Weapon skins and arena

Are we ever going to see other weapon skins in arena off pick up instead of only starting weapons. I feel like unlocking skins would be much more rewarding. Would it take much to make that happen?

OMG, are you asking for MORE weapon skins?!

Dude, please don’t.

> 2533274873204041;2:
> OMG, are you asking for MORE weapon skins?!
>
> Dude, please don’t.

No. Im asking that we can use our br skin in arena for example. Not swat. But legitimately arena. Instead of only being able to see pistol and ar skins. Dont really want to play swat or warzone to see skins on the rest of the weapons. Does anyone else agree. ?

Don’t agree. You’re essentially asking for BR starts (since weapon skins are only available to starting weapons) and the community has already gone through the whole BR vs AR start debate. You can always play custom games with different starting weapons.

It would please me to watch a spartan pick up a weapon and then crouch down while they apply their weapon decals. All while I sneak up behind them ready to assassinate them and take their shiny, newly decorated weapon.

I see where you are coming from, but it would be kind of weird to see the skins of the guns placed on maps change in front of your eyes like a chameleon every time some one different picks up a weapon just so they can have the skin that they want.

It was a creative choice for it to be like that. As far as programming it would not take much. In fact, it would be simpler than what they use already. But some players like the idea that when someone picks up their gun, they see the gun they had.
Again, it was a creative choice, and most likely will not change.

> 2533274856096264;4:
> Don’t agree. You’re essentially asking for BR starts (since weapon skins are only available to starting weapons) and the community has already gone through the whole BR vs AR start debate. You can always play custom games with different starting weapons.

No essentially im not… Im simply saying for weapons picked up. It would look normal just like when someone drops a pistol or ar. . U dont see there skin i believe… But if u pick it up you see the one u have equiped. Theres alot of people on here i see that try and argue on these forums. Its wierd constructive feedback only please.

Also i am not talking about warzone at all. Like not even a 3rd of a percent. Strictly arena. Idk just a more personalized experience i guess is what im getting at. I was just curious to see if anybody else would like to use there br skin in stronholds or slayer or ctf… or dmr or whatever players like to pickup in a match. Im not trying to start a poll to get 343 to make a fanboys wishes come true.

I can see its usefulness in Machinma’s, but I don’t see any benefit for the lag it woulf create every time some one picked up a BR.

> 2533274950478805;10:
> I can see its usefulness in Machinma’s, but I don’t see any benefit for the lag it woulf create every time some one picked up a BR.

Yeah lag would be a problem. But it shouldnt cause lag you wouldnt think.

> 2533274793135267;8:
> > 2533274856096264;4:
> > Don’t agree. You’re essentially asking for BR starts (since weapon skins are only available to starting weapons) and the community has already gone through the whole BR vs AR start debate. You can always play custom games with different starting weapons.
>
>
> No essentially im not… Im simply saying for weapons picked up. It would look normal just like when someone drops a pistol or ar. . U dont see there skin i believe… But if u pick it up you see the one u have equiped. Theres alot of people on here i see that try and argue on these forums. Its wierd constructive feedback only please.

Sorry bud, just trying to steer the conversation away from a potential turdshow.

As someone else said in this thread, the idea that you could kill someone with their own weapon is satisfying and awesome, but having your skin automatically apply to any weapon you pick up would absolutely remove that. If you came up against a 343 staff member you would potentially be able to tell by the 343i skins on weapons on the ground. It’d also be frustrating if you see someone with an awesome skin that you haven’t seen before, you go to pick it up and it’s immediately replaced with your crappy skin that you’re used to seeing too much.

There’s always custom games and stuff, maybe a social playlist in the future that can accommodate (Fiesta?).

> 2533274856096264;12:
> > 2533274793135267;8:
> > > 2533274856096264;4:
> > > Don’t agree. You’re essentially asking for BR starts (since weapon skins are only available to starting weapons) and the community has already gone through the whole BR vs AR start debate. You can always play custom games with different starting weapons.
> >
> >
> > No essentially im not… Im simply saying for weapons picked up. It would look normal just like when someone drops a pistol or ar. . U dont see there skin i believe… But if u pick it up you see the one u have equiped. Theres alot of people on here i see that try and argue on these forums. Its wierd constructive feedback only please.
>
>
> Sorry bud, just trying to steer the conversation away from a potential turdshow.
>
> As someone else said in this thread, the idea that you could kill someone with their own weapon is satisfying and awesome, but having your skin automatically apply to any weapon you pick up would absolutely remove that. If you came up against a 343 staff member you would potentially be able to tell by the 343i skins on weapons on the ground. It’d also be frustrating if you see someone with an awesome skin that you haven’t seen before, you go to pick it up and it’s immediately replaced with your crappy skin that you’re used to seeing too much.
>
> There’s always custom games and stuff, maybe a social playlist in the future that can accommodate (Fiesta?).

I see what your saying about the 343 thing. I guess i have just been so into the game i dont even notice other players skins. Maybe because i dont usually pick up another ar or pistol because i start with my own. I only swap out for br or dmr or power weapons. But you steered away from a turdshow. Lol just wanted to one day use a gold standard br on someone in mm. Oh well i guess.