Weapons Sounds are Canon - 343 Please Read

Are the Weapon Sounds Canon? Well listen to my theory, I just might be correct.

Weapon sounds would make sense to be canon if they aren’t already, considering the the weapons were completely different in the older ‘Halo Days’ because they were created during the war, but now that the war has ended it gives the UNSC more time to construct more powerful weapons, and more futuristic ones, considering the rocket sounds like something breaking through the sound barrier, it would make sense for this massive change and new selection of weapons. That being said, the theory is that they are Canon because of that explanation.

Thank You Misriah Armory & Acheron Security for your great services, and sorry for the Loss of Several Hundreds of Factories :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m fairly picky with the canon and lore…and I think this is nothing to really care about whatsoever.

Canon is subjective.

Things like this don’t need to be canonical.

wow.

I want to point out tht if you compare the BR and the AR sound from the campaign dmo and the ones from the multiplayer, they sound very different.

> I’m fairly picky with the canon and lore…and I think this is nothing to really care about whatsoever.

I agree, I just thought I’d post it. You know? I could careless, I’m honestly getting this game to get further in the Lore, and see how Chief’s story is going to continue.

> Things like this don’t need to be canonical.

Like I said above, I agree, its pointless, but I just needed to get it out there mostly because of the fact of people complaining.

New makers, new trilogy, newer/revamped weapons - canon does not apply.

> New makers, new trilogy, newer/revamped weapons - <mark>canon does not apply.</mark>

By that logic, no previous Halo ever happened. Might want to rethink what you said.

> > New makers, new trilogy, newer/revamped weapons - <mark>canon does not apply.</mark>
>
> By that logic, no previous Halo ever happened. Might want to rethink what you said.

No, by that logic they want to put their stamp on things and enough time has passed in canon to exempt the weapons from having to sound the same.

I was actually a little miffed about how different most everything sounded (and in some cases, looked) from the old Halo I’m used to, but then I realized that all the FPS Halo games so far take place between, what, July 2552 and November 2553? This is 2557. Stuff that’s been in development will have come into use and our old weapons are now outdated pieces. We’ve taken in Covenant and Forerunner tech knowledge and had time to adapt it into something usable.

I still don’t like the new shotty, though, lol. But I try to withhold serious judgement until after I’ve gotten to use it.

> > > New makers, new trilogy, newer/revamped weapons - <mark>canon does not apply.</mark>
> >
> > By that logic, no previous Halo ever happened. Might want to rethink what you said.
>
> No, by that logic they want to put their stamp on things and enough time has passed in canon to exempt the weapons from having to sound the same.

Or since these are newer models of past weapons they can sound different. Nothing says an AK-74 has to sound like an AK-47, nor does the BR-85 have to sound like the BR-55.

It’s not rocket surgery.