Weapon Timers

Is this entirely new for Infinite or was this in 5? Remove timers, a part of the skill ceiling in arena FPS is tracking timers on weapons.

The weapon timers are a good addition. In halo you have to "FIGHT" for power weapons. When everyone knows that rockets spawn in ten seconds it causes a battle for power. Not one person who plays 12 hours a day to perfectly time it and grab it for themselves all game. Halo is about weapon skill and fairness and what ever team comes out on top of the battle "EARNS" the power.

> 2535420001052046;2:
> The weapon timers are a good addition. In halo you have to "FIGHT" for power weapons. When everyone knows that rockets spawn in ten seconds it causes a battle for power. Not one person who plays 12 hours a day to perfectly time it and grab it for themselves all game. Halo is about weapon skill and fairness and what ever team comes out on top of the battle "EARNS" the power.

People still had battles over power weapons in older halo games without spawn timers.

> 2533274823797188;3:
> > 2535420001052046;2:
> > The weapon timers are a good addition. In halo you have to "FIGHT" for power weapons. When everyone knows that rockets spawn in ten seconds it causes a battle for power. Not one person who plays 12 hours a day to perfectly time it and grab it for themselves all game. Halo is about weapon skill and fairness and what ever team comes out on top of the battle "EARNS" the power.
>
> People still had battles over power weapons in older halo games without spawn timers.

Yeah that was the experienced players who knew where everything was and when it would be there leaving no room for new players to grab the good weapons. The weapon timers create equal opportunity to grab them and a fair fight between both teams. Without the timers older players who know where everything is and when it will be there absolutely just landslide new players that isn’t fun for everyone just the experienced player.

Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.

> 2533274791734613;5:
> Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, who will remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and players and intense battle except for those “veteran” tried to grab the heavy weapons silently.

Absolutely! Keep things fair between both teams a fair fight is always better!:+1:t3:

> 2535420001052046;6:
> > 2533274791734613;5:
> > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, who will remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and players and intense battle except for those “veteran” tried to grab the heavy weapons silently.
>
> Absolutely! Keep things fair between both teams a fair fight is always better!:+1:t3:

Remember some guys developed Halo Timer apps for those heavy weapons countdown at Halo 3 era? I felt a bit ridiculous at that time, Bungie why not just gave us timer on maps, most are casual players.

> 2533274791734613;5:
> Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.

Because without a decently high skill ceiling people will lose interest over time. I’m just stating that this is one method that older Halo’s used to add to the ceiling. I don’t think removing timers and the voice over is going to be detrimental to new players because they will learn where spawns are and how often they spawn just like everyone else playing the game.

> 2533274791734613;7:
> > 2535420001052046;6:
> > > 2533274791734613;5:
> > > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, who will remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and players and intense battle except for those “veteran” tried to grab the heavy weapons silently.
> >
> > Absolutely! Keep things fair between both teams a fair fight is always better!:+1:t3:
>
> Remember some guys developed Halo Timer apps for those heavy weapons countdown at Halo 3 era? I felt a bit ridiculous at that time, Bungie why not just gave us timer on maps, most are casual players.

Yeah they made things difficult for no reason. I like the timers it strikes an even balance between teams and allows better team cooperation if your playing with friends to all push for the power weapon!

> 2533274823797188;8:
> > 2533274791734613;5:
> > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.
>
> Because without a decently high skill ceiling people will lose interest over time. I’m just stating that this is one method that older Halo’s used to add to the ceiling. I don’t think removing timers and the voice over is going to be detrimental to new players because they will learn where spawns are and how often they spawn just like everyone else playing the game.

It is detrimental. it may be more skillful for experienced players but when new player are trying to learn a map and power weapon spawns but keep getting destroyed by the people who do have them it’s not fun at all. Maybe remove them for ranked playlists but social should absolutely keep the timers

> 2535420001052046;10:
> > 2533274823797188;8:
> > > 2533274791734613;5:
> > > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.
> >
> > Because without a decently high skill ceiling people will lose interest over time. I’m just stating that this is one method that older Halo’s used to add to the ceiling. I don’t think removing timers and the voice over is going to be detrimental to new players because they will learn where spawns are and how often they spawn just like everyone else playing the game.
>
> It is detrimental. it may be more skillful for experienced players but when new player are trying to learn a map and power weapon spawns but keep getting destroyed by the people who do have them it’s not fun at all. Maybe remove them for ranked playlists but social should absolutely keep the timers

That’s a good idea. You will always have skill gaps in players, no way to get around that. Smurfing is an example of this.

> 2533274823797188;11:
> > 2535420001052046;10:
> > > 2533274823797188;8:
> > > > 2533274791734613;5:
> > > > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.
> > >
> > > Because without a decently high skill ceiling people will lose interest over time. I’m just stating that this is one method that older Halo’s used to add to the ceiling. I don’t think removing timers and the voice over is going to be detrimental to new players because they will learn where spawns are and how often they spawn just like everyone else playing the game.
> >
> > It is detrimental. it may be more skillful for experienced players but when new player are trying to learn a map and power weapon spawns but keep getting destroyed by the people who do have them it’s not fun at all. Maybe remove them for ranked playlists but social should absolutely keep the timers
>
> That’s a good idea. You will always have skill gaps in players, no way to get around that. Smurfing is an example of this.

Social doesn’t have SBMM so I don’t think it will be a problem there. Smurfing is something that players do cant really stop people but either way if a new player jumps in ranked they usually know what there getting into. Ranked modes always have a description of what they are like and what rules and features are in place in them

I vastly prefer not needing to dedicate brain space to weapon timers to compete. That’s not a skill it’s just a chore.

> 2533274823797188;8:
> > 2533274791734613;5:
> > Why make things difficult for newcomers or even casual Halo players? If more than 20 maps, how many people would remember all exact respawn time and locations? It’s better for both team and intense battle, except for those “veterans” that trying to grab the heavy weapons silently without contest.
>
> Because without a decently high skill ceiling people will lose interest over time. I’m just stating that this is one method that older Halo’s used to add to the ceiling. I don’t think removing timers and the voice over is going to be detrimental to new players because they will learn where spawns are and how often they spawn just like everyone else playing the game.

you can have a high skill ceiling that doesnt focus on timers. At the end of the day, timers shift combat focus to specific areas of the map and you have knowledge of a timer will still give you an edge. However, the game being more upfront about timers (as others have stated) also makes the game more accessible to more people to then learn said timers and take advantage of them. Halo is ftp and most likely will have some of the most people that have never played a Halo game playing it. 343s priority should be to reduce the initial barrier for these players.

Higher skilled players that learn timers and maps will still dominate the match, even if some pwer weapon or pwer up spawns are called out for other players. Youd be shocked to realize how little people actually pay attention (so many games where it would call out OS and no one would go for it or ignore it).