Weapon Customizations for Aesthetic Purposes Only?

So I know almost everyone hates the thought of Weapon Customizations for a couple reasons (all observed)

-We want to spawn on a equal playing field
-It’s to CoD.

Well would you like it if weapon customizations were for aesthetic purposes only? It would kind of be like the armory and customizing your armor. There wouldn’t be anything extreme, but here are a few examples-

ODST SMG
SMG

Now as you can see, the ODST SMG has the silencer and the scope. I think it’ll be a cool addition if we can add those on our guns. Remember it will not affect gameplay. I think it’ll be pretty cool! And what if every weapon has different customizable options.

Remember this is just a thought, no need to flame or anything, thanks :slight_smile:
Thoughts?

What would happen if you picked up another person’s weapon? And how would you customize weapons you dont spawn with?

> What would happen if you picked up another person’s weapon? And how would you customize weapons you dont spawn with?

When you pick up another person weapon, It automatically looks like yours. When you’re going to pick up a weapon off the spawn, it looks default (remember there not major changes, so basically only you can see them) And if you havn’t customized a weapon, then it looks like the default model.

Edit- You would customize them by going to the armory, and picking the weapon to customize.

love it :smiley:

> love it :smiley:

Customization is so that other people can see your ideas. why in ODIN’S name would you not want to show off something you designed. so the fact that only you can see this is dumb. And honestly… This is HALO. not cod.

im all for armor customization but no loadouts and no weapon crap. render times would lag and the maps would have to compensate for all of the combination types.

> Customization is so that other people can see your ideas. why in ODIN’S name would you not want to show off something you designed. so the fact that only you can see this is dumb. And honestly… This is HALO. not cod.
>
> im all for armor customization but no loadouts and no weapon crap. render times would lag and the maps would have to compensate for all of the combination types.

1. Do you really pay attention to other peoples armor? No, you want to kill them. Same goes with this, It’s just for you.( And how about you show of your gun in the lobby)

2. that’s a terrible argument. CoD is not a bad game. it’s not the best game though. We can share Ideas from them

> So I know almost everyone hates the thought of Weapon Customizations for a couple reasons (all observed)
>
> -We want to spawn on a equal playing field
> -It’s to CoD.

More games use weapon customization than just COD, it’s just people think of COD with every thing other than Halo items, because it’s one of the big 3 major FPS games right now, Crysis has weapon customization, in fact, Crysis 1’s weapon customization was epic, not like COD’s and Battle Fields, where you picked your attachments before the game or when you’re waiting for respawn, but you can switch weapon attachments on the fly in game in real time. Yeah you may think it wasn’t that level of a playing field, but it was assassination moves, you can get killed when you’re switching attachments.

I know I wouldn’t bother with it but I wasn’t crazy about changing my armor around either (just give me The Chief’s armor and I’m happy). But I can’t see how it would hurt anything gameplay wise so why not.

I don’t really care for weapon customization, but if this were to happen I would prefer that when I pick up someone else’s weapon it would look like how they had it. Also, I think only the weapons you spawn with should be customized. Would be kinda weird to have a weapon that spawned on the map magically have someone’s customizations on it just because they touched it.

> I know I wouldn’t bother with it but I wasn’t crazy about changing my armor around either (just give me The Chief’s armor and I’m happy). But I can’t see how it would hurt anything gameplay wise so why not.

Exactly :smiley:

> > So I know almost everyone hates the thought of Weapon Customizations for a couple reasons (all observed)
> >
> > -We want to spawn on a equal playing field
> > -It’s to CoD.
>
> More games use weapon customization than just COD, it’s just people think of COD with every thing other than Halo items, because it’s one of the big 3 major FPS games right now, Crysis has weapon customization, in fact, Crysis 1’s weapon customization was epic, not like COD’s and Battle Fields, where you picked your attachments before the game or when you’re waiting for respawn, but you can switch weapon attachments on the fly in game in real time. Yeah you may think it wasn’t that level of a playing field, but it was assassination moves, you can get killed when you’re switching attachments.

Yeah I know, but most people compare things with COD on this forum. And that sounds pretty cool :slight_smile:

Would be a nice addition.