Weapon Tuning / Playlists

WEAPONS/
I feel that the community should re-address the weapon tuning update. It has been THREE years since the release of the weapon tuning update and I am not enjoying the game nearly as much I used to. The guns don’t feel as consistent as they used to and when I play the game the only viable loadout weapon in the game is the magnum. When 343 Industries made the game they built the guns specifically around the maps as well as each of the other guns. The weapons were best at launch. My problems with each of them are as follows:
Battle Rifle - Bursts do not feel accurate anymore and range is poor. Has trouble combating the magnum at all ranges.
Assault Rifle - Weapon was meant to combat the magnum in close quarters however now is a literal pea shooter. Reticle is too small and should return to the way it originally was in order to make it viable once again.
SMG - The thing used to tear people up however it’s starting ammunition loadout balanced it. Too weak, as well as a point blank range.
DMR - Way too slow of a fire rate and can not be used as effectively as it should be.
Covenant Carbine - Update changed this weapon’s purpose from a precision rifle into a spam gun.
Shotgun - Range was reduced more than it needed to be. The weapon purposely had only five shots to make up for its power in Arena modes.
Altogether the weapons were the best at launch. They were built around the maps that they spawned on and now nerfed to the point where the magnum rules all of game modes.
PLAYLISTS/
Now, there is only one playlist that I have a problem with and that is Team Arena. This game mode is way too different from any other halo playlist and quite frankly it feels more like a Call of Duty game. The way the radar functions is exactly like the mini maps in Call of Duty titles where they only detect gunfire and abilities, which brings me to my next point; the removal of spartan abilities as important as the spartan charge or the ground pound is a total mistake. The playlist is way too competitive, and the fact that the only weapons that appear on the map are different variants pistols is ridiculous. The reason that Halo has such a high reputation is it’s iconic guns and play styles and 343 Industries has slowly taken that away since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians. The weapon tuning update that was introduced in the Overtime update needs to be reverted.

Battered Rifle - Absolute trash. The only way I get a kill with it is when a player is nearby and already weak or I already had the first two shots.
Assault Rifle - This gun needs to be nerfed more if anything. It has bonus headshot damage which can kill a no shielded player with one shot to the head. I’m glad the reticle size was reduced now it takes more skill but still a very unskilled weapon. There is nothing I hate more than someone shooting me in the back so I turn around and make them oneshot then they switch to the AR.
SMG - This gun is definitely not as good as it used to be. It only works well within melee range, so why use it when you can melee?
DMR - Works well against the magnum at extreme ranges, even close range if your going for a 2 shot beatdown.
Carbine - It always seemed like a spam gun to me.
Shotgun - There is nothing wrong with the range, I think its fine.

> 2533274978628132;1:
> Now, there is only one playlist that I have a problem with and that is Team Arena. This game mode is way too different from any other halo playlist and quite frankly it feels more like a Call of Duty game. The way the radar functions is exactly like the mini maps in Call of Duty titles where they only detect gunfire and abilities, which brings me to my next point; the removal of spartan abilities as important as the spartan charge or the ground pound is a total mistake.

The playlist with some of the least amount of modern mechanics feels more like COD? Interesting.

> 2533274978628132;1:
> The playlist is way too competitive, and the fact that the only weapons that appear on the map are different variants pistols is ridiculous. The reason that Halo has such a high reputation is it’s iconic guns and play styles and 343 Industries has slowly taken that away since the launch of Halo 5: Guardians. The weapon tuning update that was introduced in the Overtime update needs to be reverted.

Makes sense to me seeing as how it is a ranked playlist. Also, it was the official setting for HCS which was used at tournaments. The only other variation of the magnum in this playlist is the tactical magnum which appears in 3 or 4 maps. There are also DMRs, Plasma Pistols, BRs, Snipers, Railguns, Boltshots, Needlers, a Plasma Caster and probably more. Seeing as how Infinite should be coming out in 4 months I doubt and wouldn’t want anything to change.

The BR is a turd for sure!

What about an increased shield damage and no headshot bonus for the AR? Still, it currently cannot
compete with the magnum.

And increased red reticle range for the BR?

BR needs better range than magnum. It needs a reason to be picked up. Right now, there is none.