weather effects...

I was thinkng about that Bungie should make some weather effects that could change the maps enviorment like that it is raining, snowing, hailing , night and more. The only one that looks lake a weather effect was Orange that changed the map from spring to fall. It chould be a little bit fun to even change the weather with the forging experience.

That is a pretty neat idea, but I think it would be incredibly taxing on the engine and could really negatively affect the game play depending on how many forge items were being used. On the flip side, it could limit the number or types of objects available in forge.

I have to agree with Mendi on this one, however awesome it would be. By the sound of their(Bungie) awe regarding the rain system in campaign in the Legendary commentary video, it’s a pretty advanced system.

I think weather effects could be limited pretty easily, or be overridden if necessary. In Halo 3 I don’t know if it always snowed on Avalanche, but I know the map was snowy.

In Reach, there is a limit on how many lights you can use, so perhaps if you use too many items, weather gets disabled.

I think one of the main problems of wather effects is limiting them, specifically, their area of effect, such as inside of caves, in building etc. Essentially, what’s advanced about rain is to not have rain.

> I think one of the main problems of wather effects is limiting them, specifically, their area of effect, such as inside of caves, in building etc. Essentially, what’s advanced about rain is to not have rain.

Brilliant point that I hadn’t thought of.

> > I think one of the main problems of wather effects is limiting them, specifically, their area of effect, such as inside of caves, in building etc. Essentially, what’s advanced about rain is to not have rain.
>
> Brilliant point that I hadn’t thought of.

Yeah, they mentioned it in the Legendary commentary.

In the end it might be a negative thing. Remember that Backwash was pulled from Halo 2 Matchmaking because its fog wouldn’t load on the 360 quite right. I can easily see something similar happening with weather effects.

It would be nice, I can’t lie about that. But the risks associated with it outweigh the benefits, in my opinion.

The Halo engine is definately not build for weater effects. The CryTec engines on the other hand.

> The Halo engine is definately not build for weater effects. The CryTec engines on the other hand.

Not true, Reach does have weather effects, but allowing users to control them in Forge would be more of a hassle than a help.

> > The Halo engine is definately not build for weater effects. The CryTec engines on the other hand.
>
> Not true, Reach does have weather effects, but allowing users to control them in Forge would be more of a hassle than a help.

That was what I meant. Sometimes my brain works faster than my English.