Weekly challenges feedback

So… I’m finding myself increasingly bored and frustrated with the weekly challenges (especially on the PvP side) since the start of season 7. I’d been hoping to see some changes for Season 8, but that’s not happened. Is there any point in changes at this point with Infinite’s release just around the corner and the future of season points up in the air?

They’re getting quite samey and every week I’m always finding at least one or two being a real grind and needing specific gametypes/playlists played at the end of the week to be advanced at all. The grindy ones for me (usually requiring BTB Heavies to advance):

• Multikills - Sprees - Vehicle Kills - Explosive Weapon Kills - WheelmanWith the PVP ones since Season 7, I’ve also regularly found to get my 9th and/or 10th weekly challenges I’ve needed to do one or both of the Custom Games Browser challenges. I’d rather those (assists and kills with precision weapons) be general challenges which can be earned in either CGB or Matchmaking.

Lastly, and it’s the age-old issue, I’m regularly finding the ‘Win X games’ challenges are either totally straightforward and win without trying or end up with evenings of frustration and rage with terrible teammates costing wins. If the challenges were just ‘Play X*3 games’ I’d care far less about that, but when you’re playing specifically to get the challenges it just causes frustration and lessens enjoyment.

Why does all this matter?
Well… as we have seen, challenges are going to be doubly if not tripley important in Infinite and I feel like there’s a lot of learning to be gained here.

Am I alone in all this? Am I just a filthy casual with a fiancee, busy job, cat, and too little time to play? This is in part the issue with a lot of live service games… as someone in their early 30s with real life commitments… I just don’t feel like I can dedicate enough time to it to make it worth my while and I really don’t want that to be how I start thinking about Infinite

I can definitely agree with this. I have now that Season 8 has been released and I have everything I have stopped caring about going for the challenges. To me they have become rather stale and more of a chore than actually being fun, especially the Firefight ones which I used to love playing back on the Xbox 360.

The challenges get repetitive for sure. If there were more special challenges like wheelman medals, or sniper kills from a long distance, just harder crazier ones then just get 10 objective medals.

I agree they are repetitive, but I still find myself enjoying the process of completing them. To be fair, I don’t play frequently and often go a few weeks at a time these days without even touching the PvP. That said, I see why many are bored of the challenges. Like you said, they can only be completed efficiently in BTB for the most part.

I find myself skipping most of them recently, they’ve been repetitive for a while.
Glad they removed the seasonal points for firefight sets, which ended up really boring.

The challenges are just cycling through the same limited set.
Load up the specific missions or game modes which are the easiest to do, then log off.
I don’t touch the competitive wins anymore, that one ends up more annoying than fun.
The seasonal challenges aren’t great either.

> 2533274874872263;1:
> Lastly, and it’s the age-old issue, I’m regularly finding the ‘Win X games’ challenges are either totally straightforward and win without trying or end up with evenings of frustration and rage with terrible teammates costing wins. If the challenges were just ‘Play X*3 games’ I’d care far less about that, but when you’re playing specifically to get the challenges it just causes frustration and lessens enjoyment.

Being a solo player I agree. Last week it took me 12 games (playing decently) to complete the win three games challenge after winning on the very first one I played. I’m really looking forward to when I have enough seasonal points to have everything unlocked so I can stop actively completing them.

> 2533275019357130;6:
> > 2533274874872263;1:
> > Lastly, and it’s the age-old issue, I’m regularly finding the ‘Win X games’ challenges are either totally straightforward and win without trying or end up with evenings of frustration and rage with terrible teammates costing wins. If the challenges were just ‘Play X*3 games’ I’d care far less about that, but when you’re playing specifically to get the challenges it just causes frustration and lessens enjoyment.
>
> Being a solo player I agree. Last week it took me 12 games (playing decently) to complete the win three games challenge after winning on the very first one I played. I’m really looking forward to when I have enough seasonal points to have everything unlocked so I can stop actively completing them.

Same. Had a slayer game where I went 24 and 3, but lost by 1, because my teammate when -4 and 20. And I honestly don’t think he was trolling. He was just a noob whose first game was on Damnation…