Weapon despawn times are ridiculous.

Online, I understand it. You get weapons and ordnance drops so much it doesn’t matter much if your weapon despawns three seconds after you die, but campaign? Really?

Am trying to do a solo Legendary run, but it is getting increasingly difficult because weapons I drop for a few seconds disappear. I left a pistol and ARs for a few seconds on a mission to grab a railgun and kill some Forerunner turrets and when I got back they were gone. Not even a minute and a half elapsed. A tiny bit later I carry a turret behind cover, drop it and use a DMR to kill Crawlers and less than forty seconds later my turret is gone and all I have is a shotgun and an empty DMR against piles of assorted Prometheans.

And those were just instances in the last hour.

How in the hell did any of you do this with the game coding literally fighting you? I love just about everything else about this game, but the weapon despawns…

Yeah its annoying, I lost my sniper rifle to the weapons fairy, didn’t even leave me any money for it.

> Online, I understand it. You get weapons and ordnance drops so much it doesn’t matter much if your weapon despawns three seconds after you die, but campaign? Really?
>
> Am trying to do a solo Legendary run, but it is getting increasingly difficult because weapons I drop for a few seconds disappear. I left a pistol and ARs for a few seconds on a mission to grab a railgun and kill some Forerunner turrets and when I got back they were gone. Not even a minute and a half elapsed. A tiny bit later I carry a turret behind cover, drop it and use a DMR to kill Crawlers and less than forty seconds later my turret is gone and all I have is a shotgun and an empty DMR against piles of assorted Prometheans.
>
> And those were just instances in the last hour.
>
> How in the hell did any of you do this with the game coding literally fighting you? I love just about everything else about this game, but the weapon despawns…

Hmm … I’ve never had a problem with weapons despawning in Campaign.

Odd, indeed.

wrong! online it also sucks

> wrong! online it also sucks

But in Online it is due to frame rate and the fact the Loadout weapons are so strong. And it’s also a bit of punishment for dying, if you die with a power weapon there’s going to be a good chance you just lost that weapon.

Mostly for frame rate and preventing lag through

> > Online, I understand it. You get weapons and ordnance drops so much it doesn’t matter much if your weapon despawns three seconds after you die, but campaign? Really?
> >
> > Am trying to do a solo Legendary run, but it is getting increasingly difficult because weapons I drop for a few seconds disappear. I left a pistol and ARs for a few seconds on a mission to grab a railgun and kill some Forerunner turrets and when I got back they were gone. Not even a minute and a half elapsed. A tiny bit later I carry a turret behind cover, drop it and use a DMR to kill Crawlers and less than forty seconds later my turret is gone and all I have is a shotgun and an empty DMR against piles of assorted Prometheans.
> >
> > And those were just instances in the last hour.
> >
> > How in the hell did any of you do this with the game coding literally fighting you? I love just about everything else about this game, but the weapon despawns…
>
> Hmm … I’ve never had a problem with weapons despawning in Campaign.
>
> Odd, indeed.

I’m sorry OP, but I’ve never had your problem! In Campaign it seems like weapons despawn much slower. They will still despawn and if you move far away that will also happen.

Just be careful with what weapons you drop and keep on hand one fully loaded precision weapon as much as possible along with a CQC or power weapon.

Agreed, it makes SpOps so much harder when all the power weapons keep despawning and all the enemies are just bullet sponges