Weapons on map. No armor abilities. No sprint

This is how we bring balance and competitive play. And no loadouts. You spawn with a weapon and you pick up weapons on map that periodically spawn. Bring halo back to how it should be.
<3

Halo has managed to innovate while still remaining true to its roots.

Interactive Maps
Vehicle Boarding
Support Weapons
Grenade Launcher
Thruster Pack

You aren’t wrong in what you want…but we can have more.

> This is how we bring balance and competitive play. And no loadouts. You spawn with a weapon and you pick up weapons on map that periodically spawn. Bring halo back to how it should be.
> <3

You’ve gotten yourself a thank.

I could play Halo 3 customs for hours and hours.
But in Halo 4, it’s just not fun. It’s honest too. Halo 4 IS ACTUALLY, not as fun.

No AA’s is already confirmed by 343i. Weapons on map (with or without loadouts) will definitely stay, no doubt.
However, I’m pretty sure that Sprint will stay as SA.
I like to have sprint. Apart from being realistic, (i know gameplay flow 1st, realism 2nd) it does fit. It’s not that bad in H4, but also not flawless. A little tuning here and there and it will work.
Most complain about how you can escape from every situation in H4 due to sprint. Well, my guess is that sprint should take longer to recover and it should have its own indicator. Take Reach for example. Lucky you if u have some sprint left to escape, otherwise, well…

> However, I’m pretty sure that Sprint will stay as SA.
> I like to have sprint. Apart from being realistic, (i know gameplay flow 1st, realism 2nd) it does fit. It’s not that bad in H4, but also not flawless. A little tuning here and there and it will work.
> Most complain about how you can escape from every situation in H4 due to sprint. Well, my guess is that sprint should take longer to recover and it should have its own indicator. Take Reach for example. Lucky you if u have some sprint left to escape, otherwise, well…

No, sprint isn’t realistic. Yeah, people can sprint, that’s realistic, but Spartans don’t need a “Sprint” animation. Spartans move at a high speed at all times when they are in battle. They are over 7’ tall, they move with purpose, and are always ready to kill a threat. Lowering a weapon to move forward faster isn’t a “realistic” movement for a Spartan. (I put realistic in quotes because we are also talking sci-fi here). What the game needs is a faster player base movement. Bump the players speed up about 15% and get rid of sprint, while making the movement mechanics more responsive.

Right now, Halo 4 is the easiest Halo to play because the bullet magnetism is very high (Halo 2 levels), but the player movement is the slowest (the player reaches a speed of 0 to change directions in a strafe). The only reason it was hard to hit people in Halo 2 is because the responsiveness of the controls made the player move faster, and the maps were smaller. Also, I’m pretty sure the bullet magnetism was so high for H2 because the Xbox Live tech was so new and it was to combat lag and help with fair gameplay. We obviously don’t need it to be that strong in todays games since the hit registration and networking issues are becoming less problematic.

So better responsiveness and a faster base player speed is what we need above sprint.

> > However, I’m pretty sure that Sprint will stay as SA.
> > I like to have sprint. Apart from being realistic, (i know gameplay flow 1st, realism 2nd) it does fit. It’s not that bad in H4, but also not flawless. A little tuning here and there and it will work.
> > Most complain about how you can escape from every situation in H4 due to sprint. Well, my guess is that sprint should take longer to recover and it should have its own indicator. Take Reach for example. Lucky you if u have some sprint left to escape, otherwise, well…
>
> No, sprint isn’t realistic. Yeah, people can sprint, that’s realistic, but Spartans don’t need a “Sprint” animation. Spartans move at a high speed at all times when they are in battle. They are over 7’ tall, they move with purpose, and are always ready to kill a threat. Lowering a weapon to move forward faster isn’t a “realistic” movement for a Spartan. (I put realistic in quotes because we are also talking sci-fi here). What the game needs is a faster player base movement. Bump the players speed up about 15% and get rid of sprint, while making the movement mechanics more responsive.
>
> Right now, Halo 4 is the easiest Halo to play because the bullet magnetism is very high (Halo 2 levels), but the player movement is the slowest (the player reaches a speed of 0 to change directions in a strafe). The only reason it was hard to hit people in Halo 2 is because the responsiveness of the controls made the player move faster, and the maps were smaller. Also, I’m pretty sure the bullet magnetism was so high for H2 because the Xbox Live tech was so new and it was to combat lag and help with fair gameplay. We obviously don’t need it to be that strong in todays games since the hit registration and networking issues are becoming less problematic.
>
> So better responsiveness and a faster base player speed is what we need above sprint.

Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.

> Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.

Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.

> > > However, I’m pretty sure that Sprint will stay as SA.
> > > I like to have sprint. Apart from being realistic, (i know gameplay flow 1st, realism 2nd) it does fit. It’s not that bad in H4, but also not flawless. A little tuning here and there and it will work.
> > > Most complain about how you can escape from every situation in H4 due to sprint. Well, my guess is that sprint should take longer to recover and it should have its own indicator. Take Reach for example. Lucky you if u have some sprint left to escape, otherwise, well…
> >
> > No, sprint isn’t realistic. Yeah, people can sprint, that’s realistic, but Spartans don’t need a “Sprint” animation. Spartans move at a high speed at all times when they are in battle. They are over 7’ tall, they move with purpose, and are always ready to kill a threat. Lowering a weapon to move forward faster isn’t a “realistic” movement for a Spartan. (I put realistic in quotes because we are also talking sci-fi here). What the game needs is a faster player base movement. Bump the players speed up about 15% and get rid of sprint, while making the movement mechanics more responsive.
> >
> > Right now, Halo 4 is the easiest Halo to play because the bullet magnetism is very high (Halo 2 levels), but the player movement is the slowest (the player reaches a speed of 0 to change directions in a strafe). The only reason it was hard to hit people in Halo 2 is because the responsiveness of the controls made the player move faster, and the maps were smaller. Also, I’m pretty sure the bullet magnetism was so high for H2 because the Xbox Live tech was so new and it was to combat lag and help with fair gameplay. We obviously don’t need it to be that strong in todays games since the hit registration and networking issues are becoming less problematic.
> >
> > So better responsiveness and a faster base player speed is what we need above sprint.
>
> Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.

Even though there are numerous polls all over the internet, including this very website, where thousands of Halo fans have all vote in favor of removing sprint?

Here is a Halo Waypoint poll that was taken by a member of the 343 team. As you can see, the vast majority voted no to both sprint AND flinch even though there was an option to keep sprint.

If you need an explanation on why sprint is completely terrible, here is a pic of an original post from a long time ago that explains why sprint can’t just be “tweaked” to work in the game. I’ve said the same things, but people don’t listen to me, so maybe this will help show that more than 1 person understands the negatives and hopefully you can understand them if people can’t understand my words. The post has to do with the basic fundamentals of Halo at the Core level (Map Design, Power Positions, and Map Control).

If there needs to be innovation in Halo, then it would have to come from some other aspect that keeps the game fair and keeps things competitive (hopefully these new unknown Spartan Abilities are the way to go for the people who say Halo lacks innovation). But as it stands, sprint in no way shape or form is good for Halo as a competitive game which is what 343 is going for with their big eSports article the launched not to long ago after E3. If they are to keep sprint, then it will not be as competitively sound its predecessors from the original trilogy and people will continue to play H:CE and H2.

I have faith that 343 will be smart enough to get rid of sprint for H5:G because they listened to their community about AAs and unbalanced starts with the custom loadouts. They took a huge step in the right direction and I commend them for that. It’s about time some developers listen to their followers. Now they just have to finish and listen to the people who they hired like Gho57ayame, Derky, Bravo, etc and go the route of true competitive Halo, then build the game out from there to appease the casual players. You have to have a competitive game at the core in order for Halo to succeed.

> > Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.
>
> Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.

