Weapon Customization Mega Thread

This topic is made to have thoughts on customization of weapons, and how it could be integrated into Halo like it was in H4 and H5. This topic could also possibly be used to improve Halo 5 itself, but is mostly used for Halo in the long run. I have come up with a couple of ideas, and it would be great to here from many of you.

Questions to consider:
Should there be customizable weapons in Halo?
What should we be able to customize?
What could be added to/removed from customization of weapons?
Should there be any other weapons that could be somewhat customized?

Please comment below some ideas on this subject. Please be respectful

Some of my ideas:
Instead of having to shovel through a bunch of weapons with sights and attachments, I think the system should be more customizable under the weapons themselves.
For example, Weapons could be customized by the sights you put on them, along with skins and attachments, by EARNING them. So, an you would unlock an SMG and then have to earn certain parts of the SMG to be able to attach them, and you could be able to use it as a set class-type weapon in a game.

I have not thought of many other weapons that should be customized, but if elites were playable, then

As long as you earn customization pieces in general, I’m fine with it.

Some things I consider to be removed in customization is only the bayonets. At least decrease the lunge of them or eliminate them all together.

I haven’t come up with any other weapons that could be customized, but if weapon drop pods became a thing again, it would be cool to have your own skin for the weapon you spawn in, such as a SPKR skin with the SPKR you spawn.

Like my post if you agree. Comment down below for feedback on the topic.

> 2533274874014416;1:
> This topic is made to have thoughts on customization of weapons, and how it could be integrated into Halo like it was in H4 and H5. This topic could also possibly be used to improve Halo 5 itself, but is mostly used for Halo in the long run. I have come up with a couple of ideas, and it would be great to here from many of you.
>
> Questions to consider:
> Should there be customizable weapons in Halo?
> What should we be able to customize?
> What could be added to/removed from customization of weapons?
> Should there be any other weapons that could be somewhat customized?
>
> Please comment below some ideas on this subject. Please be respectful
>
> Some of my ideas:
> Instead of having to shovel through a bunch of weapons with sights and attachments, I think the system should be more customizable under the weapons themselves.
> For example, Weapons could be customized by the sights you put on them, along with skins and attachments, by EARNING them. So, an you would unlock an SMG and then have to earn certain parts of the SMG to be able to attach them, and you could be able to use it as a set class-type weapon in a game.
>
> I have not thought of many other weapons that should be customized, but if elites were playable, then
>
> As long as you earn customization pieces in general, I’m fine with it.
>
> Some things I consider to be removed in customization is only the bayonets. At least decrease the lunge of them or eliminate them all together.
>
> I haven’t come up with any other weapons that could be customized, but if weapon drop pods became a thing again, it would be cool to have your own skin for the weapon you spawn in, such as a SPKR skin with the SPKR you spawn.
>
> Like my post if you agree. Comment down below for feedback on the topic.

So like… In other first person shooters? Because that’s really what Halo needs right now… To copy other fps games…

Skins, that is the only thing

I like Halo 5’s loadout customization, although it could be more organized in the REQ menu.

I’m still a fan of customizable emblems then being able to put that emblem on your weapon.

We have had the same emblen since Halo 3 now in H5 we have to have a different emblem.

What bugs me about different sights on weapons is that, it’s very clear that particular sights work with those particular weapons as they’re intended.
But you’re right, we need a way to customize it as it is.

I want to have different types of ammo that you can chose from (WZ only, of course.) Maybe just regular FMJ ammo, then maybe heavier rounds that hit shields harder but cycle through the gun slower, and then maybe High-Velocity ammo that deals strong health damage but have reduced magnetism.

> 2533274976607648;4:
> I like Halo 5’s loadout customization, although it could be more organized in the REQ menu.

Agreed.