Weapons in Halo MM seems wrong...

I am a little confused why the weapons of Halo especially in multiplayer are the way they are, and by that I mean the leathality of them. I visit the forums almost daily and learn what i can about Halo 4, i’ve seen alot of people talk about the DMR being the best weapon in MM…but why? the dmr is a human made weapon, shouldnt a covenant made weapon be better…and then of course a forerunner made weapon the best and last to unlock. It seems to be similar in all “classes” of weapons, people say the AR is greater then the forerunner’s suppressor…but i dont understand why.

I know that canon doesnt play a big part in multiplayer situations but shouldn’t alien races more advanced then us carry better weaponry then us?

We are still shooting bullets…compared to plasma and hard-light rounds. Is the weapons set up the way they are because people like to hear the sound of a DMR going off compared to the sound of a covenant carbine? or what is it?

> I am a little confused why the weapons of Halo especially in multiplayer are the way they are, and by that I mean the leathality of them. I visit the forums almost daily and learn what i can about Halo 4, i’ve seen alot of people talk about the DMR being the best weapon in MM…but why? the dmr is a human made weapon, shouldnt a covenant made weapon be better…and then of course a forerunner made weapon the best and last to unlock. It seems to be similar in all “classes” of weapons, people say the AR is greater then the forerunner’s suppressor…but i dont understand why.
>
> <mark>I know that canon doesnt play a big part in multiplayer situations but shouldn’t alien races more advanced then us carry better weaponry then us?</mark>
>
> We are still shooting bullets…compared to plasma and hard-light rounds. Is the weapons set up the way they are because people like to hear the sound of a DMR going off compared to the sound of a covenant carbine? or what is it?

It does.

OT: Why can’t humans have nice things?

I thinks it’s just out of custom. In Halo 1, the pistol was the go to weapon because of odd balancing that worked out for the most part. In Halo 2, the BR was easier to use, and easier to obtain than the carbine. Bungie didn’t seem to use the carbine too often. The BR became the replacement for the pistol. Then in Reach we had the DMR.

You would logically think the competitive community would have picked the Carbine over a burst weapon like the BR since it was single shot and took more shots to kill, and had a larger margin for error if you missed a shot. I will admit that Bungie left the Carbine out of starting weapon options for who the hell knows why later, so the custom just continued from 1, to 2, to 3. Reach had two single shot weapons. The DMR was probably picked because it was easier to use. Which also goes against competitive gamer logic.

> I thinks it’s just out of custom. In Halo 1, the pistol was the go to weapon because of odd balancing that worked out for the most part. In Halo 2, the BR was easier to use, and easier to obtain than the carbine. Bungie didn’t seem to use the carbine too often. The BR became the replacement for the pistol. Then in Reach we had the DMR.
>
> You would logically think the competitive community would have picked the Carbine over a burst weapon like the BR since it was single shot and took more shots to kill, and had a larger margin for error if you missed a shot. I will admit that Bungie left the Carbine out of starting weapon options for who the hell knows why later, so the custom just continued from 1, to 2, to 3. Reach had two single shot weapons. The DMR was probably picked because it was easier to use. Which also goes against competitive gamer logic.

The needle rifle was easy to use. I personally think the reasoning is because it’s more relatable to gamers and because we WANT a human weapon to be the best

I personally love using the alien weapons. I just cant, especially in MM because they arent on par compared to its human counterpart…I really hoped 343i wouldnt follow suit and have the Forerunner weapons be the beast of MM…atleast a few of them to be amazing anyway…

I personally have an affinity for alien weapons over human ones. We live in the real world with human tech every day, and I like being able to think outside the box with stuff that doesn’t make sense to us. The UNSC weapons are guns identical to ones we have today. I personally think it’s fun to try out the aliens weapons, regardless of how good they are. I always swapped an AR for the Plasma Rifle, or a BR for the Carbine because I originally liked the way they looked. Now I’m better with them because I played with so much.

Okay, I suck with the Plasma Rifle. But I’m good with the Carbine.

We don’t play games for realism. We play them for fun.

Nuff said.

I don’t think alien energy weapons would be that much more effective. Why? Because there is a defense against every weapon. As portrayed by Halo series so far energy weapons are better against shields and bullets against armour. Bullets just work differently they pierce and crush instead of burn and melt. My brains a mess right now since Halo 4 is coming out soon but It just makes sense to me that bullets work as well as plasma and lasers. They were designed to kill and that’s what they do. As for hard light? I have no idea. To me it seems to be like the best of both. Powerful burning energy that is able to be molded into and effective piercing/crushing projectile.

Since this game takes place a long time after Halo 3, there has been many advances in human technology thanks to the Engineers recovered on Onyx. In that time frame, the UNSC has updated there tech to be even or better then the Covenant.

What I’m saying is, from what I’ve seen, Human and Covenant weapons seem to be even, but Forerunner weapons are clearly superior since some of them have two fire modes.

> Since this game takes place a long time after Halo 3, there has been many advances in human technology thanks to the Engineers recovered on Onyx. In that time frame, the UNSC has updated there tech to be even or better then the Covenant.
>
> What I’m saying is, from what I’ve seen, Human and Covenant weapons seem to be even, but Forerunner weapons are clearly superior since some of them have two fire modes.

I agree with this. I can believe human arms can be equal to covenant ones now…ONI has had years with Huragok to advance our weapons…but the Forerunner weapons should be a step above, Hard-light should be the best ammunition one can fire.