Which wasn’t about MM at all.

@Mr Doogles
I understand your point, however it’s just my opinion about sprint. We’ll see in December.

> > > Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.
> >
> > Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.
>
> Which wasn’t about MM at all.

You mean to tell me that I wasn’t watching a preview for the “Brute Invasion” gametype that just didn’t make it into the final cut of Halo 3!?

> > > Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.
> >
> > Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.
>
> Which wasn’t about MM at all.
>
> @Mr Doogles
> I understand your point, however it’s just my opinion about sprint. We’ll see in December.

A trailer is still a trailer so his/her point is still valid.

Nobody knows until we are told otherwise.

> > > > Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.
> > >
> > > Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.
> >
> > Which wasn’t about MM at all.
>
> You mean to tell me that I wasn’t watching a preview for the “Brute Invasion” gametype that just didn’t make it into the final cut of Halo 3!?

What?

Halo 3 E3 trailer was just a trailer to show that halo 3 is coming, H5G trailer definitely hints at H5G MM so we should take things, which got shown, in consideration.

> Halo 3 E3 trailer was just a trailer to show that halo 3 is coming, H5G trailer definitely hints at H5G MM so we should take things, which got shown, in consideration.

How I can tell the difference between a trailer that “just shows a game is coming” and a trailer that “definitely hints at matchmaking”.

> > Halo 3 E3 trailer was just a trailer to show that halo 3 is coming, H5G trailer definitely hints at H5G MM so we should take things, which got shown, in consideration.
>
> How I can tell the difference between a trailer that “just shows a game is coming” and a trailer that “definitely hints at matchmaking”.

I’m done lol

> > Halo 3 E3 trailer was just a trailer to show that halo 3 is coming, H5G trailer definitely hints at H5G MM so we should take things, which got shown, in consideration.
>
> How I can tell the difference between a trailer that “just shows a game is coming” and a trailer that “definitely hints at matchmaking”.

Well, everybody else seems to have managed it just fine.

> > Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.
>
> Which wasn’t about MM at all.

No, but it did show the Bubble Shield equipment. Some things in trailers may be indicative of gameplay while others may not.

> > Apart from every discussion over sprint it’s highly likely that sprint will stay. It was in the CGI trailer. It’s supposed to hint at MM. So I take it for grant.
>
> Sprint was in the Halo 3 trailer/teaser too.

Halo 3’s teaser wasn’t using assets directly from the game like this trailer did. Which suggests that sprinting, some sort of thruster pack and some sort of smackdown move will all be in the game.

> No AA’s is already confirmed by 343i. Weapons on map (with or without loadouts) will definitely stay, no doubt.
> However, I’m pretty sure that Sprint will stay as SA.
> I like to have sprint. Apart from being realistic, (i know gameplay flow 1st, realism 2nd) it does fit. It’s not that bad in H4, but also not flawless. A little tuning here and there and it will work.
> Most complain about how you can escape from every situation in H4 due to sprint. Well, my guess is that sprint should take longer to recover and it should have its own indicator. Take Reach for example. Lucky you if u have some sprint left to escape, otherwise, well…

Truthfully, Sprint is not that fast to get you out of every predicament. It only works when you are close to getting behind cover any way. In my experience sprinting hasn’t really gotten me out of a lot of situations unless I was already close enough to cover. Only time people escape me is when they are also close to cover or already running and their is only a small window of opportunity to kill them. AT those times is not even a good idea to shoot because you want get enough shots in to do any real damage.

People often claim that it is hard to snipe people while they are sprinting. Well tell that to the countless people who have sniped me while sprinting. If you find it hard to snipe while someone is sprinting then you just need to practice more. Because I have ran into guys that can get you regardless.

Sprinting’s function is to get you point A to point B faster then normal.

And Sprinting doesn’t add randomness, because everybody has that ability. It only becomes random when only random people have the ability to sprint while everybody else is at jogging pace. Saying sprinting is random is like saying grenades are random because you don’t know when someone is going to throw a grenade.