Weapon Spawns. non-power weapons

Does anyone know where I can find a guide to where alllllll the weapons spawns are on alllll the maps. and if you do know, i’m really only looking for the SMG cause im silllly wit it.

A problem with weapon pickups in Halo is that a few weapons on the map would always overshadow the rest.

One reason I dislike the weapon notifications on the heads up display is that it builds on top of this problem. Since the HUD is constantly giving you directions on which weapon pickups to control, you’re only going to focus on those that the game tells you about. The weapons with HUD markers are going to have higher priority in your mind than those WITHOUT the markers. This heavily distracts the player from thinking about everything ELSE on the map, so it becomes way too much of a hassle to memorize it all while playing. The only way you’ll ever memorize the other weapon spawns (without the markers) is looking at it through forge, or having to ask people on the forums, when it should be natural while playing.

Not to mention the weapon notifications also remove the memorization and timing skill involved with the power weapons. Instead of knowing when the weapons spawn, the games just tell you about it. But that’s another issue entirely. Point is, the weapon notifications end up making it inconvenient for a player to memorize everything through playing. In Halo 1-3, learning every weapon spawn was a much more natural progression, while in Halo 5 it seems you usually have to study the map instead of memorizing through playing. Because you’re not going to care all that much to think about the weapons the game ISN’T telling you about.

If this was classic Halo, learning ALL the spawns wouldn’t be an issue for you, as the game HUD didn’t prioritize certain weapons over others

its different

Usually the strategy guides have maps with the weapons on them, I don’t know about H5 though.

OP I would suggest just running around and learning the spawns in game or do a custom game or forge.

Cyber Rexx - The “power weapons” on each map respawn at set intervals so no one can just sit on a sniper with one bullet and no one else gets it the entire match. Plus there is the gun runner medal. So there are new mechanics in play that are there to encourage map control of certain points. Seems to be working because the games I have played seen to keep on moving. The non-power weapons have different spawn mechanics. People can choose to not learn where they normally down but it seems like choosing to lose. (Sorry for off topic OP)

> 2533274846996547;5:
> OP I would suggest just running around and learning the spawns in game or do a custom game or forge.
>
> Cyber Rexx - The “power weapons” on each map respawn at set intervals so no one can just sit on a sniper with one bullet and no one else gets it the entire match. Plus there is the gun runner medal. So there are new mechanics in play that are there to encourage map control of certain points. Seems to be working because the games I have played seen to keep on moving. The non-power weapons have different spawn mechanics. People can choose to not learn where they normally down but it seems like choosing to lose. (Sorry for off topic OP)

Okay? So power weapons respawn at set intervals? You act like that’s something new. I play arena shooters all the time, so that’s like the most obvious thing you can tell me about weapon spawns.

Nothing you’ve said actually argued my point: Prioritizing three weapons on the map will heavily distract the player from learning the other spawns, because if a game is constantly giving orders like that, players are just going to wait for the orders. Why is a player going to care about the other weapons, when the game itself doesn’t care enough to give those weapons the same attention on the HUD? That’s just common sense. If the game doesn’t care, the player won’t care.

I played Halo 1-3, the weapon spawns were pretty basic there too. The only players who wouldn’t grab the weapons are those heavily against using it (the types of players with the silly "honor codes), or if its a player’s first time or two on the map. Anyone who regularly played Halo 3 would know the spawn times on the map. The difference is, the player isn’t essentially being told by the game “Oh, these weapons are more important than the others”, so they actually think for themselves. If a game itself acts like only certain guns matter in the midst of a match, that’s all the player is going to focus on.

A player with enough dedication can still learn the other weapon spawns. They can still do so in forge, customs, or looking at guides. But doing so in matchmaking is a lot more of a hassle. When I have green markers telling me where to go, my focus is going to be on the green markers, not on the weapons which don’t even get a label. The game prioritizes things, so the player prioritizes what the game does. That’s the point though. Learning the secondary weapon spawns is a lot more awkward to do than in previous games. It used to be just a matter of playing it a couple times and automatically knowing, but this time the game is actively distracting you by saying “Go for THESE weapons instead of the others!”

Same i just started and im looking for some of the good guns.

> 2533274884262643;7:
> Same i just started and im looking for some of the good guns.

Most of the maps have been updated a few times in the last couple years.

Please don’t revive old topics thanks