Weapons shouldn't be changed just because pros say so

The Mangler spawning less often basically counts as a nerf. It shouldn’t spawn any faster than a heatwave or bulldog.

1 Like

A spawning nerf is a LOT better than an overall stats nerf. Because Fiesta is already annoying enough when it gives you crap guns more often than good guns. And now they want to make another crap gun to throw on the pile?

Plus then it feels like filler once Forge comes around, as now the game will have a gun that people will probably start to avoid like the Pulse Carbine.

And what does this mean for the Campaign? Easier enemies to fight since the Mangler will have reduced stats overall?

4 Likes

If the so called pros had it their way, only the Sidekick, BR, and a few power weapons would be viable against anything more difficult than Grunts on Normal. No thanks, I prefer varied gameplay over grenade spam + precision headshot half-second kills ad nauseam. If you got even remotely good at Halo 3, that’s how the majority of games went after 2008. It was the absolute worst part of Halo 3 PvP. It was even worse in Reach on day 1 of the final release. The Reach beta was actually pretty good because the DMR wasn’t overpowered yet.

2 Likes

Because everyone and their dog turned them off.

You didn’t have to be a pro to work out that the cost to you and the team just wasn’t worth it.

343 are trying to rework them. Probably with a view of selling them in the store. Hope they work something out because they could be fun if done right.

2 Likes

Halo 5 was tuned into bland-hell because of pro feedback, the only time 343 have ever accommodated casual feedback is when people overwhelmingly left Halo 4 for Reach back in the day because of how prominent the DMR & Boltshot were, you could probably argue that was only done because of backlash.

2 Likes

Whoa, calm down mr I hold down RT and get killed like an idiot and can’t aim.

Things need reworks, period. Mangler will have a longer spawn time because at its current state, having 3 or more people with one is whack.

3 Likes

I hope they dont. In Halo 5 they only listen to the “Pros”, and we already know how the game ended

2 Likes

The Mangler is fine in it’s current state. I think it just needs to have a longer respawn cool down. What we should be talking about it how inconsistent the rocket splash damage is.

3 Likes

The mangler, as a weapon, needs no changing and operates optimally in its intended niche.

The respawn timer could be analyzed and adjusted accordingly, though. I’m not willing to die on that hill, but if any changes are made, that one sounds the most rational to me.

2 Likes

This is what I meant when I said ESports ruined Halo.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more! What they need to do is have a special HCS playlist with all the HCS settings, then have regular ranked play.

1 Like

The mangler is not that op as people make it seem especially the cry baby pros, here’s a better solution to the mangler when the enemy has it don’t push them so they don’t 1 shot and 1 melee combo you.

Omg I know right how was this solution never heard of before.

I don’t always go out of my way to get the mangler but if I have it people always try pushing me so I combo them and I watch my teammates push the enemy with it and they get comboed. I’ve had ppl msg me that mangler is op when they had pushed me and got right up close in melee range. I’m like yeah OK bud.

2 Likes

The halo 5 “perfect” was satisfying and 343 should consider bringing h5 perfect kill to halo inifinite.

5 Likes

Weird timing and strange post for the topic, but I agree. The line from Halo 5 was awesome.

1 Like

100% this. Alot of what I dislike about Halo Infinite compared with Bungie’s Halos is a result of pandering to the MLG scene. Reduced radar. No radar at all ranked. Forced BR starts in all ranked games. Infinite sprint making for frantic gameplay. It’s all rubbish. This game has great gunplay but the default esports type settings 343 has forced on casual gamers is garbage…

2 Likes

Bro. That’s one of the things I wish 343 would bring back into the game. That little perfect icon in the killfeed.

1 Like

people are saying its too much damage or needs a timer debuff (which i agree there are some kinda silly respawn timers on certain weapons) but its the fact that THIS https://twitter.com/DirusLupusKF/status/1480676729014435853

is a thing, when switching it has no active delay frames on shooting so a pro player is easily able to get off 5 kills in the matter of seconds. i cant quite find the clip of a pro using it but its just insanely broken

He didn’t switch to the BR. He dropped the weapon which is faster than switching.

That’s why he killed him so quickly.

Nerf aim assist and watch the pro players scramble like rats.

1 Like

yeah should of said dropping but there is a clip out there of a pro player being able to drop between each weapon and just shred through everyone, pretty much is fast switching in doom eternal where any frames of weapon shot delay is inept and just used to keep going even if you have to wait

found the video explaining it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhvkqdIeMU4