Weapon tuning test canon

I’m looking forward to all the new stuff in the Overtime update. But, since I love the lore and like to know if there’s a canonical reason for something, is there a canon explanation at this point for the changes to the weapons? Adjustments between games could be attributed to newer versions of guns such as BR55 to BR85. But, how will it work for changes within the same game? I had a thought that the UNSC eggheads found a few loose screws that make the guns work better :upside_down_face:

Please note that this is not a complaint or anything of the sort. I’m simply curious.

Nah there’s no canon to weapons being tuned

Game play only. Just making adjustments so the weapon is used as intended.

It’s safer to assume things like that are not cannon. I’m fairly sure (if there’s a cannon wizard around feel free to correct me) that in cannon personal energy shields are significantly weaker than in-game, only capable of absorbing a few rounds rather than half a mag. I’d therefore assume the power of weapons are greater in-cannon than in-game.

> 2533274826317859;4:
> It’s safer to assume things like that are not cannon. I’m fairly sure (if there’s a cannon wizard around feel free to correct me) that in cannon personal energy shields are significantly weaker than in-game, only capable of absorbing a few rounds rather than half a mag. I’d therefore assume the power of weapons are greater in-cannon than in-game.

With the shields its the other way round.On Master Chiefs armor,bullets simply bounced of,but plasma was incredibly lethal.
It can actually be possible that the test is canon,as its know that weapons work diffrent in the simulation then in the field(Selenes Lance,more recoil).

> 2533274824050480;1:
> But, since I love the lore and like to know if there’s a canonical reason for something, is there a canon explanation at this point for the changes to the weapons?

It never even occurred to me to ask this. You could make up some head-canon, like the simulation got changed for some reason, but I get the impression that 343 wants us to pretend things were like this all along. After all, they’re trying to make sure the weapons fit into their “intended role” which means, how they should have been. But I don’t know.

> 2533274824050480;1:
> I had a thought that the UNSC eggheads found a few loose screws that make the guns work better :upside_down_face:

Except almost all of the changes were nerfs

> 2533274824050480;1:
> I’m looking forward to all the new stuff in the Overtime update. But, since I love the lore and like to know if there’s a canonical reason for something, is there a canon explanation at this point for the changes to the weapons? Adjustments between games could be attributed to newer versions of guns such as BR55 to BR85. But, how will it work for changes within the same game? I had a thought that the UNSC eggheads found a few loose screws that make the guns work better :upside_down_face:
>
> Please note that this is not a complaint or anything of the sort. I’m simply curious.

except that most weapons will work worse after the update…

The Halo Gods said let there be weapon changes and magically all the weapons got changed.

I should clarify that by “better” I mean they will work as intended which could be interpreted as better in universe and in game. My mistake for not wording it correctly.