Weaponless Gametypes Options

I want to make an Infection gametype similar to a zombie movie; zombies at every corner of the city, humans with nothing to protect themselves.

I want the humans to run for their lives, and scavenge for weapons like in the movies. I don’t think there’s a gametype like this yet. People modded plenty in Halo 3. I think we should have it for Reach in at least Custom Games.

And also (not that nessesary) it would be cool if we had an option where zombies had empty energy swords; it would simulate claws, eliminate lunge, and it would stop humans from picking up zombie weapons and using them. It’s be more realistic.

I don’t think a title update is needed to implement this(could be wrong) considering modders could do this in H3.

Thoughts?

> I want to make an Infection gametype similar to a zombie movie; zombies at every corner of the city, humans with nothing to protect themselves.
>
> I want the humans to run for their lives, and scavenge for weapons like in the movies. I don’t think there’s a gametype like this yet. People modded plenty in Halo 3. I think we should have it for Reach in at least Custom Games.
>
> And also (not that nessesary) it would be cool if we had an option where zombies had empty energy swords; it would simulate claws, eliminate lunge, and it would stop humans from picking up zombie weapons and using them. It’s be more realistic.
>
> I don’t think a title update is needed to implement this(could be wrong) considering modders could do this in H3.
>
> Thoughts?

Can you set clips on the starting weapon to 0? That might get what you’re aiming for.

I made a variant in H3 where Humans start with pistols, but have to scavenge for any other type of weapon. I don’t think you can start with zero weapons though.

In Halo3, where the plasma pistol was horrendously weak, people who didn’t want to give zombies swords gave them plasma pistols. I’m not sure it would work in any game where the plasma pistol can actually kill in, say, 10 shots like Reach though.

If you want to discourage camping, give zombies ways to safely access likely camping grounds. I found that High Ground in Halo three, with a teleporter for the zombies that allowed for access to the back of the base (spawned in after 90 seconds) and a grav lift for access to the laser loft, gave zombies enough ways to get inside that it became very hard for humans to camp.

> > I want to make an Infection gametype similar to a zombie movie; zombies at every corner of the city, humans with nothing to protect themselves.
> >
> > I want the humans to run for their lives, and scavenge for weapons like in the movies. I don’t think there’s a gametype like this yet. People modded plenty in Halo 3. I think we should have it for Reach in at least Custom Games.
> >
> > And also (not that nessesary) it would be cool if we had an option where zombies had empty energy swords; it would simulate claws, eliminate lunge, and it would stop humans from picking up zombie weapons and using them. It’s be more realistic.
> >
> > I don’t think a title update is needed to implement this(could be wrong) considering modders could do this in H3.
> >
> > Thoughts?
>
> Can you set clips on the starting weapon to 0? That might get what you’re aiming for.
>
> I made a variant in H3 where Humans start with pistols, but have to scavenge for any other type of weapon. I don’t think you can start with zero weapons though.
>
> In Halo3, where the plasma pistol was horrendously weak, people who didn’t want to give zombies swords gave them plasma pistols. I’m not sure it would work in any game where the plasma pistol can actually kill in, say, 10 shots like Reach though.
>
> If you want to discourage camping, give zombies ways to safely access likely camping grounds. I found that High Ground in Halo three, with a teleporter for the zombies that allowed for access to the back of the base (spawned in after 90 seconds) and a grav lift for access to the laser loft, gave zombies enough ways to get inside that it became very hard for humans to camp.

Not exactly. You can make it so projectile-type weapons have no SPARE clips. They still start with some ammo, just not alot. And you cant do it with energy swords.

I want it so humans have NO means of survival if they can’t find a weapon or vehicle before the zombies get to em.

The ability to spawn players with no weapons and/or with depleted weapons would be absolutely awesome.

Weaponless spawning is already known to be possible. If you suicide while playing Halo Chess (by flying out of the generated Soft Safe Boundary), you respawn as a Spartan/Elite with no weapon and two grenades. So the functionality clearly already exists; all 343 would have to do is give us access to it.

> The ability to spawn players with no weapons and/or with depleted weapons would be absolutely awesome.
>
> Weaponless spawning is already known to be possible. If you suicide while playing Halo Chess (by flying out of the generated Soft Safe Boundary), you respawn as a Spartan/Elite with no weapon and two grenades. So the functionality clearly already exists; all 343 would have to do is give us access to it.

Exactly. Even the noobs of the modding community could do this.

All we need is official access.

Please 343!

That or someone could make a mod like in H3.

While I’m not sure of 343i’s stance on mods that can only be used for the fun of everyone (I know every dev’s stance on BAD mods.), asking for mods like this in a thread probably isn’t wise.

But I have weaponless gametypes, but only for Slayer not Infection, it can be done.

> While I’m not sure of 343i’s stance on mods that can only be used for the fun of everyone (I know every dev’s stance on BAD mods.), asking for mods like this in a thread probably isn’t wise.

OP isn’t asking for a mod. They’re asking 343 to take something that currently exists as a mod, and turn it into a legit feature.

> > While I’m not sure of 343i’s stance on mods that can only be used for the fun of everyone (I know every dev’s stance on BAD mods.), asking for mods like this in a thread probably isn’t wise.
>
> OP isn’t asking for a mod. They’re asking 343 to take something that currently exists as a mod, and turn it into a legit feature.

Right.

Well first things first they need to make it so you dont look like you are holding a sword when you have no weapons.

> Well first things first they need to make it so you dont look like you are holding a sword when you have no weapons.

Exactly. When you hold an empty energy sword, your arms are by your sides, so it’s more realistic.