Weapon Sets? Why 343.....

Seriously everything you guys were doing was great and then you had to throw in weapon sets for literally no reason. Not sure if you guys have seen the gameplay. But at the start of the game you can choose between an smg, plasma rifle, or magnum. That is not even starts. Its stupid, please just make Halo 2 without all this new age crap. Completely ruined my day.

UPDATE: I’m reading a lot of people in the comments saying we are overeacting, so I thought I’d post why its important this does not make the final game.

First of all here are just some of the problems that can happen.

1. The smg, PR combo become far too common due to the increase in those weapons.
  2. Spawning with plasma grenades breaks Vehicle combat, and also just shouldn’t be allowed period.
  3. It just is NOT equal starts, anyway you slice it. Even though it isn’t as dramatic as Halo 4 does not mean its good.

The reason this is a big deal is almost less about the actual impact on the game, and more about 343’s refusal to let go of unequal starts. The community has begged them for equal starts and the fact that they would thrown weapon sets in to Halo 2 of all games is like a smack to the face of its fans.

We DO NOT want them. The game needs to be Smg, pistol spawns and then have plasma rifles on the map to pick up. Seriously it just makes sense. Why should I have to choose between a pistol and an smg when the game should give me both to begin with. And the plasma rifle is a powerful pick up when dualiwelded. Does no one understand the Large impact on gameplay even this small change has?

Halo fans please understand the bigger picture. We can not give them even an INCH on this. If we act like we are ok with weapon sets, then they will never ever be completely removed. We need to put our foot down and stamp this broken concept out for good. Halo is better without it.

P.S. this post had nothing to do with hit markers or grenade indicators. It’s just about uneven starts.

Uh. Link please?

343i have returned weapon sets by popular demand and remember that the gameplay shown is probably pre-alpha therefore, very unfinished. There is also a chance 343 were playing a “small-arms” game.

Edit: Here you go Spartan link

I did see in a video where it had “pick a weapon set” , but they didn’t show what was in the weapon sets, source as to what you saw OP

> Uh. Link please?

Just go to IGn homepage and watch video. I gotta run or else id link

If you want to play Halo 2 without all that “new age crap” then you can. Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 2 have completely different multiplayers.

> I did see in a video where it had “pick a weapon set” , but they didn’t show what was in the weapon sets, source as to what you saw OP

You could choose plasma rifle, smg, or pistol,

pause at the start of the match

Hmmm looks like most of my time will be on classic halo 2. I thought the majority of people wanted same weapon starts? Guess this is what halo has become.

Oh well I still have my older halos.

I logged on to post about this but you beat me to it. I’m praying it’s just an alpha thing and that they’ll take it out when the actual game comes out, but that seems unlikely :frowning: Can someone get a confirmation from 343?

> pause at the start of the match

“Choose Weapon Set” …And that’s all. Then everyone spawns with a single BR.

Here’s a link with the weapon sets. Obviously a different gamemode than what the pros were playing.

If its those 3 choices I don’t mind it much. Remember players can play as Spartans or Elites, it would make sense if the Elites had a choice to start with a plasma rifle instead of an SMG or AR just saying.

> 343i have returned weapon sets by popular demand and remember that the gameplay shown is probably pre-alpha therefore, very unfinished. There is also a chance 343 were playing a “small-arms” game.
>
> Edit: Here you go Spartan link

Sorry to bump but can you give me a source/link? Seems very unlikely they would bring back such a widely hated feature.

Different starting weapons is not what went wrong with halo. I wouldn’t worry about this one detail.

Let me spawn with a CC 343i!

> If you want to play Halo 2 without all that “new age crap” then you can. Halo 2 Anniversary and Halo 2 have completely different multiplayers.

I truly hope so!

Can’t wait to give both a try.

> Different starting weapons is not what went wrong with halo. I wouldn’t worry about this one detail.

For halo 5 i heard Quin saying that everyone will start on equal grounds in the halo 5 guardians.

halo is halo. if you love the game play it!!

Because H2A is not supposed to be a carbon copy of H2. That’s what the H2 in the MCC is already. You want to play that? Go nuts! H2A was always going to have some tweaks, that was expected. Not sure why it’s a surprise?

> Because H2A is not supposed to be a carbon copy of H2. That’s what the H2 in the MCC is already. You want to play that? Go nuts! H2A was always going to have some tweaks, that was expected. Not sure why it’s a surprise?

Reason why it’s such a suprise is, I thought (or at least hoped) 343 was done with the loadout crap and was going to stick to ‘fair spawns’, especially after how bad the H4 multiplayer was compared to previous titles. If they’re putting this into H2A, it’s probably gonna be in H5 and beyond, which will kill the franchise for me and many other (multiplayer wise, which is by far my favorite part). At least I have all 4 campaigns and original MPs.

> > Because H2A is not supposed to be a carbon copy of H2. That’s what the H2 in the MCC is already. You want to play that? Go nuts! H2A was always going to have some tweaks, that was expected. Not sure why it’s a surprise?
>
> Reason why it’s such a suprise is, I thought (or at least hoped) 343 was done with the loadout crap and was going to stick to ‘fair spawns’, especially after how bad the H4 multiplayer was compared to previous titles. If they’re putting this into H2A, it’s probably gonna be in H5 and beyond, which will kill the franchise for me and many other (multiplayer wise, which is by far my favorite part). At least I have all 4 campaigns and original MPs.

> .@Halo 5: Guardians Beta = equal starts with maps tailored for 4v4 Arena combat. Best team wins. No excuses.

Source