Weapon Balancing petition

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

As you may know, the recent weapons update has left much to be desired. The DMR is checked and balanced (for the most part) And the carbine is now worth using. But among the significant changes were the changes to the Battle Rifle, commonly referred to as the “B.R”.

At first, Using the battle rifle felt good! Four shots, fast rate of fire, little to no bloom, manageable scope and ridiculous bullet magnetism! But the more I played with it the cheaper I felt… While using the B.R I got a plethora of ridiculously “cheap” kills, kills I didn’t deserve.

Regardless of the skill level and regardless of the weapon, the Battle rifle reined supreme. Just a poorly placed frag grenade could take care of the enemies’ shields for me so I could take them out with ease!

And the sad part is that so many people actually believe the Battle Rifle is a “Skill Weapon”. Along with Promethean vision and the boltshot, anyone can take down skilled players without batting an eyelid!

Please answer the poll. It is a petition to nerf the B.R. Not a damage nerf, not a range nerf, just a rate of fire nerf. Nerf the rate of fire so that it is comparable to its Halo 3 counterpart. Give Lightrifle, carbine, A.R, and DMR users a chance against this monstrosity!

I haven’t played the weapon balance gameplay, but I’ve always felt that the decision to not decrease the BR’s RoF by a noticeable margin was a bad idea. I got most of my kills with the BR pre-update, and with it getting a damage boost and nothing bad that sounds like it would be besting other weapons and be OP.

If anyone thinks I’m wrong, go ahead and explain why. I really don’t think it sounds balanced as is.

Before Halo 4 got the Tuning, I didn’t use the DMR because it felt OP, now I feel the same about the BR, I’m all for it

The only issue with the BR is how easy it is to use. The bullet magnetism on it is way too high. Either that needs to be reduced, or maybe another slight RoF nerf.

Though, it’s not NEARLY as big of a problem as the DMR was.

The DMR was a big issue, And they did something about it! I am hoping they will do something about this big issue as well.

> The only issue with the BR is how easy it is to use. The bullet magnetism on it is way too high. Either that needs to be reduced, or maybe another slight RoF nerf.
>
> Though, it’s not NEARLY as big of a problem as the DMR was.

Bullet Magnetism on everything is really high. If you lower that you will increase the skill gap, but the weapon’s average kill times will get longer. It’s a solution that could work, but it could be a turnoff to new players or any noobs that are still playing Halo 4.

Thanks for your input Assassin! I just hope more voters will check this out!

Your poll is pretty biased.

Halo 4 does not require any skill. There is no skill required for ANY weapon. 343i designed Halo4 to be a casual game…

Ironic how the human weapons are the problem…

> Halo 4 does not require any skill. There is no skill required for ANY weapon. 343i designed Halo4 to be a casual game…

Well, ain’t that constructive!

> > The only issue with the BR is how easy it is to use. The bullet magnetism on it is way too high. Either that needs to be reduced, or maybe another slight RoF nerf.
> >
> > Though, it’s not NEARLY as big of a problem as the DMR was.
>
> Bullet Magnetism on everything is really high. If you lower that you will increase the skill gap, but the weapon’s average kill times will get longer. It’s a solution that could work, but it could be a turnoff to new players or any noobs that are still playing Halo 4.

let them learn how to play a Halo game. A halo game should be a competitive, skill based game. Not a friendly, casual game that helps out noobs.

343i needs to increase the skill gap.

I’ve heard the BR is now 1.39s instead of 1.45

I can definitely support a very slight ROF nerf, but nothing else is needed.

Halo 3 had a 1.5s BR. We don’t need it to be that slow.

> > Halo 4 does not require any skill. There is no skill required for ANY weapon. 343i designed Halo4 to be a casual game…
>
> Well, ain’t that constructive!

Well, it is constructive because it’s the truth…

> > > Halo 4 does not require any skill. There is no skill required for ANY weapon. 343i designed Halo4 to be a casual game…
> >
> > Well, ain’t that constructive!
>
> Well, it is constructive because it’s the truth…

That’s not how CC works. You need to actually try to help, instead of senselessly bash.

> > > The only issue with the BR is how easy it is to use. The bullet magnetism on it is way too high. Either that needs to be reduced, or maybe another slight RoF nerf.
> > >
> > > Though, it’s not NEARLY as big of a problem as the DMR was.
> >
> > Bullet Magnetism on everything is really high. If you lower that you will increase the skill gap, but the weapon’s average kill times will get longer. It’s a solution that could work, but it could be a turnoff to new players or any noobs that are still playing Halo 4.
>
> let them learn how to play a Halo game. A halo game should be a competitive, skill based game. Not a friendly, casual game that helps out noobs.
>
> 343i needs to increase the skill gap.

Ah yes, “true Halo”. As if.

I did a frame rate analysis a while back and hear are the current kill times. I hope this is helpful.

I do agree the BRs ROF should be toned back a tad. I think it should be 1.43s not 1.37s. Plus I’m still a little sad they didn’t lower the aim assist on any of the utility weapons.

What a ridiculously biased poll.

The BR is fine the way it is. I feel the game is now balanced.

> What a ridiculously biased poll.
>
> The BR is fine the way it is. I feel the game is now balanced.

He gives you the option of keeping it the way it is. Even though he dramatizes the option, I don’t see what your point is.

> What a ridiculously biased poll.
>
> The BR is fine the way it is. I feel the game is now balanced.

Why? because the BR is now OP and the BR lovers can now demolish with it with ease?

It is funny how everyone cried about the DMR being OP and how it should be nerfed and BR should be stronger because ZOMG it was the ToD on H2 and H3!

But now that the BR is op its perfectly fine because well it is the BR.