Weakest Leader at the moment.

So we have had a few leaders who have under performed most noticeably Isabelle and Anders. Now I feel the next leader to get some much needed attention is the Arbiter. He has always been a weak leader but now I feel he is seriously under performing especially when you compare him to other leaders such as Jerome.

Um… He was a mid-tier leader early on last season, but after the Enforcer price cut, he’s pretty high-tier. A mix of grunts and Enforcers destroy Marines and strip bases very quickly. Ghosts aren’t a great scout unit, but Arby got a buff so going for a leader opener isn’t terrible now either.

> 2533274830489835;2:
> Um… He was a mid-tier leader early on last season, but after the Enforcer price cut, he’s pretty high-tier. A mix of grunts and Enforcers destroy Marines and strip bases very quickly. Ghosts aren’t a great scout unit, but Arby got a buff so going for a leader opener isn’t terrible now either.

Yeah this, whilst his hero is pretty weak compared to others his leader powers and other units I think make up for this. I mean there is even a few Arbys in champion, well before the reset there was.

His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.

> 2535428828618420;4:
> His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.

Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.

Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.

A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.

Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.

Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.

Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.

As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.

Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.

> 2533274869891714;5:
> > 2535428828618420;4:
> > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
>
> Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
>
> Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
>
> A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
>
> Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
>
> Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
>
> Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
>
> As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
>
> Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.

Everything you said is true. The issue with Arby is like Shipmaster he needs high APM and planning to use correctly. Even more so than Shipmaster in my opinion. This makes it harder to achieve his potential.

This isn’t a bad thing, I think the game needs more leaders that reward skilled play, I love me some Arbiter.

> 2533274927740213;6:
> > 2533274869891714;5:
> > > 2535428828618420;4:
> > > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
> >
> > Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
> >
> > Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
> >
> > A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
> >
> > Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
> >
> > Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
> >
> > Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
> >
> > As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
> >
> > Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.
>
> Everything you said is true. The issue with Arby is like Shipmaster he needs high APM and planning to use correctly. Even more so than Shipmaster in my opinion. This makes it harder to achieve his potential.
>
> This isn’t a bad thing, I think the game needs more leaders that reward skilled play, I love me some Arbiter.

I would agree. Arbiter definitely requires more skill than other leaders. He requires a higher APM, higher awareness, and excellent micro/macro than most other leaders. I have played very few players that play Arby to his full potential.

I think many players view Arby as weak because he’s more challenging to play. Whereas, leaders like Atriox or Kinsano are pretty easy to play and are more forgiving.

Thanks for sharing!

> 2533274869891714;5:
> > 2535428828618420;4:
> > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
>
> Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
>
> Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
>
> A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
>
> Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
>
> Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
>
> Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
>
> As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
>
> Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.

I would really agree but i think of him more early and mid game leader. It is also understandable he is not the strongest hero as yapyap has the best heroes and jerome has the best early presence hero but lacks late game abilities that are cheap and effective to use. If any hero is the weakest, i would say shipmasters hero is weaker than any of the spartan heroes of Cutter, Anders, and Isabel.

> 2533274869891714;5:
> > 2535428828618420;4:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Clearly we both are better with different leaders. As I am much better with colony and atriox than I am with arbiter. This is particularly due to the fact that I prefer to use defensive leaders. I wouldn’t say arbiter is bad, rather he’s only useful if he is used correctly. In this case you stated nearly every good tactic about arby which makes it safe to say he is one of your best leaders. I’ve tried using him multiple times to no avail. To make it simple, i’m just not good with him, i’m far better with atriox.

My only request is that stasis activates faster. It should protect my units from leader powers right when I activate it, not after they’re half dead.

Arby is most certainly not one of the weakest leaders. Elite enforcers are probably the strongest and most versatile building killers in the game and he has a teleport early as opposed to the other banished leaders. The buffs along with stasis more than makes up for not having damaging leader powers Arby’s in a good place

The issue with Arby is how his kit has to get so many points in order to synergize, but at the same time his enforcers promote aggressiveness. That and the phantom being crap (although I haven’t seen it post patch).

So his kit is aggressive but shines maybe in the long run? It’s two things and none at the same time I suppose.

> 2533274821521504;12:
> The issue with Arby is how his kit has to get so many points in order to synergize, but at the same time his enforcers promote aggressiveness. That and the phantom being crap (although I haven’t seen it post patch).
>
> So his kit is aggressive but shines maybe in the long run? It’s two things and none at the same time I suppose.

Basically this. Arbiter has a great early game with his Enforcers and great late game when he has all of his Leader Powers. He just has poor/mediocre mid game where his Enforcers start to lose their effectiveness and he doesn’t have enough Leader Powers to keep his Conduit of Rage going. Plus Conduit of Rage isn’t that great until you have two points in it. He does have a great late game and fighting an Arby who has all of his powers maxed out is very tough.

> 2535428828618420;9:
> > 2533274869891714;5:
> > > 2535428828618420;4:
> > > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
> >
> > Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
> >
> > Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
> >
> > A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
> >
> > Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
> >
> > Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
> >
> > Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
> >
> > As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
> >
> > Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.
>
> Clearly we both are better with different leaders. As I am much better with colony and atriox than I am with arbiter. This is particularly due to the fact that I prefer to use defensive leaders. I wouldn’t say arbiter is bad, rather he’s only useful if he is used correctly. In this case you stated nearly every good tactic about arby which makes it safe to say he is one of your best leaders. I’ve tried using him multiple times to no avail. To make it simple, i’m just not good with him, i’m far better with atriox.

It’s not a matter of who’s good with certain leaders, my dude. It’s moreso about what their potential is. Going back to Shipmaster again; he’s undeniably one of the best leaders, but very few players can play him well. I’ve even seen people claim he’s an awful leader, but that’s most likely because they don’t understand how to play him. You know what I mean, though? We should consider a leader’s potential, not our skill with them, when trying to discuss who’s better than who.

Haha, I’m okay with Arbiter; he’s certainly not one one of my bests, though. I try to play all the leaders to keep things interesting. Most leaders have different play styles and tactics, just gotta learn them.

Thank you for the discussion!

> 2533274869891714;14:
> > 2535428828618420;9:
> > > 2533274869891714;5:
> > > > 2535428828618420;4:
> > > > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
> > >
> > > Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
> > >
> > > Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
> > >
> > > A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
> > >
> > > Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
> > >
> > > Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
> > >
> > > Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
> > >
> > > As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
> > >
> > > Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.
> >
> > Clearly we both are better with different leaders. As I am much better with colony and atriox than I am with arbiter. This is particularly due to the fact that I prefer to use defensive leaders. I wouldn’t say arbiter is bad, rather he’s only useful if he is used correctly. In this case you stated nearly every good tactic about arby which makes it safe to say he is one of your best leaders. I’ve tried using him multiple times to no avail. To make it simple, i’m just not good with him, i’m far better with atriox.
>
> It’s not a matter of who’s good with certain leaders, my dude. It’s moreso about what their potential is. Going back to Shipmaster again; he’s undeniably one of the best leaders, but very few players can play him well. I’ve even seen people claim he’s an awful leader, but that’s most likely because they don’t understand how to play him. You know what I mean, though? We should consider a leader’s potential, not our skill with them, when trying to discuss who’s better than who.
>
> Haha, I’m okay with Arbiter; he’s certainly not one one of my bests, though. I try to play all the leaders to keep things interesting. Most leaders have different play styles and tactics, just gotta learn them.
>
> Thank you for the discussion!

I do agree Shipmaster is not weak but was the most powerful leader in game with Cutter, this is assuming the two new leaders are not op.

