Weapon and Armor Skins Confirmed???

• Bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE

The Limited Edition includes the following bonus digital content through Xbox LIVE: <mark>unique in-game Spartan-IV armor skin</mark>, <mark>unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle</mark>, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV armor set.

So, weapon and armor skins are confirmed!!! I think this will be pretty awesome seeing people with different unlocked skins for weapons and armor. Something new for everyone. I just hope that these skins will look badass!!!

What are your thoughts on this??

If there are more skins then just the two I hope 343 doesn’t do what Epic did with GoW 3 and make us pay for them.

Not bothered really, but I wish 343 wouldn’t waste time with these pointless gimmicks and focus on somthing worthwile for halo 4 rather than this dress up nonsense.

Maybe it’s just like Halo Wars, you got a Warthog and Wraith skin, but there weren’t any more. Don’t worry too fast. :slight_smile:

As long as it isnt a train wreck like GOW2 or costs actually money like GOW3, ill be happy. One of my favorite things in COD is weapon skins, it increases the replay-ability

I’d rather there not be skins in the game but I’m perfectly okay with it, it’s not like it’s going to ruin the game like people will probably claim…

> Not bothered really, but I wish 343 wouldn’t waste time with these pointless gimmicks and focus on somthing worthwile for halo 4 rather than this dress up nonsense.

Dress-up nonsense? Im sorry youre against individualism.

To op: one thing Id love to see is skins based on older models. Like a whole set of halo classic skins for their succesors (ma5b original xbox design for the ma5d, halo 2 br design, m90 shotgun, etc.)

I’m thinking the Assault Rifle skin might be like the Power Sword (and other weapons) pre-order bonus for Warhammer 40k : Space Marine. The Power Sword was a seperate weapon but it behaved exactly like a Chainsword, so it was essentially a weapon skin.

The Assault Rifle “skin” could be a seperate weapon that acts exactly like the MA5D, but just looks different.

Armour skin. Not set.

That almost sounds like we no longer get to pick separate armour pieces, at least in this instance.

I was thinking perhaps a “pattern” with the armor skin. Like in Mass effect 2 and 3 you could choose “material.” It didn’t really do much in that game, just changed how shiny you were.

That’s how I hope it is at least, I’d prefer the individual pieces to an entire suit. Or hell, maybe there’s like an “under armor” option now, like that black mesh they have.

> maybe there’s like an “under armor” option now, like that black mesh they have.

Just for laughs I wouldn’t mind chainmail.

I just hope they don’t go too over the top with it.

I hope we get to see these “skins” soon.

> > maybe there’s like an “under armor” option now, like that black mesh they have.
>
> Just for laughs I wouldn’t mind chainmail.

Going old school are we?

Really hope that this just means like a different model of the gun and not like an actual camo skin. I’d be pretty pissed, actually. Weapon skins shouldn’t really be in a Halo game.

> > maybe there’s like an “under armor” option now, like that black mesh they have.
>
> Just for laughs I wouldn’t mind chainmail.

Dude. Chainmaille or a Gambeson would be AWESOME.

I have already seen a video where someone modded a Br to be neon pink in Halo 3, it was terrible. This is terrible if it is COD status. Now if it can change from brown,grey,or black that is fine.

I love the idea of skin. I want to look different then other players. That’s why I love Armour customization.

> > Not bothered really, but I wish 343 wouldn’t waste time with these pointless gimmicks and focus on somthing worthwile for halo 4 rather than this dress up nonsense.
>
> Dress-up nonsense? Im sorry youre against individualism.
>
> To op: one thing Id love to see is skins based on older models. Like a whole set of halo classic skins for their succesors (ma5b original xbox design for the ma5d, halo 2 br design, m90 shotgun, etc.)

That would actually be really awesome! Have an “classic skins” for some of the traditional Halo weapons.

It says armour skin, Sgt Johnson was an extra dlc skin for ODST :wink: so this could mean we could see the return of a character as a skin or maybe just a reach/halo 3 armour set that isn’t in halo 4 , and the weapon skin could just be the halo reach assault rifle skin or something, anyway the more customization the better i say. :smiley: