Weapon/loadout questions

i need help here… it is my understanding we have like 10 ordinance/power weapons,
what makes the SAW a power weapon? the footage we’ve seen isnt valid because those players did not have full shields, so why cant it be a primary weapon, or at least easily obtainable… PLUS, the Ammo goes fast, and the reload time looks sorta leanthy…

my loadout question is, how many slots can u have? the most ive seen is 5…

also, what are all of the primary and secondary weapons we can use in our loadouts? are there seriously only 3 secondary weapons???

SAW looks like a regular gun. It should be a primary.

> SAW looks like a regular gun. It should be a primary.

i agree

• The saw is too beefy to be a spawn weapon, and with it’s reload time and ammo count it would be a terrible spawn weapon for anyone looking to stay alive for more than 3 kills.
  • As for slots you get to pick your
  1. Primary
  2. Secondary
  3. Grenade
  4. Support Upgrade
  5. Tactical Package
  6. Armor Ability

along with several armor combinations to choose from.

• And we only have 2 confirmed secondarys… But im sure there will be more than a couple.

> SAW looks like a regular gun. It should be a primary.

Nah, then they have to remove the AR. The SAW fits the same role, an automatic with great power, deadly at close but bad at range, only difference is that SAW is faster, has more ammo and probably more effective.
However, for certain gametypes like Spartan Ops, or even BTB/BTB Heavies, replacing AR with SAW could be a great idea. BR/DMR would still kill it at ranged battle so it would be quite balanced, but it could also damage light vehicles like warthogs to prevent early spawn killing.

I hope to see a Primary LMG in future Halos, but I think the other weapons as well as map size needs to be changed to support it. Small maps + LMG = just to effective…
Not to mention a tripod/dipod so that you could get slightly better accuracy with the weapon while crouching.

> i need help here… it is my understanding we have like 10 ordinance/power weapons,
> what makes the SAW a power weapon? the footage we’ve seen isnt valid because those players did not have full shields, so why cant it be a primary weapon, or at least easily obtainable… PLUS, the Ammo goes fast, and the reload time looks sorta leanthy…
>
> my loadout question is, how many slots can u have? the most ive seen is 5…
>
> <mark>also, what are all of the primary and secondary weapons we can use in our loadouts? are there seriously only 3 secondary weapons???</mark>

This is the best current information I can give you in regards to the highlighted portion, I found it to be a fun and informative threat:

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst103493_Pick-your-COMPLETE-Halo-4-Loadout.aspx

Well SAW while it has a long reload time is still one of the highest DPS guns in halo. Needless to say its range is horrible but at CQC,it is unmatched except maybe against an energy sword or canon. It shoots very fast meaning enemy shields will drop at an alarming rate and it also has quite a lot of bullets per clip so definitely can’t be a load out weapon.As for the slots,you get to choose a main weapon and a side arm(magnum,plasma pistol or boltshot)The secondnary weapon can be swapped for a second primary gun if you use the firepower tactical package. Grenades slots are the frag,plasma and pulse. The armour ability is like jetpack,active camo etc that you see in campaign. Tactical package give you battlefield advantages such as faster reloading which compliment different weapon selections. For support packages,they are like buffers that give you slighr advantages over your enemies if used wisely like faster shield recharge or unlimited sprint.

The SAW is too OP for it to be a primary weapon, just fire it in bursts at range and you’ll mow down just about anything.

Anyway, here are the loadout weapons:

Primary:

Assault Rifle

Storm Rifle

Suppressor

Battle Rifle

Carbine

DMR

Lightrifle

Secondary:

Magnum

Plasma Pistol

Boltshot

I should also mention that you can have another primary as your secondary with the firepower tactical package. If you do this, its best to pair an automatic with a precision weapon.