Weekend 24/7 playlist

It’d be cool to see Halo 4 have a 24/7 playlist Saturday or Sunday of every week (or if that’s not good enough, at the end of every month). Recently I noticed MW3 just had a vote on their Facebook page about which map to put in their playlist (as well as game type). They put up a picture of every map and whichever one got the most likes won.

I think this would be a cool thing to put in Halo 4. Maybe include double cR or XP (or in other words, extra cR or XP or some bonus of whatever the currency is).

Anyone?

I think the fact that you mentioned MW3 is a cause of the lack of responses, despite the logic of your post.

Anyway, I think it would be nice to see Double EXP weekend return from Halo 3 with a community-chosen map and gametype(Can be community-made) be the only mode to award Double EXP.

Sounds intriguing, :slight_smile:

> I think the fact that you mentioned MW3 is a cause of the lack of responses, despite the logic of your post.
>
> Anyway, I think it would be nice to see Double EXP weekend return from Halo 3 with a community-chosen map and gametype(Can be community-made) be the only mode to award Double EXP.

Wouldn’t doubt it. Although I expected more Halo fan boys to tell me that we can’t use COD features.

I mean it’s purely the reason I’m playing MW3 right now. It’s fun to really gear in on the same map and develop strategies and methods. You can really do well since you’re not playing on a random map. You know what to expect.

It was called Double Xp weekend playlists and they were Epic…

Well judging by how many weekend playlists Reach had…

> Well judging by how many weekend playlists Reach had…

This.

> It was called Double Xp weekend playlists and they were Epic…

Halo 3 introduced a somewhat similar concept (but not what I want) late into Halo 3’s life span. As for Reach, refer to quote above.

I’d but up for this . They could mix it up and change the weapons or do a 24/7 action sack playlist with double xp.

> I’d but up for this . They could mix it up and change the weapons or do a 24/7 action sack playlist with double xp.

Yeah. Idea is to keep things dynamic. Not just leave things for a month or two without change. And the only change is monthly playlist updates. Weekly community involvement that affects playlists is what I’m looking for. In this case, 24/7 playlist is one idea (or some variating playlist).

> It was called Double Xp weekend playlists and they were Epic…

Totally agree I had some really fun weekends.

> It’d be cool to see Halo 4 have a 24/7 playlist Saturday or Sunday of every week (or if that’s not good enough, at the end of every month). Recently I noticed MW3 just had a vote on their Facebook page about which map to put in their playlist (as well as game type). They put up a picture of every map and whichever one got the most likes won.
>
> I think this would be a cool thing to put in Halo 4. Maybe include double cR or XP (or in other words, extra cR or XP or some bonus of whatever the currency is).

why not! we already got every thing else from cod lol

but really things like this are cool with me

> > It’d be cool to see Halo 4 have a 24/7 playlist Saturday or Sunday of every week (or if that’s not good enough, at the end of every month). Recently I noticed MW3 just had a vote on their Facebook page about which map to put in their playlist (as well as game type). They put up a picture of every map and whichever one got the most likes won.
> >
> > I think this would be a cool thing to put in Halo 4. Maybe include double cR or XP (or in other words, extra cR or XP or some bonus of whatever the currency is).
>
> why not! we already got every thing else from cod lol
>
>
> but really things like this are cool with me

Yeah using ideas that other games use isn’t always bad. I always tell people that no developer takes the same idea and implements it the same way. COD and Halo both took on the idea of FPS but they turned out much different from each other. Their sub-features are no different.

Anyone else? Really would like to see this get more attention.

Nah, always hated the double EXP weekends and why would you want to play on the same map/gametype the whole weekend?

> Nah, always hated the double EXP weekends and why would you want to play on the same map/gametype the whole weekend?

I’m not sure how it would be a bad thing. It would be a separate playlist. If you didn’t want to play it, you don’t have to. It’s like getting a bonus. Why would you not take it?

So you’ve never had a favorite map? Never had one you wanted to play more often? I really don’t believe that. I’m not saying it has to be a 24/7 playlist. Just on every weekend they make a weekend community playlist with some cool stuff in it. It can vary from weekend to weekend giving you something to look forward to play on the weekends. Did you seriously not like playing Fiesta Slayer in Halo 3 for the weekend? I always loved it because it was different from the normal. Seriously, you get enough of the norm. Why not have more options available?

> > Nah, always hated the double EXP weekends and why would you want to play on the same map/gametype the whole weekend?
>
> I’m not sure how it would be a bad thing. It would be a separate playlist. If you didn’t want to play it, you don’t have to. It’s like getting a bonus. Why would you not take it?
>
> So you’ve never had a favorite map? Never had one you wanted to play more often? I really don’t believe that. I’m not saying it has to be a 24/7 playlist. Just on every weekend they make a weekend community playlist with some cool stuff in it. It can vary from weekend to weekend giving you something to look forward to play on the weekends. Did you seriously not like playing Fiesta Slayer in Halo 3 for the weekend? I always loved it because it was different from the normal. Seriously, you get enough of the norm. Why not have more options available?

I rather want them to spend more time on good playlists and gametypes, not just some random stuff like Fiesta Slayer, that’s what Custom Games are for. Of course I love a particular map and gametype the most and with a full team I play those a lot, because we have the most votes, but that doesn’t mean I want to play it all the time.

But if I actually like them I wouldn’t want it just to be for the weekend. I still miss Flagstravaganza in Halo: Reach, but at least I actually got to play it for weeks. Especially when I don’t have time to play that specific weekend.

> > > Nah, always hated the double EXP weekends and why would you want to play on the same map/gametype the whole weekend?
> >
> > I’m not sure how it would be a bad thing. It would be a separate playlist. If you didn’t want to play it, you don’t have to. It’s like getting a bonus. Why would you not take it?
> >
> > So you’ve never had a favorite map? Never had one you wanted to play more often? I really don’t believe that. I’m not saying it has to be a 24/7 playlist. Just on every weekend they make a weekend community playlist with some cool stuff in it. It can vary from weekend to weekend giving you something to look forward to play on the weekends. Did you seriously not like playing Fiesta Slayer in Halo 3 for the weekend? I always loved it because it was different from the normal. Seriously, you get enough of the norm. Why not have more options available?
>
> I rather want them to spend more time on good playlists and gametypes, not just some random stuff like Fiesta Slayer, that’s what Custom Games are for. Of course I love a particular map and gametype the most and with a full team I play those a lot, because we have the most votes, but that doesn’t mean I want to play it all the time.
>
> But if I actually like them I wouldn’t want it just to be for the weekend. I still miss Flagstravaganza in Halo: Reach, but at least I actually got to play it for weeks. Especially when I don’t have time to play that specific weekend.

How exactly would implementing a weekend system take away from everything else? You’re simply assuming that would just “happen” and therefore they should focus on important stuff. Obviously they’re going to prioritize important things over unimportant things. Just imagine this is post-Release and everything is good. Then they can work on smaller things like this.

So assuming that implementing this wouldn’t take away from anything else, do you want to see it? Even for the other players that would want it? And as a side note, this whole weekend playlist stuff wouldn’t take long at all to devise. It’s not complicated or hard. Just get feedback from the community through forum or Facebook and put together a “list”. Then work off that list and create your weekend playlist stuff.

It would be the best thing that could happen to the matchmaking.

> It would be the best thing that could happen to the matchmaking.

Thanks man.

Anyone else?