Wearable Cloak in Multiplayer/Other Cloths

Alright, this will sound a little weird. But I would enjoy being able to wear the Chief’s new cloak in MP, no matter my Spartan’s Armor.

Actually to expand on this point, I would enjoy there being a wide variety of cloth-style armor pieces in Halo 5. Not because of ‘Let’s be John’ dress-up, but because I find wearing robes or ‘Battleskirts’ awesome. Hell, I wouldn’t mind if they are available just for Elites (But I’d only really love them being on Spartans).

This could also expand to a Ghillie Suit, or Ghillie Hoods. (Like the Tactical/Patrol chestgear in Halo Reach.)

In case you are wondering;

This Gears Theron Sentinel is wearing a battleskirt (The cloth below his waist, around his legs)

The 1st form of Ghillie Suit I’d enjoy in Halo 5. Imagine a variant meant to be put on MJOLNIR.

What do you think?

There was a thread like this a while back where someone proposed wearable capes in multiplayer. I am in favour of wearable cloaks like inclement weather in halo reach but I don’t think it should be customizable. At least not with an abundant amount of options. It would look weird with a bunch of players running around looking like superheroes

I don’t think the Ghillie suit would be featured in Halo Xbox one. Primarily due to the inclusion of Active camo this ability has made the Ghillie suit completely redundant as it is pretty primitive technology compared to the like’s of the post 2552.

And with capes, well.

I wouldn’t mind waist capes like those featured on some Clone troopers in Star Wars Battlefront, but they’d have to be insanely hard to earn so as not to appear on EVERY person in multiplayer.

Clone Commando

> I wouldn’t mind waist capes like those featured on some Clone troopers in Star Wars Battlefront, but they’d have to be insanely hard to earn so as not to appear on EVERY person in multiplayer.
>
> Clone Commando

Commander***

Commandos don’t (usually) wear kamas. But I would totally rock one like the ARC Troopers and other Mandalorians.

One of my most favorite armor pieces from Reach was Jun’s, which had a cloth element to it. Not a total Ghillie suit, but a little flavor one.

I think this could be a very nice addition to the Halo 5 armory… consider it an effect, if you like, since Spartan armor is all environmentally controlled anyway.

I think cloth pieces would be pretty cool. Many people jumped on the fact that 'Chief was wearing a cloak in the Halo One trailer, but watch how quickly they’d use it if it became an aesthetic option for MP. The majority would be best as a more subtle inclusion, with only minimal dramatic pieces - like the aforementioned cloak.

well some elites ranks have capes/cloaks as seen in this image http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20061213202149/halo/images/3/30/Supremecommander.jpg

Sure! I think they would fit right in next to hardware attachments like we had in Reach. Just give us a loose hardpoint system 343.

I think this would be an interesting addition, though I agree with Smash, they should be kind of hard to get, just so it holds some value.

Also, I think a shoulder-cape like Ezio’s from Assassin’s Creed 2 would work. It isn’t enormous, and it would make more sense than superhero length capes.

This is a great idea. Add cloaks would make some Spartans look awesome.

> > I wouldn’t mind waist capes like those featured on some Clone troopers in Star Wars Battlefront, but they’d have to be insanely hard to earn so as not to appear on EVERY person in multiplayer.
> >
> > Clone Commando
>
> Commander***
>
> Commandos don’t (usually) wear kamas. But I would totally rock one like the ARC Troopers and other Mandalorians.

Sorry, I’m not terribly up to date on Star Wars lore atm. I don’t know what a “kamas” is though.

What I affectionately call a ‘Battleskirt’.

> > > I wouldn’t mind waist capes like those featured on some Clone troopers in Star Wars Battlefront, but they’d have to be insanely hard to earn so as not to appear on EVERY person in multiplayer.
> > >
> > > Clone Commando
> >
> > Commander***
> >
> > Commandos don’t (usually) wear kamas. But I would totally rock one like the ARC Troopers and other Mandalorians.
>
> Sorry, I’m not terribly up to date on Star Wars lore atm. I don’t know what a “kamas” is though.

The good lord was kind enough to give me the power to give you this link. Kama | Wookieepedia | Fandom

I would love to have a wearable cloak as an addition to “armor effects”. Not to mention, it would look well on sleek armors like my “lovely” Recon.

Maybe something similar like what we had in Reach? Ammo-bags, tac-pads that kind of stuff. Just as visuals of course.
Cloak and that kind of stuff like armor effects are unnecessary IMO. Just imagine it, as you run there is a big rag comes after you. Do we need it? I don’t think so.

> Cloak and that kind of stuff like armor effects are unnecessary IMO. Just imagine it, as you run there is a big rag comes after you. Do we need it? I don’t think so.

Haven’t played any Warhammer 40k games have you. Capes/robes/togas are hugely complementary to sci-fi power armor. Don’t ask me why, it’s just one of those funny little truths of the universe (and Halo should totally run with it.)

Not a big fan of cloaks and such, but if the last trailer is any idea of what’s to come they would seem reasonable and appropriate under the circumstances. I think they would be best if they are earned and limited.

I think the cape from the trailer should be a 343 employee only thing, unless they choose to give it to anyone else.

~ Duck.

Chief’s cloak from the trailer would cause problems in multiplayer. Think of how flowy the cloak is. It will be pretty difficult registering shots, figuring out where the body is underneath the cloak. You could shoot where you think his arm is, but it could wind up just being empty cloak space.