Weapon Ideas for Halo 4

Hey guys, I just wanted to make a thread to discuss my hopes and ideas for the weapons not yet revealed, an to hear some other hopes and ideas as well.

1. First I would like to talk about my ideas for forerunner weapons. I hope they create a long range weapon like the sniper rifle. I think it’s really interesting how the scatter shot disintegrates enemies. So, I think it would be cool to make the forerunner sniper like a charging weapon where if you want to fire a weaker shot like the sniper rifle you can or you can charge it up and it kills with a body shot. If you just normal fire it, it would kill like the sniper, but if you charge it up, it causes the disintegration from the point of impact, like if its a head shot they would be headless, then disintegrate from there.

2. There should be a forerunner melee weapon in my opinion. I don’t know if you guys saw, but the Promethean Knight had this sort of orange spear kind of thing attached to it’s arm. I think it would be cool if it was kind of like a charge weapon. What if the reticle turned red like the energy sword, but from a medium distance. The charge would be like a slower sprint where you hold the spear out in front of you. Something like the bayonet charge in GOW3, if you’ve seen that. It should be able to be canceled if you are under fire, but any opinions on this idea? I think it may be a little overpowered.

3. A Forerunner secondary should be in the game. I have two ideas for what it could be. One could be a smaller version of the sentinel beam with lesser attributes to match. Another could be a smaller long range weapon. I think this because the magnum is mid-range and the pp is close range. There should be a secondary that you can use at a longer range than the magnum, but I don’t have any ideas for it, post below if you have one, please.

4. One of my hopes is that the SMG returns. It would make sense as a secondary so that it is less powerful than the assault rifle with less range. Although I had an idea that was interesting. Perhaps it could be made a primary where it has higher damage than the AR with less range, just a thought.

5. This last one is a hope and an idea. The hope is that the beam rifle returns. That would be great, but I have an idea that could possibly replace the beam rifle as the covenant long range weapon. I liked the idea of the needle rifle in Reach, I just hated that it replaced the carbine. If they made it long range it would be much better. Just imagine having like a foot long needle fire out of the gun and impale someone. That would be sweet!!!

So, those are my ideas and hopes. Please list yours below and discuss!

Uh, any ideas? Opinions?