Weapon comparaison

Hey,

I am a new player of halo reach and I just want to know if I could find a list with all weapons dommage, realoading time, reach and things like that. Just to know the best weapon depending of the situation or witch weapon I should use against other.

> Hey,
>
> I am a new player of halo reach and I just want to know if I could find a list with all weapons dommage, realoading time, reach and things like that. Just to know the best weapon depending of the situation or witch weapon I should use against other.

the DMR works for about every range. just be careful tho. if you and someone else 1v1 each other with DMR’s only, even if you shoot better you wont always win (because of spamming winning for some reason).

the pistol is also incredible at close range.

Thanks you. I also find something great on http://hxcfps.com/guides/93-halo-reach/135-weapons-guide.This guide is not perfect but it’s perry sweet.

Here is a weapon comparison between the AR and other weapons. It’s done at a range where bloom’s spread and weapon projectile speed are all but smallest of influences.

Now as ranges increase, factors begin to influence how each weapon works but there are some general guidelines.

1. Plasma-based weapons are projectiles and have to be led with greater care at any range over their ballistic counterparts. The exception is the Focus-Rifle. They also tend to have greater shield damage characteristics. They are more effective against shields than health.

2. Ballistic-based weapons are hit-scan. But they have a bloom mechanic that causes them to become more inaccurate with sustained/quick firing. Paced and pulsed shots are much more accurate then what is called spammed-shots and the amount of pacing/pulsing depends on the range and cover available. Fully rested reticles have the benefit of nearly pin-point computer assisted accuracy. They tend to be less effective against shields but more effective against health.

3. Needle-based weapons are special. The Needler requires you to maintain a red-reticle lock for the needles to track the enemy. The Needle-Rifle is a projectile-precision weapon. Both require 6 shots to drop the enemy’s shields and then 6 of the Needler or 3 of the NR will cause the enemy to explode. The needles themselves cause only 1 bar of damage per 2 hits.

4. The 2 main combat weapons are the Designated Marksman Rifle (DMR) and the Needle Rifle (NR). The first is what is called a “utility weapon” while the second is made for player vs. player combat. Utility doesn’t mean “rules all in most situations,” it means it can be used in most if not all situations. There is almost always a better niche weapon than the utility weapon in each range that should present a greater threat to said utility weapon.
    The DMR is a x3 scoped, 15 round mag. marksman rifle that damages vehicles as well as health. Crouching causes the DMR bloom reticle to shrink quicker. It takes 4(5) shots to a Spartan’s (Elite’s) shields to drop them. It then takes either 1 shot to the head or 3 shots to the body to kill the enemy afterward. It is meant to be usable across all ranges against any target (except the tanks) but its accuracy when rapid fired prevents it from being overpowered in any range but long-distance. At long-distance, the Sniper Rifle, Focus Rifle and Spartan Laser are the only weapons that can effectively counter this weapon in 90% of the circumstances.
    The Needle Rifle as said is a PvsP weapon. It is very accurate in most combat ranges and can be rapid fired with less detrimental effects than the DMR. It is x2 scoped, 21 round mag. doesn’t damage vehicles and the needles ricochet off of hard surfaces (there was even going to be a medal for it). It takes 6(7) shots to a Spartan’s (Elite’s) shields to drop them. It then takes either 1 shot to the head or 3 shots to the body to kill the enemy afterward. A player can more easily rapid fire the NR in the less than long-ranges a DMR can for more consistent shooting. The trade-off is that the NR is a projectile. The NR has to be led as ranges increase and it MUST be rested completely to get an accurate shot at great distances. At those long distances, a DMR user can crouch and out-shoot the NR, but the NR will have an easier target to hit in doing so.
    In short, the DMR will get any job done at any range, but there is a better non-powerweapon at any range but long.

5. All ballistic weapons fire within their reticles. The Pistol fires outside of its circle reticle but maintains them within the expanding cross-hairs. The AR maintains its bullets within its expanding cross-hairs that don’t exit the circle reticle. The DMR has spherical expanding circle reticle while the NR (non-ballistic) has a rectangular expanding reticle that is slightly more wide than high. The Sniper has a single expanding reticle but can only be fired about 100ms before optimal bloom reset. The Shotgun fires all of its pellets inside its reticle that doesn’t have any bloom.

6. Grenades have impact damage. They can kill an unshielded enemy or drop an enemy’s shields enough that a Frag explosion will kill. Frags do as much damage as a single Sniper bullet in the epicentre. They will remove shields and 3 bars of health that will recharge back to full. Plasmas (stickies) will kill an enemy within a few feet. They will also stick to players and vehicles. They can be shot out of the air or on the ground if dropped by a dead player.

7. Melees are 1-hit kills from behind. Hold the melee button to initiate an animation. They can be used to block a sword user, but only once. Players can also trade melee hits if both execute them within a certain time.

I have to go so I had to trickle the last 2 out quickly.

> > Hey,
> >
> > I am a new player of halo reach and I just want to know if I could find a list with all weapons dommage, realoading time, reach and things like that. Just to know the best weapon depending of the situation or witch weapon I should use against other.
>
> the DMR works for about every range. just be careful tho. if you and someone else 1v1 each other with DMR’s only, even if you shoot better you wont always win (because of spamming winning for some reason).
>
> the pistol is also incredible at close range.

Sorry to say it, but I think you’re waaaaay off in your understanding of the DMR…

The DMR is NOT the best at every range. It is the best at medium-long range. Like some other guns in Reach, the DMR becomes less accurate when you fire too quickly, making it more difficult to use at short range. The trick is to watch your reticule as it “Blooms” between shots. After you fire, wait until your reticule shrinks back down to its original size before you fire again. This will keep you as accurate as possible.