> 2535428931727626;15:
> > 2533274869891714;14:
> > > 2535428828618420;9:
> > > > 2533274869891714;5:
> > > > > 2535428828618420;4:
> > > > > His plasma bolts are utterly useless. Three maxed out shots cant kill a even kill a Wraith. Plus, he doesn’t have any heavy airstrikes or great passives. Half of his leader powers involve rage or recharging faster, both of which are useless because the rest of his powers are so weak. The Arbiter does need the most attention right now.
> > > >
> > > > Fake news! Arbiter is easily a mid-tier leader, being surpassed by only the strongest leaders. Allow me to explain, while also addressing your points.
> > > >
> > > > Plasma Bolts may not kill heavy armoured units outright, but it call red-bar entire armies. Additionally, it has a very quick activation rate, making it almost impossible to dodge. Moreover, it has a quick cooldown (even quick with Arby’s abilities), allowing one to use it in in every skirmish. Sure, Plasma Bolt can’t wipe and entire army like Eradication can, but its cheaper, activates faster, can’t be dodged, has a faster cooldown, and activates COR.
> > > >
> > > > A leader doesn’t need strong, offensive active abilities to be good. Look a Shipmaster, he’s one of the best leaders, and he also lacks heavy air strikes or great passives… Banished Raid is okay, sure, but it’s not that great.
> > > >
> > > > Arbiter’s strength lies in keeping one’s army enraged, that’s why his abilities are centralized around short cooldowns. Enraged units getting awesome flat buffs that make one’s army superior to their opponent’s, properly managing COR can lead to very strong; nearly unstoppable forces.
> > > >
> > > > Lets not forget, Arby’s Enforcers are one of the strongest early-mid game units. Proper use of these units is very, very challenging to combat.
> > > >
> > > > Arby’s hero is also doing well. Certainly not the strongest hero, but he more than holds his own. Couple in his ability to activate COR, and he’s an awesome addition to any army.
> > > >
> > > > As for Arby needing work, I don’t see how he could be adjusted. He feels very well balanced to me currently. Since you feel this way, how would you adjust him? I’m curious.
> > > >
> > > > Also, I would put Arbiter over Isabel, Johnson, Colony, Anders, Serina, maybe Atriox, and maybe Cutter. Totally my opinion, but Arbiter is certainly above other leaders.
> > >
> > > Clearly we both are better with different leaders. As I am much better with colony and atriox than I am with arbiter. This is particularly due to the fact that I prefer to use defensive leaders. I wouldn’t say arbiter is bad, rather he’s only useful if he is used correctly. In this case you stated nearly every good tactic about arby which makes it safe to say he is one of your best leaders. I’ve tried using him multiple times to no avail. To make it simple, i’m just not good with him, i’m far better with atriox.
> >
> > It’s not a matter of who’s good with certain leaders, my dude. It’s moreso about what their potential is. Going back to Shipmaster again; he’s undeniably one of the best leaders, but very few players can play him well. I’ve even seen people claim he’s an awful leader, but that’s most likely because they don’t understand how to play him. You know what I mean, though? We should consider a leader’s potential, not our skill with them, when trying to discuss who’s better than who.
> >
> > Haha, I’m okay with Arbiter; he’s certainly not one one of my bests, though. I try to play all the leaders to keep things interesting. Most leaders have different play styles and tactics, just gotta learn them.
> >
> > Thank you for the discussion!
>
> I do agree Shipmaster is not weak but was the most powerful leader in game with Cutter, this is assuming the two new leaders are op.

> 2533274855883119;13:
> > 2533274821521504;12:
> > The issue with Arby is how his kit has to get so many points in order to synergize, but at the same time his enforcers promote aggressiveness. That and the phantom being crap (although I haven’t seen it post patch).
> >
> > So his kit is aggressive but shines maybe in the long run? It’s two things and none at the same time I suppose.
>
> Basically this. Arbiter has a great early game with his Enforcers and great late game when he has all of his Leader Powers. He just has poor/mediocre mid game where his Enforcers start to lose their effectiveness and he doesn’t have enough Leader Powers to keep his Conduit of Rage going. Plus Conduit of Rage isn’t that great until you have two points in it. He does have a great late game and fighting an Arby who has all of his powers maxed out is very tough.

This is exactly why i think he’s the weakest leader. His Enforcers are very good but come mid game he is on the back foot especially when dealing with larger armies. As for his leader powers they need to be maxed out in order to be viable otherwise they’re too weak.