Weapon Progression (or maybe REGRESSION)

I’ll start with CE. As you know, it was mostly basic weapons (ar, magnum, shotgun, etc. but no BR/DMR)

Now, Halo 2. There was the addition of the BR and SMG, along with dual wielding.
Halo 2 had so much in-your-face combat, it was -Yoinking!- awesome.

Halo 3 had slightly LESS of the in-your-face combat from Halo 2, but it had weapons such as the spiker, and the mauler (both dual wield-able).

And then Reach… It takes place before Halo CE, yet it has the addition of the DMR, which seemed at release an undeveloped BR (or so I thought). Reach did not have dual wielding. And in a lot of games seemed to be erring on the side of long-range combat, due to the DMR’s range.

NOW HALO 4. Who kicked the bucket here,guys? Oh this just in-Chief has lost his dual wielding abilities, probably due to a level rollback, causing a loss in skill points -__- Anyways, we lost the Brute weapons (spiker, mauler etc.), no surprise really. But now that I think about it… Isn’t the hammer still around? The ugly Promethean weapons took the place of the brutes’ weapons. And for some reason, awhile passed Halo Reach took place, the DMR was apparently remade, into the best gun ever (sigh). The BR got weaker. So… The DMR, which was used before Chief’s reign… Is now better than the BR, which Chief was using in his prime…

Let me sum this up

Boo Hoo the BR isn’t King anymore Boo Hoo

I mean I don’t see why you people love H3 so much. To be honest I liked H:CE, H2 was okay, and H3 sucked. Reach was damn good, and H4 has been pretty good also. I don’t understand why everyone like to think h3 was the best.

Fist I hated that H3 was a one gun game, aka the BR. I never really cared for the Br. I liked the CE pistol better, and the DMR functions more like the CE pistol ergo I like the DMR better than the BR.

Second the CSR or ranking system ruined Halo, back in the CE days no one gave a hoot what their K/D was, because it wasn’t tracked. People actually played the game for fun… SHOCKING I know. Plus the CSR just promoted a bunch of boosters and people yelling about the size of their e--Yoink!-… It was annoying…

The AA’s are just what the game needed! They took a formula that was getting stale and made it fresh again. They saved Halo, period. I went back and tried H3 again not too long ago and it was super boring now when I compare it to a game with AA’s. H3 style gameplay is back in 2007 for a reason.

Rant over.

> Let me sum this up
>
> Boo Hoo the BR isn’t King anymore Boo Hoo
>
> I mean I don’t see why you people love H3 so much. To be honest I liked H:CE, H2 was okay, and H3 sucked. Reach was damn good, and H4 has been pretty good also. I don’t understand why everyone like to think h3 was the best.
>
> Fist I hated that H3 was a one gun game, aka the BR. I never really cared for the Br. I liked the CE pistol better, and the DMR functions more like the CE pistol ergo I like the DMR better than the BR.
>
> Second the CSR or ranking system ruined Halo, back in the CE days no one gave a hoot what their K/D was, because it wasn’t tracked. People actually played the game for fun… SHOCKING I know. Plus the CSR just promoted a bunch of boosters and people yelling about the size of their e--Yoink!-… It was annoying…
>
> The AA’s are just what the game needed! They took a formula that was getting stale and made it fresh again. They saved Halo, period. I went back and tried H3 again not too long ago and it was super boring now when I compare it to a game with AA’s. H3 style gameplay is back in 2007 for a reason.
>
> Rant over.

All i’m getting at is the weapon progression doesn’t make sense. I never even mentioned 90% of what you said.

> > Let me sum this up
> >
> > Boo Hoo the BR isn’t King anymore Boo Hoo
> >
> > I mean I don’t see why you people love H3 so much. To be honest I liked H:CE, H2 was okay, and H3 sucked. Reach was damn good, and H4 has been pretty good also. I don’t understand why everyone like to think h3 was the best.
> >
> > Fist I hated that H3 was a one gun game, aka the BR. I never really cared for the Br. I liked the CE pistol better, and the DMR functions more like the CE pistol ergo I like the DMR better than the BR.
> >
> > Second the CSR or ranking system ruined Halo, back in the CE days no one gave a hoot what their K/D was, because it wasn’t tracked. People actually played the game for fun… SHOCKING I know. Plus the CSR just promoted a bunch of boosters and people yelling about the size of their e--Yoink!-… It was annoying…
> >
> > The AA’s are just what the game needed! They took a formula that was getting stale and made it fresh again. They saved Halo, period. I went back and tried H3 again not too long ago and it was super boring now when I compare it to a game with AA’s. H3 style gameplay is back in 2007 for a reason.
> >
> > Rant over.
>
> All i’m getting at is the weapon progression doesn’t make sense. I never even mentioned 90% of what you said.

Weapons evolve over time. Does it make sense that the BR and Magnum got nerfed? No. But the BR was replaced with an all-around better weapon platform.

People always gravitate towards the OP weapon and will defend it with their internet lives to keep it OP to avoid having to relearn the game if it gets nerfed. Especially if after it gets nerfed they start losing all their battles because other players were learning how to use every weapon while they were only learning how to use one weapon.

CE had the Magnum, 2 and 3 had the BR, Reach had the DMR. We’re now witnessing how terrible this mentality has gotten with Halo 4. People are complaining because people are using an OP DMR, but they’re only going to complain as far as it takes to make their BR OP. Player are so afraid of learning new skills and relying on old ones and won’t stop until their skills are the dominating kind.

Have a look at Gears of War. People were happy calling the game Shotguns of War, or even Gnashers of War. Then Gears 3 comes out, with an OP double barrel shotgun and they go insane. They didn’t want to relearn the game and use another one, they kept complaining until the DBS was nerfed and their Gnasher was OP again. After that was done, they started complaining that the Gnasher wasn’t as OP as it was in previous games, hiding behind the terms “skills” to push their agenda.

It got so bad that during a weekend event that had no shotguns, their K/D ratio became 0.1 against my K/D ratio of 30. They just didn’t want to learn the overall game, just their niche playstyle. They complained until a “Gnashers only” playlist was created just for them. But still doesn’t stop them from dragging their playstyle into other playlists.

Oh God how I hate GoW because of that damn overpowered shotgun…

I don’t want anything overpowered. I want balance. The DMR just shouldn’t have as much range as it does for one. As a weapon you can have in your loadout, it has far too much range.