Weekly FF challenge

Endure: The Return
30000 cR
Complete four sets on any Firefight map in co-op play on Heroic or harder.

I’m curious to see how this challenge plays out. If anyone plays four sets with invulnerability on, post please. Or do we have to use default settings? Can it be done with infinite lives or limited? Is this a Harbinger for a new FF UNlimited playlist to replace FF limited?

Me I think i’ll do a limited FF on Beachhead. Grab a couple of Wraiths and start going to town on set after set of Covenant.

Your thoughts?

Good luck with that, me on the other hand. If someone, anyone completes it using the custom variant i discussed in another topic, please let us know.

I’m that one. I already done the weekly in custom Firefight. Have fun changing the options to play it as fast as possible. Time for completing: less then 30 mins.
The easiest 30000 Cr I ever had.

Finished it this mornin :stuck_out_tongue: Had a gametype called Ultimate Cheesing for a past FF point challenge (Points Pyramid?). Changed the waves to Elite Generals and 15 second bonus round and i was done in no time. Got the challenge for my brother to since i used his account as the second player :slight_smile:

Easy 30k in the bag, thanks 343!

This weekly will be fairly simple. :slight_smile:

> I’m that one. I already done the weekly in custom Firefight. Have fun changing the options to play it as fast as possible. Time for completing: less then 30 mins.
> The easiest 30000 Cr I ever had.

does anyone know if this will work with a guest? i know you cant do it alone, but does it have to be another person with you? if so, im looking to do it now so just add me, ive got a fairly simple game type that will make it go by pretty quick (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVHnYKqI0Is) … ign: glaigas

I started and finished during the time I saw half a dozen people on my friends list still doing it.

> I’m that one. I already done the weekly in custom Firefight. Have fun changing the options to play it as fast as possible. Time for completing: less then 30 mins.
> The easiest 30000 Cr I ever had.

What about the LASO challenge on Nightfall? That took me 5 minutes and almost no kills.

LASO’s are easy. The only one i had trouble with was New Alexandria, but then i just easter egged and glitched around the map and got it done

I’m going to actually try and do it legitimately this time. The sense of accomplishment after finishing Endure in ODST was great. I want to experience that feeling again.

I just wish my sense of accomplishment wouldn’t be diminished by the fact that everyone else is Cheesing it.

> > I’m that one. I already done the weekly in custom Firefight. Have fun changing the options to play it as fast as possible. Time for completing: less then 30 mins.
> > The easiest 30000 Cr I ever had.
>
> What about the LASO challenge on Nightfall? That took me 5 minutes and almost no kills.

No LASO challenge has been offered for any where near 30,000cR.

Which kind of annoys me.

> > > I’m that one. I already done the weekly in custom Firefight. Have fun changing the options to play it as fast as possible. Time for completing: less then 30 mins.
> > > The easiest 30000 Cr I ever had.
> >
> > What about the LASO challenge on Nightfall? That took me 5 minutes and almost no kills.
>
> No LASO challenge has been offered for any where near 30,000cR.
>
> Which kind of annoys me.

Yeah, considering some are extremely hard

If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the last level of Halo: Reach laso go for 27,000 credits before? I forget what it’s called…

Also, a question regarding this weeks weekly. I realize it’s 4 sets, so no sarcastic answers please. However, can this be done in multiplayer Firefight? For example, I do firefight doubles and my partner and I vote for the same map 4 times. Considering I’m a forerunner and average anywhere from 7000-12000 credits per Firefight game, would be nice to get the credits for multiplayer on top of the weekly as well.

> I’m going to actually try and do it legitimately this time. The sense of accomplishment after finishing Endure in ODST was great. I want to experience that feeling again.
>
> I just wish my sense of accomplishment wouldn’t be diminished by the fact that everyone else is Cheesing it.

I wish this weekly had to be done on a normal firefight gametype with lives. So it was actually challenging and worth the credits.

> If I’m not mistaken, didn’t the last level of Halo: Reach laso go for 27,000 credits before? I forget what it’s called…
>
> Also, a question regarding this weeks weekly. I realize it’s 4 sets, so no sarcastic answers please. However, can this be done in multiplayer Firefight? For example, I do firefight doubles and my partner and I vote for the same map 4 times. Considering I’m a forerunner and average anywhere from 7000-12000 credits per Firefight game, would be nice to get the credits for multiplayer on top of the weekly as well.

I don’t think you can do this in Matchmaking. I think they’re after four continuous sets, with steadily increasing skulls being activated. It should “look” like the ODST endure by the time you’re done.

i got a question regarding this weekly, if i set up a game with 5 sets and whatnot can i then use a second controller with a default user as the second player and solo the challenge myself or does it have to be played onlin? and would the Cr be stripped if i solo’d it with an afk “buddy”?

> I wish this weekly had to be done on a normal firefight gametype with lives. So it was actually challenging and worth the credits

I was planning on setting up a game myself with lives so that at the very least i get an accurate kills/death spead for the game, though since i was planning on all elites i would probably set it kinda high lol

you COULD do it with an AFK controller buuuuuuut i really don’t recommend it.

> don’t think you can do this in Matchmaking. I think they’re after four continuous sets, with steadily increasing skulls being activated. It should “look” like the ODST endure by the time you’re done.

kinda. except for the “increasing skulls” bit. doesn’t have to be like that at all. go into a custom FF game and set all the waves to grunts/elites/hunters (pick your poison) then go into the custom skull settings and make them all super weak and yourself super strong then go to town with whatever weapon you want since you can set that too.

just remember, make sure you start the fifth set before ending your game if you really want the challenge!

> you COULD do it with an AFK controller buuuuuuut i really don’t recommend it.
>
>
>
> > don’t think you can do this in Matchmaking. I think they’re after four continuous sets, with steadily increasing skulls being activated. It should “look” like the ODST endure by the time you’re done.
>
>
>
> kinda. except for the “increasing skulls” bit. doesn’t have to be like that at all. go into a custom FF game and set all the waves to grunts/elites/hunters (pick your poison) then go into the custom skull settings and make them all super weak and yourself super strong then go to town with whatever weapon you want since you can set that too.
>
> just remember, make sure you start the fifth set before ending your game if you really want the challenge!

You don’t get banned for going idle in a custom game. If you want to play it safe, alternate between kills so that at least looks like both players played. It’s what i did this morning with my account and my brothers. Doesn’t take that long under the right settings. Easy 30k on Corvette ; )

> LASO’s are easy. The only one i had trouble with was New Alexandria, but then i just easter egged and glitched around the map and got it done

The hardest part of that LASO IMO is getting a Banshee without Easter Egg Pelican/Phantom. Then you pray you don’t get that section by club Errea where you have to kill Elite Rangers with three or four Engineers. I’ve been attacked by a squadron of seven or more Banshees because of that random objective…