Weather effects on maps

Maps in Halo 5 should have weather effects like rain, snow, etc.

What I mean is having something like snow or rain falling from the sky. And if you’re playing on a snowy map then your spartan will have some snow on their armor and gun and the same for raining maps too.

Thoughts?

I’d love this, it could have a minor effect on your visor too like frosting the blurred edges of the screen (very minor) and the odd rain droplet (togglable feature for if its too frustrating)

Armour effects could be where the visor cracks (on the player model not on the HUD once again its an option for customs: if you get hit in flood your HUD ceases to work) when its shot.

Other effect ideas:
Flood orange tint when stepping on areas with it.
Dust/ mud/ sand on the boots of the players

> I’d love this, it could have a minor effect on your visor too like frosting the blurred edges of the screen (very minor) and the odd rain droplet (togglable feature for if its too frustrating)
>
> Armour effects could be where the visor cracks (on the player model not on the HUD once again its an option for customs: if you get hit in flood your HUD ceases to work) when its shot.
>
> Other effect ideas:
> Flood orange tint when stepping on areas with it.
> Dust/ mud/ sand on the boots of the players

Yes, I agree. And I’m pretty sure the Xbox One can support those textures so its possible.

> Yes, I agree. And I’m pretty sure the Xbox One can support those textures so its possible.

Certainly. These effects were supported on the Xbox 360 in various games (ex. visor effects: Section 8 Prejudice, ex. dynamic weather: Iron Brigade). 343 should certainly step up the environmental art effects (it’s high time.)

> Maps in Halo 5 should have weather effects like rain, snow, etc.
>
> What I mean is having something like snow or rain falling from the sky. And if you’re playing on a snowy map then your spartan will have some snow on their armor and gun and the same for raining maps too.
>
> Thoughts?

Thoughts? Absolutely, no questions asked.

> > Maps in Halo 5 should have weather effects like rain, snow, etc.
> >
> > What I mean is having something like snow or rain falling from the sky. And if you’re playing on a snowy map then your spartan will have some snow on their armor and gun and the same for raining maps too.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Thoughts? Absolutely, no questions asked.

I think he meant thoughts as in, what are your thoughts on the matter of Halo 5 having weather effects?

> > > Maps in Halo 5 should have weather effects like rain, snow, etc.
> > >
> > > What I mean is having something like snow or rain falling from the sky. And if you’re playing on a snowy map then your spartan will have some snow on their armor and gun and the same for raining maps too.
> > >
> > > Thoughts?
> >
> > Thoughts? Absolutely, no questions asked.
>
> I think he meant thoughts as in, what are your thoughts on the matter of Halo 5 having weather effects?

Yes indeed he did, and I answered :slight_smile:

excellent idea I really like it.

We should take this a step further even. Weather effects influence how the game is actually played. Conditions could include foggy, with limited visibility or icy with a chance for your Spartan to slip if you are sprinting. It could be heavily snowing, causing Spartans to move slower as they wade through deep drifts, or pouring rain causing a deluge to block certain paths around the map. Or perhaps there is no inclement weather at all.

Before a multiplayer game begins, a random weather condition is chosen and applied to the map. I’m liking this idea more and more as I type about it. It would greatly increase strategy (teams need to react properly to whatever weather) and realism at the same time.

> > > > Maps in Halo 5 should have weather effects like rain, snow, etc.
> > > >
> > > > What I mean is having something like snow or rain falling from the sky. And if you’re playing on a snowy map then your spartan will have some snow on their armor and gun and the same for raining maps too.
> > > >
> > > > Thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thoughts? Absolutely, no questions asked.
> >
> > I think he meant thoughts as in, what are your thoughts on the matter of Halo 5 having weather effects?
>
> Yes indeed he did, and I answered :slight_smile:

Okay. Well, I’m confused.