Weapon tuning? Don't mean anything...

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

…until the lag is alleviated. Seriously Reach never lagged this badly, nor did Halo 3, so why is Halo 4 so laggy?

As said above, the new weapon tuning won’t mean anything until something is done about lag, because in the end all it would mean is that you still can’t hit the lagger, but they can hit you. Nothing’s changed…

> …until the lag is alleviated. Seriously Reach never lagged this badly, nor did Halo 3, so why is Halo 4 so laggy?
>
> As said above, the new weapon tuning won’t mean anything until something is done about lag, because in the end all it would mean is that you still can’t hit the lagger, but they can hit you. Nothing’s changed…

1. Halo 3 is released.

2. Halo 3 proves popular with the fan base due to fairness and balance.

3. Halo 3 retains a high population for several years.

4. A large population means more good connections and locations to connect to, so players don’t have to be so lucky to get a good game.

5. Halo 4 is released.

6. Halo 4 loses fan base due to overcasualized gameplay.

7. Halo 4’s population plummets to under 10% in under six months.

8. Players now have to be luckier getting into a game with a good connection.

Probably the best way I can explain it.

… you forgot poor Netcode, the Game has been laggy from Day one even with a higher Population…

this game sucks

> … you forgot poor Netcode, the Game has been laggy from Day one even with a higher Population…

Yeah even in the first weeks with the massive population, it still lagged more often than Reach or 3…

> … you forgot poor Netcode, the Game has been laggy from Day one even with a higher Population…

THIS.

The networking is just flat out awful, there’s been times I’ve experienced Halo 2 standby-like lag because I’m playing with people using wireless connections (3g/4g) and they pull host over DSL and cable users.

It’s so bad I refuse to play with people who use wireless and/or problem connections most of the time.