Weekly Challengers Unite: Firefight Edition

So, Today I just took a look at the challenges and low and behold I see that there’s a weekly called: “Endure: The Return”

It states: “Complete four sets on any Firefight map in co-op play on Heroic or Harder”

With that in mind, I can Easily see a lot of people Boosting this challenge and why the hell not?! For all of us who completed “Endure” we know it was Not fun, it was time consuming, and blah blah blah! So I’m like if we can, why not use the 1 Million Firefight Points in 10 minutes game variant to complete the challenge?

Makes sense to me. I mean why should we have to suffer through it again, if we don’t have to? The only thing I can see being a pain is someone who already has the challenge quits right before the 4th set is completed thus forcing anyone else to fail the challenge.

Who’s with me on this?

Actually I’m wondering at the requirements for this challenge. Maybe its set so that the FF HAS to be limited lives. If someone boosts through 4 sets using invulnerability, I’d love to know about it. I’m thinking of trying out a Wraith defense on Beachhead as that is usually the easiest way to survive four sets.

I guess get some real friends together to complete it. I don’t see why we can’t adjust the settings to complete the challenge.

> Actually I’m wondering at the requirements for this challenge. Maybe its set so that the FF HAS to be limited lives. If someone boosts through 4 sets using invulnerability, I’d love to know about it. I’m thinking of trying out a Wraith defense on Beachhead as that is usually the easiest way to survive four sets.

If that’s the case…Damn…

I mean just looking at the “requirements” for the challenge on here it doesn’t make any specifics except that it has to be done on co-op and heroic or harder.

it kind of pisses me off that they didnt make it: “any map with the firefight classic game mode” because I can do it in 5 minutes with elite generals as every wave and instant kill damage with a fuel rod gun.

> it kind of pisses me off that they didnt make it: “any map with the firefight classic game mode” because I can do it in 5 minutes with elite generals as every wave and instant kill damage with a fuel rod gun.

I know what you mean, I’m kind of torn between a challenge that can be manipulated be to Very Easy and one that while not hard, it’s Extremely time consuming. However, when push comes to shove I’d have to go with a challenge that can be manipulated vs one that’s Extremely time consuming.

I don’t know about 5 minutes… Maybe an hour-ish. Completing a set takes about 8-9 minutes each at its fastest. I’d say 10 minutes per set, plus 5 minutes for bonus rounds. Total 45 minutes using invulnerability and super weapons. 2 hours plus if you do it the old-fashioned way.

> I don’t know about 5 minutes… Maybe an hour-ish. Completing a set takes about 8-9 minutes each at its fastest. I’d say 10 minutes per set, plus 5 minutes for bonus rounds. Total 45 minutes using invulnerability and super weapons. 2 hours plus if you do it the old-fashioned way.

Far less than that with the proper variant or did I miss something? I’ve gotten through 2 times that much in that time with the variant I wanna use.

Its been awhile since I’ve used the “million points in 10 minutes” variant. But I seem to recall that last time they did the endure challenge it took me about 45 minutes. I have no other basis that my recollection. If you have a faster variant, I’d love the linky to download.

EDIT: I just checked my game history. One game took 44 minutes and the other was 113. I think the 113min one was last the Endure: return challenge.

> Its been awhile since I’ve used the “million points in 10 minutes” variant. But I seem to recall that last time they did the endure challenge it took me about 45 minutes. I have no other basis that my recollection. If you have a faster variant, I’d love the linky to download.

Well, IF the variant works for the challenge I’ll give it tonight! And honestly, in that variant I just fly through it. I use whatever I can to my advantage to kill as many elites as possible, by the way it should be noted it goes fastest on…The Corvette.

I can prove to you all, yes it works. Did it before with a friend, custom firefight as fast as possible. It takes only 30 mins if done well, but you could make it faster as I was playing with 120 sec of bonus in every set.
Not hard at all, maybe the fastest and funniest weekly challenge we could ever have.

I’ll probably do it the fast way as I don’t have time to spend two hours getting close only to have one A-hole lag out and kill the challenge with one wave to go. (That happened at least a half dozen times in ODST, pissed me off no end.)

On a FF note: if anyone would like to play Firefight both in Arcade and doing ODST-like FFs I’m game. I’m play testing a FF Limited game type, with unlimited sets, limited lives, using Master Chief-like stats instead of the Reach defaults. Add me as a friend: make sure to identify its for FF! GT: Corran1138