BR___4(12)[12]__3(8)[9]__5(13)[15]__7(20)[21]__1.8s____12[36]____2

DMR__4_________3_______5__________7_________1.5s____14________2

CC____7_________5_______8__________12________1.6s____18________2

LR____5(14)[15]__3(8)[9]__5(15)[15]__8(22)[24]__1.9s____12[36]____2

LRS___3_________2_______4__________5_________1.4s____12________3

Mag___5_________3_______6__________8_________1.3s_____8_________1

Bolt___10________6_______11_________16________3.3s______10_______0

Pl.P___4__________8_______X__________12________2s______12_______1

Notes: the Plasma Pistol overheats at 12 shots when shot as fast as the game allows. It has 50 shots per battery, giving it the ability to kill 4 enemies max (6 if using ammo support upgrade).
The Bolt Shot’s and Plasma Pistol’s charge abilities are not factored into the chart.

Key:

HSK = Head Shot Kill _ BSK = Body Shot Kill _ MTTK = Minimum Time to Kill

MKPM = Maximum Kills Per Magazine _ CC = Covenant Carbine _ LR = Light Rifle

LRS = Light Rifle Scoped _ Mag = Magnum _ Bolt = Bolt Shot (no charge)

Pl.P = Plasma Pistol (no charge)

No Parenthesis/Bracket = number of times you pulled the trigger for 3-burst guns

Parenthesis = the number of bullets that actually helped for 3-burst guns

Bracket = the number of bullets actually fired for 3-burst guns; bullets in clip

PAGE 7: THE PLAN BEGINS. NERF THE MAGNETISM AND THE PISTOL PLANS ARE ON THIS PAGE.

PAGE 8: PRECISION PRIMARY PLAN, ASSAULT PRIMARY PLAN CAN BE FOUND HERE.

CHECK PAGE 7 & PAGE 8 FOR THE PLAN.

ALL READERS, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK.
IT KEEP THE FORUM ALIVE.

Good test very informative.

Your I deals not bad but unfortunately it’s easier to nerf the DMR then it is to buff the other guns.

But very good work +1

> Good test very informative.
> Your I deals not bad but unfortunately it’s easier to nerf the DMR then it is to buff the other guns.

If the DMR were to be nerfed, it would be too much a pain for use. Everyone would just switch to the Light Rifle’s scoped ability. Remember, we don’t want the DMR to be made useless in it’s special niche. Remember Reach.

I agree that the DMR is overpowered but making the BR and LR a 4 shot kill would make them waaay too good and make the DMR nearly useless. Just lower the rate of fire on the DMR and it will be good.

Buffs do sound nice on paper but without care they could break other weapons. Automatics for instance are already at a disadvantage to precision weapons, buffing precision guns more would increase that disadvantage even moreso, possibly to the point of uselessness. The DMR already can defeat an AR even up close…

I think personally that it’d be easier to nerf the few to bring them in line with the rest than to buff the rest to bring them up to the few.

great post keep it up on the main page so all the noob can see it

> I agree that the DMR is overpowered but making the BR and LR a 4 shot kill would make them waaay too good and make the DMR nearly useless. Just lower the rate of fire on the DMR and it will be good.

You still have the Light Rifle’s scoped ability to worry about.

In the post I specifically typed, “the DMR will still be capable of beating the BR and Light Rifle. There are some good players that can strafe properly to make 3-burst players miss.” You should take all the info I stated into hand and mix it up.
While the resulting kill times for the buffed BR and Light Rifle will be faster than the DMR, it will not be game breaking fast when you really think about it.

Also you must note the skill gap between using the BR and DMR. As you can imagine, the skill gap for using 3-burst guns (or even rapid single-fire in the Carbine’s case) is much larger than that of the DMR.

Also to mention the DMR was always meant to be a moderately powerful gun that is effective at [long-range]. The patch will accomplish this.

> Buffs do sound nice on paper but without care they could break other weapons. Automatics for instance are already at a disadvantage to precision weapons, buffing precision guns more would increase that disadvantage even moreso, possibly to the point of uselessness. The DMR already can defeat an AR even up close…
>
> I think personally that it’d be easier to nerf the few to bring them in line with the rest than to buff the rest to bring them up to the few.

If you go around nerfing everything, no one will care to use precision weapons. Again, remember Reach.

You also forget skill gap.
AR _ >----<
DMR_ >---------<
CC _ >--------------<
BR _ >-----------------------<

See? Chances of someone being a CQC master of precision weapons is slimming. If someone is that good at the game, they deserve to kill you.

I’ll get to an analysis of the automatics in another post so don’t worry so much.

How about just remove the DMR period. That gun will never be balanced with any other gun in the game. Yes, the BR was the go to weapon in Halo 2 and 3 but if you were good you could defeat it with a AR. The DMR can and in the right hands(almost anyone with thumbs) can at least trade with the AR at close range.

> If you go around nerfing everything, no one will care to use precision weapons. Again, remember Reach.

Oh I remember Reach, where the automatics were next to worthless and the DMR/Needle Rifle reigned supreme next to power weapons.

> I’ll get to an analysis of the automatics in another post so don’t worry so much.

First time in a long time where automatics weren’t an immediate death sentence to use, I’d just rather not repeat Reach here.

