weapon spawning

I don’t know if anybody else caught this but

if you look at the gameplay picture you can see a circle with what looks like a pod in it with an arrow pointing to the right could this be how you know where the weapons drop.

it could even be a rocket launcher

it is, thats the waypoint for the rocket launcher spawn. throws up in disgust

It specifically says so on the page…

I think its an awful idea to put something like that that tells players where the weapons spawn on the map…

It gives unpracticed players a huge advantage over the players that have taken the time to learn weapon spawns…

Completely unfair and takes away from the very very important skill gap that needs to be in every game

Anyone else think that it will be setup like the way invasion slayer is?
Except instead of having to control a hill to get the weapons, there is just a timer showing the spot until the weapons drop in?

Regardless, its definitely going to be a different way of playing compared to normal halo but not necessarily the worst thing ever.

> I think its an awful idea to put something like that that tells players where the weapons spawn on the map…
>
> It gives unpracticed players a huge advantage over the players that have taken the time to learn weapon spawns…
>
> Completely unfair and takes away from the very very important skill gap that needs to be in every game

Assuming there are multiple places for a weapon to spawn that do not change, one would be able to form a plan for handling the different locations that the weapon spawns at.

Knowing where the weapon spawns is only one part of the equation. Figuring out the most efficient way of obtaining the weapon using map knowledge (that those new players still will not have) to put oneself in the best position for a fight is much more important in my opinion.

> I think its an awful idea to put something like that that tells players where the weapons spawn on the map…
>
> It gives unpracticed players a huge advantage over the players that have taken the time to learn weapon spawns…
>
> Completely unfair and takes away from the very very important skill gap that needs to be in every game

No to everything you said. It’s really no different than how Gears of War 3 works, in that game you press LB to view where weapons are, including power weapons, and there is still a HUGE skill gap in that game. Even with this new feature, a more experienced player will know how to take advantage of this. You make it sound like it’s a skill to memorize where weapons spawn, when in reality eventually everyone figures it out and there is still your precious skill gap that comes into play. Simply put, if you are truly better at the game I don’t think the fact that a noob knows where the rocket launcher is will affect you greatly. If you’re better, you will still be better, if a simple icon that notifies you of a rocket lauchers location affects your game that much, maybe you’re not that good to begin with?

> Anyone else think that it will be setup like the way invasion slayer is?
> Except instead of having to control a hill to get the weapons, there is just a timer showing the spot until the weapons drop in?
>
> Regardless, its definitely going to be a <mark>different way of playing compared to normal halo but not necessarily the worst thing ever.</mark>

Finally, someone who understands…

> > Anyone else think that it will be setup like the way invasion slayer is?
> > Except instead of having to control a hill to get the weapons, there is just a timer showing the spot until the weapons drop in?
> >
> > Regardless, its definitely going to be a <mark>different way of playing compared to normal halo but not necessarily the worst thing ever.</mark>
>
> Finally, someone who understands…

343 - “Let’s change everything that’s not broken until it is.”

> > > Anyone else think that it will be setup like the way invasion slayer is?
> > > Except instead of having to control a hill to get the weapons, there is just a timer showing the spot until the weapons drop in?
> > >
> > > Regardless, its definitely going to be a <mark>different way of playing compared to normal halo but not necessarily the worst thing ever.</mark>
> >
> > Finally, someone who understands…
>
> 343 - “Let’s change everything that’s not broken until it is.”

they wanted to try a brand new game… If you didn’t want then you should have left from the start cause they warned us…