
> Either way, both are wrong. I’ve been playing this game since 2009, straight through until today. At no point, during any time of day, can you not find a match in 1v1 or 3v3. And yes during off-hours some playlist populations drop off the table, but that is not unlike Halo FPS games at odd hours of the day.
>
> #2) “The Matchmaking is Broken, I Play Too Many Generals” or "Matchmaking Teams Are Unbalanced"
> As the title says, “welcome to Halo Wars”! There have never been enough good players to balance out all the terrible players. So yes, when a good player is searching for a game, the system is not going to make them wait 5-20 minutes for someone their skill, matchmaking is simply going to throw them in a game. Additionally the “general” ranks and all other ranks are a measure of time spent playing the game and rarely correlate to skill.
>
> #3 “All People Do is Rush” or "This Game is Still All About Rushing"
> Yes. If you have ever built a unit, and then used that unit to attack, and then by attacking you ended up killing your opponent’s army and base, you are a rusher. Basically if you have ever won a game of Halo Wars you have rushed someone. That would be somewhere between 99.90% and 99.99% of anyone who has ever played this game. That’s how the game was played, and that’s how the game is played. In other breaking news, the sky is still blue and water is still wet.

At 1. Um?? you make no sense? you say both are wrong and then follow the negative aspect? All games have dead zones. Also I have and only play 3v3 and I find plenty of games.

At 2. The generals are bad. The problem is they quit because they see lower rank. Understandable on recurits but if my other teammate is wiling to play the game usually we still win.

At 3. Clearly you are talking about a 3 spartan tank or 4 tank rush. If you can not defend from this easy “early attack”, which to be honest happens in 7 to 10 MINS which is a mid game rush ya are not building up you forces correctly. Ya gotta scout man. Further more if you play 3v3 a rush never and rarely happens. 2v2 maybe. But the truth of the matter is from Huttcrusher, if you ant being attacked in 0 to 5 mins that is not a rush.