Weekly Challenge to be the same? :: Website Problem...

Well as of now, if you visit the Halo: Reach Stats Page on halo.xbox.com, it shows that the Weekly Challenge this week had 7 Days left.

Just curious is if we are once again going to be stuck with the same challenge or it’s just a website problem?

Says the same for me… I hope it is a mistake. Didn’t 343i say that this Monday there’d be new challenges though? So I’m guessing we’ll get a new weekly tomorrow.

Can’t wait to see what new ones they come up with. Most of Bungie’s were dull.

> Says the same for me… I hope it is a mistake. Didn’t 343i say that this Monday there’d be new challenges though? So I’m guessing we’ll get a new weekly tomorrow.
>
> Can’t wait to see what new ones they come up with. Most of Bungie’s were dull.

Earlier this week, bs angel told me to visit the Reach Facebook Page when I asked about next weeks weekly, there was a question there saying “What is your favourite Weekly Challenge on Reach?”.

I am assuming the challenges will be more Community based from now on.

Most likely a website issue. Total Sellout said earlier in the week we would have a new Weekly challenge for next week.

@ Logistiics, they are kind of limited in the Weekly Challenges they can use to whatever Bungie programmed challenges to be capable of tracking.

Basically 343i has a list of challenges Bungie made possible, and they HAVE to use those challenges, they can’t just go and make up new ones.

> @ Logistiics, they are kind of limited in the Weekly Challenges they can use to whatever Bungie programmed challenges to be capable of tracking.
>
> Basically 343i has a list of challenges Bungie made possible, and they HAVE to use those challenges, they can’t just go and make up new ones.

Is this true?

I always assumed it was possible to edit challenges and add new ones since they changed the one were you had to go 3 rounds without dying in Firefight once and Firefight Arcade, Limited or anything like that existed and they managed to change it to one round by the end of the day.

> @ Logistiics, they are kind of limited in the Weekly Challenges they can use to whatever Bungie programmed challenges to be capable of tracking.
>
> Basically 343i has a list of challenges Bungie made possible, and they HAVE to use those challenges, they can’t just go and make up new ones.

Incorrect, they do not have a limit to the challenges they can make. They can create new ones if they want, why aare you saying this?

> > @ Logistiics, they are kind of limited in the Weekly Challenges they can use to whatever Bungie programmed challenges to be capable of tracking.
> >
> > Basically 343i has a list of challenges Bungie made possible, and they HAVE to use those challenges, they can’t just go and make up new ones.
>
> Is this true?
>
> I always assumed it was possible to edit challenges and add new ones since they changed the one were you had to go 3 rounds without dying in Firefight once and Firefight Arcade, Limited or anything like that existed and they managed to change it to one round by the end of the day.

They may be able to change what a challenge is in the middle of a day. But they still had to pull a challenge from a list of presets. Basically just typing “Hijack a player’s ghost then splatter him with it” isn’t going to make the game know what to do with your line of text. The challenges can only track something the game is pre-programmed to be able to track, that’s why almost all the challenges are numerical. “Get x# of kills with yweapon” etc. They may be able to edit things like how many kills/waves/rounds etc. But unless the game was already made to track it, they would have to update it to “invent” new challenges.

@ Tomok, because it is true. They have preset challenges, then they can toggle things like “Cannot die, x# of skulls required, difficulty, # of kills/deaths/assists/waves etc.” But all challenges are based on a preset list of challenges they have to use.