Weapons needed for Halo 5

The Plasma Rifle (Brute) has finally returned and I’m extremely grateful.

Here’s a list of great weapons, vehicles, and tools that are missing from Halo 5: Guardians and would be ideal to include in an update:

Weapons

• Plasma Launcher

• Needler Rifle

• Plasma Rifle (Elite)

• Brute Shot

• Spiker

• Concussion Rifle

• Plasma Repeater

• Focus Rifle

• Sentinal Beam

• Grenade Launcher

• Mauler

• Sticky Detonator

• Flame thrower

• Missile pod

Vehicles

• Falcon

• Revenant

• Hornet

• Chopper

• Prowler

Equipment

• Bubble Shield

• Gravity Lift

• Flashlight

• Night Vision

• Flare

• Trip Mine

• Power Drain

• Radar Jammer

• Regenerator

Grenades

• Flare grenade

• Spike grenade

• Pulse grenade

Additionally:

• Halo 4 Battle Rifle

• Reach Assault Rifle

• Reach DMR

• Halo 4 Boltshot

• Halo 3 Shotgun

• Reach Scorpion

• Reach Sniper

• Halo 3 Beam Rifle

• Reach Invisibility (Radar Jammer)

• Elites (playable)

• Halo 4 DMR

As you can see here there is way too much in-game content missing from Halo 5 (not to mention Gametypes)

Well to be fair this is their 2nd Halo production- excluding the anniversary editions
Im just holding up my judgement till halo 6 fully comes out and see what ill then cause i can tell the transition from Bungie to 343i was tough on players.
Till then im just enjoying a Halo game
Also maybe they want to find ways on how they can implement the older guns and vehicles but frankly im not that big of a fan of having too many weapons being added back- to big of a weapon pool considering the addition of their variations

[deleted]

> 2535414369351666;1:
> The Plasma Rifle (Brute) has returned and I’m grateful. But 343 can do better than this. (I know I would if I was employed in their studio). The so-called “Memories of Reach” only gave us one memory: Most me members of Noble Teams armour. Infection does not derive from Reach thus is not in my list of memories.
>
> Here’s a list of great weapons, vehicles, and tools that I miss and would’ve been ideal for the real Memories of Reach update:
>
> ------------------
> Weapons
> ------------------
>
> - Plasma Launcher
>
> - Needler Rifle
>
> - Plasma Rifle (Elite)
>
> - Brute Shot
>
> - Spiker
>
> - Concussion Rifle
>
> - Plasma Repeater
>
> - Focus Rifle
>
> - Sentinal Beam
>
> - Grenade Launcher
>
> - Mauler
>
> - Sticky Detonator
>
> - Flame thrower
>
> - Missile pod
>
> ------------------
> Vehicles
> ------------------
> - Falcon
>
> - Revenant
>
> - Hornet
>
> - Chopper
>
> ------------------
> Tools
> ------------------
> - Bubble Shield
>
> - Gravity Lift
>
> - Flashlight
>
> - Night vision
>
> - Flare
>
> - Trip mine
>
> ------------------
> Grenades
> ------------------
> - Flare grenade
>
> - Spike grenade
>
> - Pulse grenade
>
> ------------------
> Additionally:
> ------------------
> - Halo 4 Battle Rifle
>
> - Reach Assault Rifle
>
> - Reach DMR
>
> - Halo 4 Boltshot
>
> - Halo 3 Shotgun
>
> - Reach Scorpion
>
> - Reach Sniper
>
> - Halo 3 Beam Rifle

• I agree with the first 2 weapons, but we have a missile launcher in game already. the missile pod would be redundant (sort of like how we have two very similar functioning rocket launchers.)
  • We don’t need armor abilities or weapon pickups in this game, it wouldn’t work well. Night vision and flashlight would both be very squirrely in H5, but I could almost see it working.
  • Spike grenade would be nice, but that would almost HAVE to coincide with the spiker being added. Pulse grenade seems very pointless and redundant as well seing how we already have a designated promethean grenade that would always be more popular than the pulse grenade.
  • Halo 4 battle rifle is almost the same, and would function too similarly to the Halo 5 Battle Rifle, maybe a skin and scope that mimic the BR85 as opposed to the BR85N.
  • Reach weapons have way too much bloom to be considered for anything. Maybe skins that mimic the Reach AR and DMR would work though. This would cause canon issues as well seeing as the Reach weapons are probably far outdated by now.
  • Having 2 of the exact same weapon seems like a very bad idea. The two don’t even have different canon designations, so that complicates matters even more.
  • The H3 shotty would be nice.
  • Reach scorpion would also be too similar to the current scorpion, and would end up being pretty pointless.
  • Reach sniper would also function too similarly to the current sniper, and it didn’t look too crazy different, so I don’t see much of a point.
  • The H3 beam would be nice as a skin, but would yet again be redundant because there is an existing variant in game already. I see where you’re getting at with all this, but if I wanted to use half of these I would just pop in MCC or Reach. Halo 5 doesn’t need more old content, it needs more new content.

> 2535417718804016;4:
> > 2535468425990603;3:
> > Well to be fair this is their 2nd Halo production- excluding the anniversary editions
> > Im just holding up my judgement till halo 6 fully comes out and see what ill then cause i can tell the transition from Bungie to 343i was tough on players.
> > Till then im just enjoying a Halo game
> > Also maybe they want to find ways on how they can implement the older guns and vehicles but frankly im not that big of a fan of having too many weapons being added back- to big of a weapon pool considering the addition of their variations
>
>
> After two terrible story modes im done with Halo. Halo 5 is the final game I will own…

Rest in pepperonis. I’ll make sure to play through H6’s campaign happily in your honor.

Edit: How did you not like Halo 4’s campaign?

I think the weapons may all make a comeback. I wouldn’t hold your breath for anything else on the list

To be honest its pretty redundant for most of these weapons to be added as there are already similar weapons that fill out the same role in Halo 5. Plasma caster pretty much does what the plasma launcher does with some overlap with the concussion rifle / brute shot. The hydra launcher is designed as an improvement of both the grenade launcher and sticky detonator.
We have blood of suban in place of the needle rifle.
The storm rifle was the perfect child of the plasma rifle and plasma repeater.
Binary rifle kinda replaces the focus rifle as a long range sniping laser, but wasn’t as good as the focus when hip rifle.
Mauler can’t really say.
Spiker and the afore mentioned vehicles would be Nic on top of the hawk, locust, and even the vulture from Halo Wars.
Locust would legit be the covenants version of the mantis as it actually had built in shields, a stomp ability, 1 sit for the pilot, just as mobile, can crouch and anti-air utility.

I know there seems to be some hesitation to agree to returninv these weapons in-game. Surely you miss them though and even though there are replacements you would still choose them and enjoy them. Or would you honestly stick to the usual stuff?

Sounds to me like the only solution here is for you to go back and play Reach.
Halo 5 is not a spiritual successor to Reach.

The tools and sticky detonator would be awesome!

Why does everyone want guns we’ve already had ?

Wouldn’t people prefer new original weapons that actually do something different ?

Certain things would be nice to add, but the rest isn’t. You talking about items that could have been in the Memories of Reach update. Because everyone loved using the Brute Shot, Hornet, Chopper, H3 and H4 BR in Reach. And adding to the fact of adding weapons that are only cosmetically different (H2 BR does not apply to this) is not necessary. That would basically be filling the game of absolutely useless content.

People already complain about the size of the Req pool and I think adding this laundry list of past weapons would make that worse. Like people have said there are already weapons in the game that are similar to old ones and there’s no point in adding similar ones for the sake of it.

As a franchise the game evolves. Some popular and decent weapons stay and some rightfully are confined to history (Pulse Grenade, Concussion Rifle). Plus the brutes are gone for the time being so why would Halo 5 have a whole bunch of Brute weapons in game?

If with every new game new weapons were simply added to the armoury of previous weapons then just think what Halo 10 would be like, there would be more weapons than players!

So, bring back ALL THE WEAPONS!!! would that be good? :wink:

> 2533274826317859;12:
> Why does everyone want guns we’ve already had ?
>
> Wouldn’t people prefer new original weapons that actually do something different ?

That’s exactly what this list screening to, “original” weaponry. It’s bad enough we get introduced to way too much new stuff since Halo 4 and abandon the old. Not clever.

> 2533274810077034;14:
> People already complain about the size of the Req pool and I think adding this laundry list of past weapons would make that worse. Like people have said there are already weapons in the game that are similar to old ones and there’s no point in adding similar ones for the sake of it.
>
> As a franchise the game evolves. Some popular and decent weapons stay and some rightfully are confined to history (Pulse Grenade, Concussion Rifle). Plus the brutes are gone for the time being so why would Halo 5 have a whole bunch of Brute weapons in game?
>
> If with every new game new weapons were simply added to the armoury of previous weapons then just think what Halo 10 would be like, there would be more weapons than players!

Just keep the old weapons for Halo 10, remove the REQ system with something superior.

I don’t want all that. If I wanted to play reach I’d go play reach

Added 2 extra tools: Radar Jammer + Power Drain. Without these people are forgetting the original meaning of a Halo. Not worship limited reqs with various upgraded versions of each weapon that you can’t use in forge and are actually rip offs of some of the original weapons, like the Needler carbine.

Complete agreement, these would all be amazing additions to the game!