The crappy bloom effect doesn’t even punish spammers.

It’s not suppose to. Punishing players is not the idea. Rewarding cunning and skill is the idea of bloom. The same idea was applied to Halo3’s spread in its precision weapons.

The NR fits in very nicely where the BR used to as they have very similar inaccuracies across the same ranges. It just doesn’t damage vehicles that well. It will damage heavily damaged vehicles and weakspots. The DMR however damages everything but the tank armour with relative effectiveness. Of course, weakspot shooting with the DMR is best.

If you don’t have to worry about vehicles, carry a NR and other of your choosing. If you don’t have a heavy or powerweapon, your Pistol as a trust worthy backup and a very decent starting weapon. The bloom and mag. count are as they are to prevent the Pistol from being used like a DMR, but its rate of fire lets it defend itself against anything in close-quarters-combat with appropriate movement and/or teamwork.

If you do have vehicles to worry about, at least carry a DMR and NR if you can’t get a decent heavy or powerweapon. Once you do find your heavy or powerweapon, you have a choice, either take the NR to take on the infantry or keep the DMR to take on the vehicles and gain that extra punch at long-range. A Plasma-Pistol and either DMR or NR will do great against most anything you come up against.

But don’t let the AR fool ya. It is weak against shields, shreds health in a couple bursts and it is very accurate when burst shot. It does ok damage against vehicles too. I suggest tossing it away before the Pistol, but if you can manage to learn how to use the AR like a surgeon, all the power to ya. In Reach, bloom makes it possible.

everything thy reaperMC has said is pretty much spot on. the only things i would edit are the last 2 bits about grenades and melee. good work thy reaperMC! lots of good information for this new guy :smiley:

> 6) Grenades have impact damage. They can kill an unshielded enemy or drop an enemy’s shields enough that a Frag explosion will kill. Frags do as much damage as a single Sniper bullet in the epicentre. They will remove shields and 3 bars of health that will recharge back to full. Plasmas (stickies) will kill an enemy within a few feet. They will also stick to players and vehicles. They can be shot out of the air or on the ground if dropped by a dead player.
>
> 7) Melees are 1-hit kills from behind. Hold the melee button to initiate an animation. They can be used to block a sword user, but only once. Players can also trade melee hits if both execute them within a certain time.
>
> I have to go so I had to trickle the last 2 out quickly.

with grenades, they should be treated as mini nukes because thats basically what they are. if you have grenades (frags specifically) and you dont have a power weapon, try to lead with a grenade. not only can grenades kill fully shielded people if they are missing a tiny bit of health, they can also kill fully health’d opponents if they are missing a sliver of shields. if they arent killed, they will be an easy headshot away from dying. if you arent actively seeking grenades and memorizing their spawn points, and scavenging dead bodies for them, YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG. grenades are INCREDIBLE in reach. not only that they are pretty simple to use. throw about ~4 grenades and you’ll be a grenade master in no time lol.

as for melees, you can block the sword with a melee infinite times. im pretty sure it drains shields / health every time, but ive blocked it 3 times in a row before i died, so that bit is wrong.

also, unless you know the EXACT distance, dont try to shoot in melee situations because if they have even 1% shields and you melee them, your melee will only remove that last 1% of shields (meaning it is a wasted attempt). shooting to get ahead is NOT VIABLE 100% of the time like it was in halo 3. the easiest way to approach melee battles in reach is to wait till they are within melee range, then melee them at the same time they melee you, then jump backwards and headshot them. that, or you can go for the double melee kill, just try to incorporate a jump behind one of their shoulders to MAYBE dodge their second melee (just make sure it doesnt mess up your second melee in the process, if you miss the second melee and they hit yours you’ll be dead and they will be alive). basically what this means is, if they are sprinting at you they will probably try for the double melee kill. when they do this, dont even bother shooting because sometimes it simply isnt viable, and use said method instead.

> The crappy bloom effect doesn’t even punish spammers.

The bloom is a very simple mechanic. It is not punishing or rewarding players at random.

It is simply telling the player “This is how accurate your gun is at this exact moment”. It is up to the player to decide when to pull the trigger.

There is nothing random about bloom. Your bullet will always hit within your reticule. So, if you’re using the DMR, and your enemy is so close to you that they completely fill your reticule even when its bloomed all the way out, then fire as fast as you like: you will hit them 100% guaranteed. If your enemy is farther away, then don’t pull the trigger until your reticule has shrunk back down and your target fills the circle again.

Thanks you everyone you give me lot of really good explaination. (specialy reapermc and urza) but I had some problem to see the difference between some weapons like AR vs brute spiker and the Plasma Repeater vs Plasma Rifle. They look the same to me.

> Thanks you everyone you give me lot of really good explaination. (specialy reapermc and urza) but I had some problem to see the difference between some weapons like AR vs brute spiker and the Plasma Repeater vs Plasma Rifle. They look the same to me.

understanding those weapons doesnt really matter that much. the only playlist that you really start with them in is invasion (maybe action sack i dont really play that). just aim to use the DMR / needle rifle / or pistol if you can. memorize where those weapons spawn on the map so you can get them fast if you dont start with one of them already. power weapons are also key to success, these include the sniper rifle, rockets, grenade launcher, shotgun, sword, focus rifle, and hammer. im probably forgetting 1 or 2 also XD.

do you want some pointers on how to be a better player? or are you only interested in gun stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

No thank you :stuck_out_tongue: I’M begining to learn them by playing.