Weapon Priority System?

I know this is something present in other games, but it seems that Halo hasn’t had much of an issue with this.

I play quite frequently and sometimes the game just seriously wants to piss me off to the point that I want to break it. Usually these come in pairs (literally) as I don’t get mad that often, but once the crap starts rolling downhill, it continues the rest of the night. Basically 1 bad thing leads to another.

That leads to how I felt last night playing. I understand how weapon swaps aren’t too big a deal, but when it presents itself to cause a turning point in a game, then it’s getting to the point that it’s a bit ridiculous. Now, I’ve had the issue where I’ll accidentally pick up a weapon and be like, “crap, I didn’t want this.” and then swap for the correct weapon I went for in the first place.

But what about when the weapon you want won’t be picked up because of how the game handles pickups? It’s limited sometimes. I literally spent 10 seconds trying to pick up a Sniper on Sword Base, but couldn’t because there were 2 other weapons directly on top of it (AR and Plasma Pistol). Yes, it was a competitive game, and yes, I died trying frantically to get it. We lost because in the end they got it and held a good control of the top floor after that. I’m a seasoned Veteran at the series, and a higher-then-decent player, so it’s nothing to do with that. Sometimes the game is just super-poor about weapon pickups.

That’s why I really would’ve wished people would’ve asked for a Weapon Priority System. Basically it’s a menu that has the weapon you prefer “most” at the top, and weapons you rarely want to grab towards the bottom. You can swap and move weapon positions how you like, that way in game if multiple weapons are laying on top of each other, the system will look at your Weapon Priority and will put the higher rated weapon on your list available for pickup. This would solve the issue of playing Multi-team games with 500 ARs, Magnums, and Needlers on top of 1 power weapon and having problems picking up that 1 weapon.

Anyone agree that this staple should’ve been introduced in Halo 4?

I like your idea but there may be issues on what weapon you would wanna pick up in certain situations.

I think holding X should bring up a little menu and you can scroll through the weapons in a pile.
that way you can choose what weapon you want outta a pile of weapons.

> I like your idea but there may be issues on what weapon you would wanna pick up in certain situations.
>
> I think holding X should bring up a little menu and you can scroll through the weapons in a pile.
> that way you can choose what weapon you want outta a pile of weapons.

I can understand where you’re coming from, but the % chance of that is so slim it’s less than 1% of the time it would happen. I’m sorry but I’m choosing a Sniper over ARs and DMR’s over Magnums. Or even Shotguns over Concussions. The reality is you won’t see the problem of Power weapons on Power weapons and picking up the wrong one. It’s always crap sidearm weapons covering Power weapons that pisses me off once in a blue moon.

I think this is being made into a much bigger deal than it it. I would rather 343 spend the time it would take to implement this on something else that helps gameplay more.

A simple fix to this problem; As you press ‘X’ move any direction, and when you swap weapons, the weapon you drop will be thrown 4 or 5 feet in the direction you move. So there is no pile when you do this.

This is already in Reach and it works fine.