Weapon Coating FOMO tactic. Have you noticed this?

Have you ever come across a bulldog or sniper laying on the map that’s already been picked up by another player? You pick it up for yourself yet the weapon coating doesn’t change to what YOUR chosen coating is for that specific gun. You get stuck using the coating of the previous player who touched that weapon.

I know in the grand scheme of things this is such an insignificant issue given the current climate of the game as a whole but this is just another slap in the face when it comes to individual preferences and customization choices as individuals.

There’s a few ways to look at this issue but none of them are good:

1. They truly don’t know how to program weapon coatings varying from player to player
  2. This issue didn’t even cross their mind when creating the game
  3. They’re forcing players to use different weapon coatings to give them a taste of what the coating looks like in-hand, to potentially push them to make a purchase in the store

Confession, I actually like limited, rare items that not everyone can obtain. I guess that could boil down to me just being a product of American consumerism…but that’s not my point. The point is, if I pay for, earn, or apply a weapon coating to a specific gun - I expect to see it on that gun every time I use it!

1 Like

I actually like the way it works.

If i pick it up off the rack its MY gun. But if i pick it up off someone’s corpse its their gun that I took cause they died.

2 Likes