> Buffs do sound nice on paper but without care they could break other weapons. Automatics for instance are already at a disadvantage to precision weapons, buffing precision guns more would increase that disadvantage even moreso, possibly to the point of uselessness. The DMR already can defeat an AR even up close…
>
>
> I think personally that it’d be easier to nerf the few to bring them in line with the rest than to buff the rest to bring them up to the few.

^ This ^

> How about just remove the DMR period. That gun will never be balanced with any other gun in the game. Yes, the BR was the go to weapon in Halo 2 and 3 but if you were good you could defeat it with a AR. The DMR can and in the right hands(almost anyone with thumbs) can at least trade with the AR at close range.

I shouldn’t have to tell you how bad of an idea that it, but I will.

It’s hellish.

The why:
You can’t put a feature in a game, and then remove it, and pretend it never happened. It just doesn’t work. Everrr.

> > How about just remove the DMR period. That gun will never be balanced with any other gun in the game. Yes, the BR was the go to weapon in Halo 2 and 3 but if you were good you could defeat it with a AR. The DMR can and in the right hands(almost anyone with thumbs) can at least trade with the AR at close range.
>
> I shouldn’t have to tell you how bad of an idea that it, but I will.
>
> It’s hellish.
>
> The why:
> You can’t put a feature in a game, and then remove it, and pretend it never happened. It just doesn’t work. Everrr.

I don’t think anyone has ever even attempted it. Game developers are stubborn like that.

I’d question the balance of letting people start with long range weapons to begin with, but whatever.

ALL READERS, PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK.
IT KEEPS THE FORUM ALIVE.

<mark>This is Accurate</mark>

_____Shield____Body____BSK_____MTTK__Mag__MKPM___MAR___BVR___RR__RoFR

AR____10_______6_______16_____1.5s____32_____2______1_____1_____1___2

SR____9________6_______15_____1.4s____27_____2______2_____2_____2___2

Supp.__12_______7_______19_____1.2s____48_____2______3_____3_____3___1

Notes: Although all these weapons are capable of 2 kills per clip, this is extremely difficult (except maybe Suppressor).
The Storm rifle overheats at 27 bolts when fired full auto. Though 2 kills would need 30 bolts, I figure you would be taking stops between. Normally the Storm Rifle at 100% can fire 167 bolts allowing 11 kills max. With ammo support upgrade it can fire 250 bolts allowing 16 kills max.

Key:
BSK - Body Shot Kill _ MTTK - Minimum Time to kill _ MKPM - Max kills Per Clip

MAR - My Accuracy Rank (not really mine, just had to type something other than AR)

BVR - Bullet Velocity Rank _ RR - Range Rank _ RoFR - Rate of Fire Rank

Ranks - 1 is high, 3 is low

CHECK PAGE 7 & PAGE 8 FOR THE PLAN.

> > The why:
> > You can’t put a feature in a game, and then remove it, and pretend it never happened. It just doesn’t work. Everrr.
>
> I don’t think anyone has ever even attempted it. Game developers are stubborn like that.
>
> I’d question the balance of letting people start with long range weapons to begin with, but whatever.

There is nothing wrong with that. The real problem is that the DMR is currently besting the BR, Light Rifle, and Covenant Carbine all at once while inside the “longer end of mid-range”, if you know what I mean, which is supposed to be those weapons’ superior performance niche.

The purpose of this forum is to balance the Sandbox, not ban guns everywhere.

DMR = PS (pocket sniper)

> > > The why:
> > > You can’t put a feature in a game, and then remove it, and pretend it never happened. It just doesn’t work. Everrr.
> >
> > I don’t think anyone has ever even attempted it. Game developers are stubborn like that.
> >
> > I’d question the balance of letting people start with long range weapons to begin with, but whatever.
>
> There is nothing wrong with that. The real problem is that the DMR is currently besting the BR, Light Rifle, and Covenant Carbine all at once while inside the “longer end of mid-range”, if you know what I mean, which is supposed to be those weapons’ superior performance niche.
>
> The purpose of this forum is to balance the Sandbox, not ban guns everywhere.

Your never going to be able to balance the DMR plain and simple because the other weapons will suffer. If you make the BR a 4 shot kill(which it should have been to begin with) then it dominates all guns at close to medium range. If you increase the hit accuracy of the light right scoped and the power of it not scoped it now becomes the new DMR. The other guns aren’t the problem however the DMR is. It’s the blue pole on a yellow fence.

Remove the DMR, now leave every other gun alone. They are balanced. The automatics will reign supreme in CQC. The BR will control the medium range and the Light Rifle will be the long range weapon. This game is some what balanced now. All we have to do is remove the bolt shot and plasma pistol from load outs.

> DMR = PS (pocket sniper)

Once this patch comes through that will be the DMR’s sole niche, with the Light Rifle’s zoom mode being it’s nemesis. After patch we expect the DMR to be a [moderate] competitor at mid-range.

Cool post, very informative and pretty much confirms what we’ve seen play out on Infinity over the past month.

There’s no problem with the DMR’s strength at range. That’s the weapon’s role and it should perform it well. It does, however, seem to have no weaknesses at close range compared to the other rifles in the game. If it doesn’t have something to limit it’s effectiveness at CQC, what’s the point of other rifles?