Weapons and stuff

Having lots of weapons can be both good and bad. Good, because it gives players more choice when playing multiplayer, it could allow more variation on maps, so instead of having the same 6 weapons over 5 maps they have weapons unique to each map. Example, the map Truth could have a BR and a Covenant precision weapon, Regret could have the DMR and Lightrifle. A third map could have the BR and DMR. Fourth could have the Lightrifle and Covie Precision.

But it can also be bad, this is because it can be difficult to balance such a large number of weapons and some weapons can end up functioning too similarly.

One way that can help balance (though this will method I’m thinking of will take a fair amount of time) is to have a competitive playlist, where the weapons across the maps are few (The ones in the beta) so they can have the small tweaks that they may need. And a social playlist, where all the weapons are used, but only a few at a time (maybe rotate the weapons available every 2 weeks) So the first week the maps generally have the AR BR SMG plus Storm rifle(or plasma repeater which appears) Carbine and plasma rifle (this needs to return). You get the idea.

I’m a huge fan of plasma and needle weapons.
Now speaking of the Plasma Repeater. With plasma weapons having multiple variations, what would happen if they all were added. I’m talking the Storm, repeater, rifle and Brute rifle. How would this be balanced? We know the Storm and Repeater were made to be counterparts to the AR so can consider the Plasma Rifle a counterpart to the SMG. The storm rifle and repeater were stronger than AR in some form because of the fact you needed to lead your target. So the storm and repeater will probably be stronger, but since the repeater decreases fire rate as it heats up it should be a little stronger than the storm.
In halo 2 the Brute plasma rifle needed the same number of bolts to kill as the regular but heated up quicker because of its fire rate. This should stay as a factor.
Fire rate could be sorted out like this Brifle>Storm=Repeater>Prifle. Obviously the Prifle increases ROF as it fires as it did in previous games.

Needle weapons.
Needle Rifle is my all time favorite weapon, I don’t know why, it just is. We know the needler has changed constantly and it just either worked or didn’t. So Halo CE it was nice to use but it didn’t kill with the super combine, it required like 3 more needles to finish of the opponent. Halo 2, it was just useless in pvp. You needed a huge range advantage and duel wield it. Halo 3, it got better, it could finally kill on its own. Halo 4 it was usefull. Reach it needed the shield down first.
Now there’s a reason I left Reach last in the list. What if two variants of the needler was in it. A power weapon, the needler we all know and love needing 8 for supercombine. then a non power version, smaller, colored like the reach version and needed the shield down first but had better homing capability and needed 6.
Then there is also a needle pistol (yes this thing exists), what it this worked like the needle rifle without a scope, capable of headshots but only had enough ammo in a clip to break the shield and gain one supercombine?

What do you guys think.

> 2533274857165616;1:
> Having lots of weapons can be both good and bad. Good, because it gives players more choice when playing multiplayer, it could allow more variation on maps, so instead of having the same 6 weapons over 5 maps they have weapons unique to each map. Example, the map Truth could have a BR and a Covenant precision weapon, Regret could have the DMR and Lightrifle. A third map could have the BR and DMR. Fourth could have the Lightrifle and Covie Precision.
>
> But it can also be bad, this is because it can be difficult to balance such a large number of weapons and some weapons can end up functioning too similarly.
>
> One way that can help balance (though this will method I’m thinking of will take a fair amount of time) is to have a competitive playlist, where the weapons across the maps are few (The ones in the beta) so they can have the small tweaks that they may need. And a social playlist, where all the weapons are used, but only a few at a time (maybe rotate the weapons available every 2 weeks) So the first week the maps generally have the AR BR SMG plus Storm rifle(or plasma repeater which appears) Carbine and plasma rifle (this needs to return). You get the idea.
>
> I’m a huge fan of plasma and needle weapons.
> Now speaking of the Plasma Repeater. With plasma weapons having multiple variations, what would happen if they all were added. I’m talking the Storm, repeater, rifle and Brute rifle. How would this be balanced? We know the Storm and Repeater were made to be counterparts to the AR so can consider the Plasma Rifle a counterpart to the SMG. The storm rifle and repeater were stronger than AR in some form because of the fact you needed to lead your target. So the storm and repeater will probably be stronger, but since the repeater decreases fire rate as it heats up it should be a little stronger than the storm.
> In halo 2 the Brute plasma rifle needed the same number of bolts to kill as the regular but heated up quicker because of its fire rate. This should stay as a factor.
> Fire rate could be sorted out like this Brifle>Storm=Repeater>Prifle. Obviously the Prifle increases ROF as it fires as it did in previous games.
>
> Needle weapons.
> Needle Rifle is my all time favorite weapon, I don’t know why, it just is. We know the needler has changed constantly and it just either worked or didn’t. So Halo CE it was nice to use but it didn’t kill with the super combine, it required like 3 more needles to finish of the opponent. Halo 2, it was just useless in pvp. You needed a huge range advantage and duel wield it. Halo 3, it got better, it could finally kill on its own. Halo 4 it was usefull. Reach it needed the shield down first.
> Now there’s a reason I left Reach last in the list. What if two variants of the needler was in it. A power weapon, the needler we all know and love needing 8 for supercombine. then a non power version, smaller, colored like the reach version and needed the shield down first but had better homing capability and needed 6.
> Then there is also a needle pistol (yes this thing exists), what it this worked like the needle rifle without a scope, capable of headshots but only had enough ammo in a clip to break the shield and gain one supercombine?
>
> What do you guys think.

I have a thread similar to this about the full potential of the complete halo sandbox. And discussion about certain aspect of specific weapons is welcome

halo-s-full-sand-box-update-photos

> 2533274857165616;1:
> One way that can help balance (though this will method I’m thinking of will take a fair amount of time) is to have a competitive playlist, where the weapons across the maps are few (The ones in the beta) so they can have the small tweaks that they may need. And a social playlist, where all the weapons are used, but only a few at a time (maybe rotate the weapons available every 2 weeks) sider the Plasma Rifle a counterpart to the SMG.

I want an all DMR playlist. It is a MUCH more competitive weapon than the BR in precision rifle duels)take more timing and effort to place shots compared to BR)