Weapon Bloom

I think it’s strange that there are certain weapons with weapon bloom and others without. For example the battle rifle has no weapon bloom. I think it should be all weapons have bloom or none do. Speaking of weapons. They sound AMAZING!

> 2535437346874632;1:
> I think it’s strange that there are certain weapons with weapon bloom and others without. For example the battle rifle has no weapon bloom. I think it should be all weapons have bloom or none do. Speaking of weapons. They sound AMAZING!

It’s weird however it makes each weapon feel special and unique.

They should allow us to customize that ourself.
And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.

I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.

> 2533274804048421;3:
> They should allow us to customize that ourself.
> And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.
>
> I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
> My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
> In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
> I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.

You seriously think being able to disable bloom willingly is a good idea balance wise? You know that it represents the spread of your cone of fire from prolonged use of the weapon, right?

Being able to disable that would mean the weapon has no increase in spread, and if that were the case… who would willingly give up their weapons accuracy/stability?

> 2533274816257608;4:
> > 2533274804048421;3:
> > They should allow us to customize that ourself.
> > And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.
> >
> > I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
> > My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
> > In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
> > I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.
>
> You seriously think being able to disable bloom willingly is a good idea balance wise? You know that it represents the spread of your cone of fire from prolonged use of the weapon, right?
>
> Being able to disable that would mean the weapon has no increase in spread, and if that were the case… who would willingly give up their weapons accuracy/stability?

Yes I believe its a great idea. It doesn’t affect the balance one bit.
Changing the weapons crosshair to static doesn’t mean it won’t recoil.
You just remove the crosshair animation.

I highly recommend checking out the game Valorant and going to the options menu. They have an entire UI section for the crosshair customization alone.

Many players play with the bloom on and off and it’s no concern for dispute. Its totally up to the player to decide what the crosshair looks and feels like.
It has zero effect on the guns recoil mechanics.

> 2533274804048421;5:
> > 2533274816257608;4:
> > > 2533274804048421;3:
> > > They should allow us to customize that ourself.
> > > And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.
> > >
> > > I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
> > > My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
> > > In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
> > > I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.
> >
> > You seriously think being able to disable bloom willingly is a good idea balance wise? You know that it represents the spread of your cone of fire from prolonged use of the weapon, right?
> >
> > Being able to disable that would mean the weapon has no increase in spread, and if that were the case… who would willingly give up their weapons accuracy/stability?
>
> Yes I believe its a great idea. It doesn’t affect the balance one bit.
> Changing the weapons crosshair to static doesn’t mean it won’t recoil.
> You just remove the crosshair animation.
>
> I highly recommend checking out the game Valorant and going to the options menu. They have an entire UI section for the crosshair customization alone.
>
> Many players play with the bloom on and off and it’s no concern for dispute. Its totally up to the player to decide what the crosshair looks and feels like.
> It has zero effect on the guns recoil mechanics.

Bloom shows you how tight your grouping is, I don’t see a benefit to disabling that.

> 2533274816257608;6:
> > 2533274804048421;5:
> > > 2533274816257608;4:
> > > > 2533274804048421;3:
> > > > They should allow us to customize that ourself.
> > > > And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.
> > > >
> > > > I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
> > > > My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
> > > > In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
> > > > I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.
> > >
> > > You seriously think being able to disable bloom willingly is a good idea balance wise? You know that it represents the spread of your cone of fire from prolonged use of the weapon, right?
> > >
> > > Being able to disable that would mean the weapon has no increase in spread, and if that were the case… who would willingly give up their weapons accuracy/stability?
> >
> > Yes I believe its a great idea. It doesn’t affect the balance one bit.
> > Changing the weapons crosshair to static doesn’t mean it won’t recoil.
> > You just remove the crosshair animation.
> >
> > I highly recommend checking out the game Valorant and going to the options menu. They have an entire UI section for the crosshair customization alone.
> >
> > Many players play with the bloom on and off and it’s no concern for dispute. Its totally up to the player to decide what the crosshair looks and feels like.
> > It has zero effect on the guns recoil mechanics.
>
> Bloom shows you how tight your grouping is, I don’t see a benefit to disabling that.

I can see how tight my grouping is with it off aswell. That is totally subjective. I’ve played many games without a crosshair bloom and do just fine.

Obviously you favor bloom,
but for those that don’t, they should be able to toggle it off.

If you feel your bloom is better for you, fantastic.
that’s the beauty of a fully customizable crosshair.

> 2533274804048421;3:
> They should allow us to customize that ourself.
> And allow us to toggle the bloom on or off.
>
> I just made a topic surrounding fully customizable crosshairs.
> My idea was to model after the game Valorant.
> In wich they allow you to fully customize the color, size, style and effect.
> I’m kinda tired of the same crosshairs game after game.

fully customizable crosshairs would be very cool :smiley:

And you mean CS, CS was there before Valorant^^ (sorry for being a smart -Yoink-)

I’m quite happy with how the weapons function actually. If it was like Reach I’d spit chips but currently as they are I think they’re quite fair in terms of how they’re supposed to be used.